IO would need a damage buff

• It would be nice to see if IO has 600-700 at least 750 damage on very first champion mastery level, because, if you're playing IO, or she's your main champion, its hard to kill an enemy with only 400 damage.

• PC

Io? Damage BUFF? lol?

Her damage is absurdly consistent and has no fall-off. She ends up outdamaging most other healers because of that.

• That much damage with her current fire rate and lack of falloff would make her cancerous af. Only buff I wouldn't mind seeing is more consistency in her CC ability, right now it either works or it doesn't since there's no UI indicator to tell if it's off cooldown (iirc) and you can't always focus one enemy in the heat of battle.

• If she also uses Luna to deal damage she is very dangerous.
    Literally she has equal DPS as Sha Lin (who is a damage dealer champions) even without Luna. Her main attack has same dmg but better fire rate, projectile trajectory and dmg fall off then Mal'Damba's, and her Luna deals more dmg than his Gourd.
    Her dmg is awesome on long maps, I have 5 win, 0 lose as her and KDA above 6. I don't think she needs any buff.

• her DPS is higher than it shows cause Luna also attacks.

• PC

why not increase her health to 6000, her damage to 2000 per shot and give her atlas rewind, but in compensation luna can't attack nor stun
    seems perfectly balanced to me 🙂

what you are proposing here is to give Io damage equivalent to cassie...just saying eh, Io is a support, cassie a damage, well I'll let you figure it out

• PC

@TangAce said in IO would need a damage buff:

why not increase her health to 6000, her damage to 2000 per shot and give her atlas rewind, but in compensation luna can't attack nor stun

what you are proposing here is to give Io damage equivalent to cassie...just saying eh, Io is a support, cassie a damage, well I'll let you figure it out

Not to mention even for a damage Cassie has rather high DPS.

• I think she needs a buff, but in her talents. The damage in her base kit is good as is. Maybe change her firing rate from .6 seconds to .5 seconds. Other than that, the numbers are fine. Really, the thing she needs is a heal buff and her talents reworked.

Life Link should be in her base kit, but nerf the area heal 300s-->200s to compensate, maybe even 150s. After that, we would have three talents. One which gives Moonlight an additional burst heal of 300 upfront, it would apply each time you switch between healing people. Like it would upfront heal Inara for 300, and then it would upfront heal Vivian for 300, even if the moonlight hasn't run out for the time you switched. If you're healing Inara for 300 upfront and Vivian for 300 upfront, you won't be able to heal Inara for 300 upfront until after 5 seconds. She should have a talent where the cooldown of Luna's stun cooldown is reduced by 50% and stun time increased by 50% (cooldown of stun reduced 15s-->7.5s and stun time increased 1s-->1.5s). Then have a talent where she gets 30% bonus damage for 2 seconds after lunar leap. Really, the reason her damage seems poor compared to other healers is that she doesn't have a talent that gives her increased damage. Furia has exterminate, Grohk has maelstrom, Grover has ferocity, Jenos has binary star, Maldamba has Wekono's curse and Wekono's wrath, Pip has catalyst, Seris has soul collector, and Ying has focusing lens. Io doesn't have anything like that, which is why her damage seems so pitiful.

I like the idea of supports having 3 talents: one talent for cc, one talent for increased healing, and one talent for increased damage. That's why I feel like Seris Grover, and Grohk are the most balanced supports. They each have a talent that increases healing, something related to cc (or better cc in Grover's case), and something that increases their damage.

Sorry for the late reply by the way, but I just found this.

• @OriginalEquinox said in IO would need a damage buff:

That much damage with her current fire rate and lack of falloff would make her cancerous af. Only buff I wouldn't mind seeing is more consistency in her CC ability, right now it either works or it doesn't since there's no UI indicator to tell if it's off cooldown (iirc) and you can't always focus one enemy in the heat of battle.

@Gao-Shun said in IO would need a damage buff:

her DPS is higher than it shows cause Luna also attacks.

@Dusklicious said in IO would need a damage buff:

Not to mention even for a damage Cassie has rather high DPS.

I think they went about her buff the wrong way, but I kind of agree. Every support champion has a talent (or two) that increases their base damage. Furia has exterminate, Grohk has maelstrom, Grover has ferocity, Jenos has binary star, Maldamba has Wekono's wrath and Wekono's curse, Pip has catalyst, Seris has soul collector, and Ying has focusing lens. Io doesn't have anything like that, which is why I agree with the poster. I think support champions should have three talents that play differently: 1 related to cc (or better cc in Grover's case), 1 that increases healing, and 1 that increases damage. Right now, Io only has 1 of those for a talent.

• PC

@HeartQueen

and for every support beside gurk and pip played as dps (am I the only one playing them as supports?) or some troll picks in casual, no damage talent is ever used...
    so why bother making something that will not be played, at least Io has 2 useful talents...

Io has already insane heal, great CC, a dash reset, a shield on dash, so insane survivability, then she has pretty nice dps, then you add luna increasing that dps even more, she's strong enough

• Doesn't focusing lens and resonance have pretty high win rates, and isn't soul collector Seris's talent that nets her the highest win rate? Fair enough for Jenos, Furia, and Mal'Damba though. Really, they need a slight rework for talents.

Luminary needs to apply that 15% damage to himself as well, the cripple talent can stay, replace binary star with something that provides more healing. Furia needs celerity back to replace either cherish or exterminate (preferably exterminate). I don't know for Mal'Damba.

• @TangAce said in IO would need a damage buff:

@HeartQueen

and for every support beside gurk and pip played as dps (am I the only one playing them as supports?) or some troll picks in casual, no damage talent is ever used...
    so why bother making something that will not be played, at least Io has 2 useful talents...

Io has already insane heal, great CC, a dash reset, a shield on dash, so insane survivability, then she has pretty nice dps, then you add luna increasing that dps even more, she's strong enough

Another thing to note, Io only has insane heal with life link, which makes that talent mandatory unfortunately. I just want supports to have other viable talents other than the healbot talent.

• @HeartQueen As far as ive seen her healbot talent is also the one that ups her survivability and her dmg potential becuz of the self sustain io gets from luna using that card. Nothing else i have to say for now.

• PC

@HeartQueen

ying isn't a support, she's a murder machine

Seris soul collect is indeed pretty good, but that's cause her base healing is more than enough

and I think you don't understand the use of life link^^' it's not meant to heal your team, but to heal yourself and luna without having to spend your healing on luna...

@HeartQueen

In my opinion, Io has the worst CC among healers, except Ying who has no form of CC at all. Io's CC is unreliable because it's on a strict time basis. It stuns every 15 seconds, and there is no bringing that number down. Maldamba's stuns are increased the more you increase his reload speed. Other healers have cards that decrease the time it takes to stun. Io doesn't have anything like that though. Just a flat 15 seconds before stunning, and it's the longest time ever with no way to reduce it.

Face it, Io needs a buff. Granted, Io's arrows shooting for 600-750 is a bit much, but I don't understand why everyone here acts like her kit is good as is. If Life Link is the only viable talent, and her stun isn't good, don't you think she needs a buff to her base kit? It's like saying Ying's healing is fine because she has life exchange. Meanwhile if you pick Resonance or Focusing Lens as a solo healer, you'll tilt your team (even in casual).

• PC

@HeartQueen

yet it's a stun that is hard to miss^^ you can fail it but if you understand the mechanic behind it you won't miss it

her ult is basically torv but better

compared to grov criple, furia's beam, or pip slow and other CC, Io is very cheap and op af

Io is already good as she is, she's balanced, doesn't need a buff, doesn't need a nerf
    godess' blessing will be op af in premade tho, probably require a second support to work, but definitely usable
    life link gives her self sustain (and luna as well, meaning you don't have to heal her)
    sacrifice is a dps thingy but it's trash

ying was simply nerfed and changed the wrong way, and now she is garbage as a support, decent as a dps/flank tho
    ying was designed to be aggressive, and good ying players miss the time you could play reso and actually provide with healing

• @HeartQueen said in IO would need a damage buff:

In my opinion, Io has the worst CC among healers, except Ying

If you don't count Grohk. Most healers only have one viable talent. I played IO somewhat and my impression was she is fine. Judged by Better Meta a small buff would be OK. Her survivability seems not the best. She got a buff last patch though if I got this right.

@TangAce
    Her Ult is not even near Torvald. This thing is just lame.

@HeartQueen

yet it's a stun that is hard to miss^^ you can fail it but if you understand the mechanic behind it you won't miss it

her ult is basically torv but better

compared to grov criple, furia's beam, or pip slow and other CC, Io is very cheap and op af

Io is already good as she is, she's balanced, doesn't need a buff, doesn't need a nerf
    godess' blessing will be op af in premade tho, probably require a second support to work, but definitely usable
    life link gives her self sustain (and luna as well, meaning you don't have to heal her)
    sacrifice is a dps thingy but it's trash

ying was simply nerfed and changed the wrong way, and now she is garbage as a support, decent as a dps/flank tho
    ying was designed to be aggressive, and good ying players miss the time you could play reso and actually provide with healing

I don't miss her stun, it just only comes every 15 seconds. It's the longest cooldown for any cc on a healer, and there isn't a way to reduce the time. Furia's used to be the longest at 12 seconds, but you still had cards to reduce the pyre beam's cooldown. Io doesn't have that. So when you're using her and wanting to stun, it's contingent upon whether or not the dog 'feels like' stunning anyone.

@M3RC3N4RI0 said in IO would need a damage buff:

@HeartQueen said in IO would need a damage buff:

In my opinion, Io has the worst CC among healers, except Ying

If you don't count Grohk. Most healers only have one viable talent. I played IO somewhat and my impression was she is fine. Judged by Better Meta a small buff would be OK. Her survivability seems not the best. She got a buff last patch though if I got this right.

@TangAce
    Her Ult is not even near Torvald. This thing is just lame.

Well, Grohk has cc immunity as his cc, which is actually great against tanks and healers with a lot of cc plus people like Maeve/Strix that have cc ults. And I agree about her ult being underwhelming. She doesn't need a huge buff, just a slight buff to her cc, and to get rid of that sacrifice talent.

• PC

@HeartQueen

her CC is so annoying already, it's a stun you can't miss, you can miss pyre beam or snake, and you'll surely die for it, while Io can't miss it, she also has a dash reset...and her dps is 800 I think, without luna...I can get top damage as Io if I don't heal...just sayin...while playing sacrifice (kinda underrated as a dmg talent)

• @HeartQueen said in IO would need a damage buff:

Well, Grohk has cc immunity as his cc,

CC immunity is a buff and not a cc.