Atlas Barrier change?

• Temporal Divide, while a neat ability, feels not as useful as i hoped.

While the barrier is useful at times to help deter snipers and protect teammates off point, i find the cooldown to be too long and the protection it renders to be a tad lacking against flying and overhead enemies/ults

I do have an idea as to how this could be remedied.

Rather than the barrier be larger over all, have it become an expanding dome shape that starts out roughly the size of Atlas himself.

The barrier would expand for its duration, becoming slightly smaller than Makoa's barrier. This would provide greater point defense for Atlas and teammates against flying/overhead enemies like Drogoz, And Willow.

The new barrier would also potentially counter ults like Imani's dragon and Victor's Orbital Strike better. Maybe even "eat" Skye's ult as it lays on the ground, if caught by the expanding barrier.

I feel the long cooldown would certainly be justified then, maybe increasing the durationby 1 or 2 seconds.

• PC

just saying but, atlas is already more than op, he's just broken af, his shield plays a big role in why he's broken, it's a shield you can't destroy and which destroy about any projectile including ults (yes even evie's ult is removed by the barrier...)
    atlas don't care about anything, he just counters about anything, and I swear if he gets a buff I'll stop playing paladins

• atlas is not op he got huge cooldown he got only 1 dmg of all of his kit his not OP atlas is only good on range but when his on CQC his too easy to get killed, also atlas shield duration is too short and take long time to get a cooldown while other tank got a card that reduce their shield if it takes dmg depends on their numbers

• Switch

I liked the playstyle of atlas, He just needs a little rework and and little nerf.

• the only nerf is reduce his HP by 200 thats all his dmg is ok cause of the charge or depends on what meter you pre fire and its ok for atlas cant use any skill if his on his pre fire stage beside atlas is so easy to get killed if you pick a maeve cause maeve can shred atlas if she use her talent on insta kill also atlas cant deal massive dmg if his charge atk is on 1st charge also i like the recoil of atlas atk if you spam the 1st charge and 3rd charge

the only champ who need a nerf is strix not atlas, strix got stealth he can deal easy quickscope also his dmg is way more annoying than atlas

• PC

@roiwtto999 said in Atlas Barrier change?:

the only nerf is reduce his HP by 200 thats all his dmg is ok cause of the charge or depends on what meter you pre fire and its ok for atlas cant use any skill if his on his pre fire stage beside atlas is so easy to get killed if you pick a maeve cause maeve can shred atlas if she use her talent on insta kill also atlas cant deal massive dmg if his charge atk is on 1st charge also i like the recoil of atlas atk if you spam the 1st charge and 3rd charge

the only champ who need a nerf is strix not atlas, strix got stealth he can deal easy quickscope also his dmg is way more annoying than atlas

Nerfing his HP is a horrible idea. -_- His health is already the third lowest in the tank class to Barik and also Torvald, who also has shielding.

Uhm, yeah, Strix is an actual damage champion... Atlas is a tank... Not to mention his damage is definitely not bad at all close range. In fact his close range DPS is higher than long range, because you don't have to charge it. I end up rarely charging my shots when I play Atlas for that reason.

He definitely needs some kind of nerf, I'd suggest nerfing Second Chance's self-healing to 80% of what it is now because it's frankly broken as f*** and Deja Vu's AoE is a bit big. That isn't to say that I agree with TangAce, because I frankly don't. Atlas is far from broken. The only champion that's really broken right now is Makoa to be honest. Atlas is just insanely good.

• @Dusklicious atlas Setback is 12s, Stasis Field 14s and Second chance is 18s thats already ok thats along cooldown he got the largest cooldown than other tanks to be fair atlas is a ok tank his not OP cause of his long cooldown once its use up his just a free target.

i played atlas and vs atlas player his not OP just a normal tank with good survivability but weak once he use up his skill.

• PC

@roiwtto999 said in Atlas Barrier change?:

@Dusklicious atlas Setback is 12s, Stasis Field 14s and Second chance is 18s thats already ok thats along cooldown he got the largest cooldown than other tanks to be fair atlas is a ok tank his not OP cause of his long cooldown once its use up his just a free target.

i played atlas and vs atlas player his not OP just a normal tank with good survivability but weak once he use up his skill.

I have as well more than once. I also have played a good 75-80 games with the champion at this point. He is weak when his skills are used up, but the skills themselves are so strong that if you can manage the cooldowns, it's really the only downside with Atlas.

Normal tank? Lol? He's very much not a normal tank... He can set enemies back while reducing their health, he can deal good damage at range... That doesn't sound at all like a normal tank to me.

• @Dusklicious he got only 1 skill to set dmg and thats his primary fire and no bonus dmg also atlas is just a back end tank he cant go CQC thats his downside. the bad part at altas kit its his setback if you mess up on a near death or potato your team almost killed enemy than its a LOL, atlas primary fire you cant hold his max dmg you need to time it also the atk is so weak if you atk instantly like 20% dmg also he got recoil if you dont max the charge which some of the bullet miss.