Ruckus buff

• Switch

I think he designed to be offensive more than defensive.

• PC

@a_a said in Ruckus buff:

I think he designed to be offensive more than defensive.

Sure, but he's still a front line champion. Every other offensive tank has far better sustain than Ruckus. Fernando, Ash, Khan, Terminus... All have significantly better sustain.

I'm not the first to jump on the "mobility buff" bandwagon, but in this case I think a buff to Aerial Assault would help a lot. The vertical element is very clunky atm, and I think an increased distance as well as a smoother ability would help him a lot, allowing him to evade more damage (increased tankiness) and position easier (increased damage).

I'm not that good when it comes to Ruckus but the biggest problem I have seen so far from him is the fact that he moves way too slowly when firing and during the ult, especially during the ult (only a 5% walkspeed). My idea would be to either let him move a bit faster during the ult or give him more DR during it, probably a buff to 25%, I think the latter would be better.

• @Dusklicious maybe remove the firing slow, it'll make him a little harder to hit.

• PC

@Zeebuoy said in Ruckus buff:

@Dusklicious maybe remove the firing slow, it'll make him a little harder to hit.

Removing the firing slow would make his DPS much higher, and buffing his DPS is probably going to turn him into a better Viktor when it comes to the meta.

Maybe give it DR while it's spinning up?

• @Dusklicious said in Ruckus buff:

Removing the firing slow would make his DPS much worse,

how so?

he'd be able to dodge a bit better.

• PC

@Dusklicious said in Ruckus buff:

Removing the firing slow would make his DPS much higher,

how so?

he'd be able to dodge a bit better.

It would allow him to deal full damage a lot sooner. Also, edited because I mis-said that. Though "worse" could be accurate as in "worse of a potential problem."

• Switch

yeah, rukus is more of an off tank... So he has less sustain at the trade off of more damage. Call me crazy but i think hes in a good spot right now WITH THE RIGHT TEAM COMP

• @Koopakid said in Ruckus buff:

WITH THE RIGHT TEAM COMP

which one and how come?

• @Zeebuoy said in Ruckus buff:

@Koopakid said in Ruckus buff:

WITH THE RIGHT TEAM COMP

which one and how come?

Damage amps I'm guessing

• PC

@OriginalEquinox said in Ruckus buff:

@Koopakid said in Ruckus buff:

WITH THE RIGHT TEAM COMP

which one and how come?

Damage amps I'm guessing

Damage amp comps would sacrifice healing potential, but Ruckus damage with Luminary buffs and an Inara (particularly an ult combo with her and the Ruckus) could be potentially crazy. But other than very specific comps, I just don't see him performing.

• PC

@Zeebuoy The comp that you get when there are 4 tanks banned enemy first picks ash and your first 2 teanmates are retarded enough to not pick barik+jenos and instead picks damage dealers

@Dusklicious barik is better with both ruckus and jenos tho. His damage is more reliable than inara's and ruckus can ult inside barik's one

• PC

@ShogunPukin said in Ruckus buff:

@Zeebuoy The comp that you get when there are 4 tanks banned enemy first picks ash and your first 2 teanmates are retarded enough to not pick barik+jenos and instead picks damage dealers

@Dusklicious barik is better with both ruckus and jenos tho. His damage is more reliable than inara's and ruckus can ult inside barik's one

Barik and Ruckus are absolutely horrible together. Barik lacks sustain. Plus it isn't about the damage but Inara's CC as well as her ability to sustain.

• ruckus got more survivability than othe tanks he got low cooldown on his dash and his machine gun can shred so fast just get close on a mid range you can shred players the down side on ruckus his ult in not strong sure it can throw all of its ammo on a target but when i hit my ult on a makoa shield i only dmg the shield end up dmg makoa by 30% when i finally hit him.

• All Rukus needs is better defensive abilities.
    Maybe a personal shield that constantly regenerates for its duration.
    And probably Bubble shield as a talent option for healing windows and area damage mitigation.

• PC

@AYYDIMITRI said in Ruckus buff:

All Rukus needs is better defensive abilities.
    Maybe a personal shield that constantly regenerates for its duration.
    And probably Bubble shield as a talent option for healing windows and area damage mitigation.

Interesting ideas, though personally I like the idea of turning Ruckus into a sort of close range bruiser by buffing up his defensive abilities as well as giving him actual CC and changing his Aerial Assault talent to something more like a direct assault that makes his dashes knock back and deal damage.

• What about a talent that greatly reduces his self-slow while firing? OR buffing the "No Chill" card from 5% to 10% per level?

I know Advance is a good ability, even better now without momentum loss.... , but i still feel like a sitting duck during combat/firing.

• @Dusklicious
    I have pondered a potential knockback on advance as well. But I think having multiple charges would be too much player control vs mobilityless targets I think.

However, as for making ruckus better as a cqc bruiser. I feel like they should increase the spread on his miniguns to be like Kogas, making them unreliable passed mid range. Maybe reducing the bullet damage falloff or buffing the damage slightly... Then once his ideal attack range is sorted, he will probably need a more durable shield to stay around close quarters. As I stated, one that regenerates while active, so instead of having additional disposable HP, you have a shield that stays strong as long as they aren't doing enough firepower to destroy it, which would force you to be mobile and hard to hit in order to get the most out of it.

And as for the bubble shield as a talent.
    Rukus shield is really breif, so a momentary dome shield is not going to hold back much for long, but it should be enough for rukus to make an impact and sustain some healing, while providing a shield sightline for the team. The issue is that rukus is still weak to close quarters caut in this state but should have the dash moves to deal with potential intruders to his shield. Also rukus needs some area shield as to not rely on other frontlines to provide one for him.

I just feel like tanks need to be some form of hardpoint for the team, and all rukus does is soft surpression as a form of zoning.

• PC

@AYYDIMITRI said in Ruckus buff:

@Dusklicious
    I have pondered a potential knockback on advance as well. But I think having multiple charges would be too much player control vs mobilityless targets I think.

However, as for making ruckus better as a cqc bruiser. I feel like they should increase the spread on his miniguns to be like Kogas, making them unreliable passed mid range. Maybe reducing the bullet damage falloff or buffing the damage slightly... Then once his ideal attack range is sorted, he will probably need a more durable shield to stay around close quarters. As I stated, one that regenerates while active, so instead of having additional disposable HP, you have a shield that stays strong as long as they aren't doing enough firepower to destroy it, which would force you to be mobile and hard to hit in order to get the most out of it.

And as for the bubble shield as a talent.
    Rukus shield is really breif, so a momentary dome shield is not going to hold back much for long, but it should be enough for rukus to make an impact and sustain some healing, while providing a shield sightline for the team. The issue is that rukus is still weak to close quarters caut in this state but should have the dash moves to deal with potential intruders to his shield. Also rukus needs some area shield as to not rely on other frontlines to provide one for him.

I just feel like tanks need to be some form of hardpoint for the team, and all rukus does is soft surpression as a form of zoning.

I like your idea with the mini-guns though on the shield idea, I'm not so sure. His shields as they are would really need a pretty significant buff to their health to sustain for any decent period of time. The 2.5k just will not cut it. Bubble shield would be an interesting idea though, even if it sounds an awful lot like Half Shell.