Frontline in ranked

• No one wanna play with useless frontlines in ranked, buff them

• If you have a good team, including a good Frontline, there would be no reason for a buff.

• I need to pray for good team mates or what

• Switch

Matchmaking 🤷

• Its not that Tanks are weak...
    PEOPLE ARE JUST COWARDS.

• PC

Tanks are really good in general right now though... There's just a lot of bad tank players that spam "need healing" instead of actually trying to wait for healing, with the worst positioning imaginable.

Sure there are a couple of champions in the class that are outliers (Ruckus and Torvald IMO), but the rest are all pretty good. Fern, Inara, an Terminus are a little weaker than the rest of the viable tanks but all that's needed is a buff to Fernando's Aegis to make it useful, an adjustment to Inara that makes her a little less tanky in favor of more mobility. And as for Terminus, he just needs bug fixes and maybe a slight buff to Undying. But every other tank doesn't really need anything, or even need nerfs. (Makoa and sort of Atlas especially)

• Just queue with 1 friend. If the're comfortable with support - you could tank or vice versa (you support them while they tank), while everyone else gets to frag out as usual. You can't expect a well coordinated team with complete randos, its not impossible, but just difficult.

• @yavkatabg said in Frontline in ranked:

I need to pray for good team mates or what

Make friends, schedule matches.

• I know only that some players type : two tanks pls....two tanks pls.... and they pick dps then swearing in chat because no one pick frontline champions.... How to expect to win....

• Played a ranked match yesterday for the flair chest as Khan and spent the entire match in the enemies face giving their healer and DPS no breathing room at all and we won 4-0 even though they had Ash and Terminus while we had Torv as a point tank. The only players who would consider tanks as bad are the ones who think their sole purpose is to sit on the objective and be pocket healed while giving the enemies free ult charge, use them aggressively and see why they're top ban/picks in high level lobbies.

• There are not many real main frontliner (aka tank) left though. I'd only count Inara and Term as those.

• PC

@M3RC3N4RI0 said in Frontline in ranked:

There are not many real main frontliner (aka tank) left though. I'd only count Inara and Term as those.

I'd actually say that most tanks can main tank, though definitely not all of them. I mean even Ash and Fernando are serviceable main tanks. Sure they're both significantly better played as off-tanks, but I think both of them have underestimated abilities on the point, particularly Ash.

• Also don't forget that tanks are heavily dependent on a good load-out, and hopefully the tank picks a load-out that is well suited to their strategy or play style.

• PC

@Fortis01x said in Frontline in ranked:

Also don't forget that tanks are heavily dependent on a good load-out, and hopefully the tank picks a load-out that is well suited to their strategy or play style.

Yeah and not every tank has one loadout idea that always works... Most tanks don't in fact.

They can also be kind of team dependent, I particularly say Barik and Inara on this one.

But of course, every class has their aspects about them that make them fun or not, subjectively speaking.