If in TDM players can do team damage, it would be more intense and different from Onslaught

• So far TDM is just a shorter version of Onslaught. And there are not so much difference between both. I came out with an idea about new rules on TDM which makes players play more carefully and get some fresh feeling.

TDM in my imagination:

• Friendly fire on
    • Team killer will lose credit
    • Healing resources can be use by enemy team
    • Team can only get points by killing enemies

What's your thought? BTW, should team kills count as kill to heal?😂

• If teams actually worked as a team it can intensify and improve the game. But usually both teams attack each other like two football teams with no plan or direction - every player for themselves. If lucky, maybe my team wins.

"This is team death match, we don't need no strategy!"

• Honestly TDM still feels like a rushed game mode with some rushed maps in its current state and could use an overhaul.

I still think I prefer payload over TDM.
    Don't get me wrong, I enjoy onslaught, I play around the environment better when people do not spawn on my ass.
    Personally I just find the buying items while alive, low death lockout times to be a bit much.

Adding friendly fire would just be annoying as body blocking and shootijg through allies is a part of the dynamics of thr game.

• Friendly fire would just allow people to grief and troll games.

• PC

Give us back the payload mode, thanks

• PC

@ShogunPukin actually, we are getting a new mode this year. I wonder how it will be

I also kinda miss payload

• PC

@marantzz said in If in TDM players can do team damage, it would be more intense and different from Onslaught:

@ShogunPukin actually, we are getting a new mode this year. I wonder how it will be

I also kinda miss payload

I'd like the survival to be back, just so I can get that last achievement

Let's not get off-topic please.

• PC

@marantzz was it announced? where?

About this tdm with friendly fire I like the idea maybe start some map as an event to test it out first? I think the amount of reports will be three times than usual honestly, even if they dont do on purpose not everyone has patience to get killed by a teammate by accident.

• PC

• Given how many players intentionally throw matches - you know the ones I’m talking about - they spend the match dancing at the spawn ... I can imagine tons of these types would spend the match doing no damage to the enemy team and just killing their team mates. Could see a lot of frustration with that. Maybe a battle mode that isn’t team based, just every player for themselves. Most kills / damage wins.

• @Saskamazon said in If in TDM players can do team damage, it would be more intense and different from Onslaught:

Given how many players intentionally throw matches - you know the ones I’m talking about - they spend the match dancing at the spawn ... I can imagine tons of these types would spend the match doing no damage to the enemy team and just killing their team mates. Could see a lot of frustration with that. Maybe a battle mode that isn’t team based, just every player for themselves. Most kills / damage wins.

They can make it so if you kill too many team mates you get banned.

• @Maeveinator said in If in TDM players can do team damage, it would be more intense and different from Onslaught:

@Saskamazon said in If in TDM players can do team damage, it would be more intense and different from Onslaught:

Given how many players intentionally throw matches - you know the ones I’m talking about - they spend the match dancing at the spawn ... I can imagine tons of these types would spend the match doing no damage to the enemy team and just killing their team mates. Could see a lot of frustration with that. Maybe a battle mode that isn’t team based, just every player for themselves. Most kills / damage wins.

They can make it so if you kill too many team mates you get banned.

How complicated do we want this game to be as many players don't know how to play as a team?

• Team mates walk into your dredge ult and die... you get banned... no more paladins for you.... your team walked into your kill zone...
    You think this is a good idea kiddies?
    Do you want to be banned becase some s'wit ate your attack and was not a hostile?

As I said... there are core elements in this came that revolve around shooting through allies as a form of cover.
    To change this feature for one game mode would make for inconsistant gameplay across others.

TDMs in Arena Shooters do not have frendily fire on as a standard game option, only games that focus on realistic combat use friendly fire.... considering this is a power fantasy game, realism goes out the spegetti window....

• Well lets not be ridiculous, im saying mass team killing like killing 15 or more team mates in 1 game will give you an hour ban.

• I would prefer having consistant mechanics between game modes. You can que for 3 game modes, one of them you damage allies is not consistant game mechanics.

I would aslo prefer a grief free environment and gameplay experience without a need or potential need for automattic banning to ammend the problems caused by other players you happen to play with ok.

Just throwing a ban in there is not a solution for a bad idea.

The only way you could impose a friendly fire rule would be through custom games.

• Banned

Friendly fire should definitely NOT be on.
    It'd make it way too hard for healers to be behind tanks and fire at enemies.
    I play Io, a common strategy I do I hide behind a tank and shoot through the tank to deal damage to whoever the tank is killing, that way if the tank starts to get low I can heal them and I can also try to protect their back.
    Either way, in TDM friendly fire should absolutely not be on.
    It was cause a spike in toxicity and actually make team work harder.