Buff Cassie

• PC

@taikonaut I agree that if Paladins had hero switching it could add a layer of depth and counter play that is kinda missing and would also allow people to play with unorthodox comps more while having the versatility of switching on the fly...

That being said, I wholeheartedly disagree on your point in buffing a char because people will miss shots...

Human error is not Cassie’s fault as the same logic can be applied to ANY champion, if you miss with stryx for example then it makes zero difference if you miss with Cassie... if you’re playing as Cassie is cause you can hit with her weapon, not because you suck eggs with her...

• @REDBelmont456 said in Buff Cassie:

@taikonaut I agree that if Paladins had hero switching it could add a layer of depth and counter play that is kinda missing and would also allow people to play with unorthodox comps more while having the versatility of switching on the fly...

That being said, I wholeheartedly disagree on your point in buffing a char because people will miss shots...

Human error is not Cassie’s fault as the same logic can be applied to ANY champion, if you miss with stryx for example then it makes zero difference if you miss with Cassie... if you’re playing as Cassie is cause you can hit with her weapon, not because you suck eggs with her...

So you're saying it's equivalent being able to hitscan headshot for 1800 from across the map, and doing 650 damage with a slow moving projectile.

• PC

@taikonaut you are not accounting for differences in rate of fire and you are also improperly assuming the Stryx player will land headshots 100% of the time...

It is a fallacious argument as if you put them in a 1v1 scenario in general the Cassie can take out the Stryx before he knows what hit him...

@taikonaut you are not accounting for differences in rate of fire and you are also improperly assuming the Stryx player will land headshots 100% of the time...

It is a fallacious argument as if you put them in a 1v1 scenario in general the Cassie can take out the Stryx before he knows what hit him...

That's not what the phrase "fallacious argument" means. I don't see how Cassie has any advantage over Strix. It's true with Big Game she's probably the only real consistent threat, at close range, but even then it's just a roll of the dice.

• PC

@taikonaut said in Buff Cassie:

@REDBelmont456 said in Buff Cassie:

That's not what the phrase "fallacious argument" means. I don't see how Cassie has any advantage over Strix. It's true with Big Game she's probably the only real consistent threat, at close range, but even then it's just a roll of the dice.

I believe I used that word properly as you’ve been using on paper theories that are completely nonsensical as to why characters should be buffed or nerfed.

If you really wanna see for yourself then you need to find people who are really good with Cassie and Stryx and then spectate them in 1v1 scenarios.

You’ll quickly realize that either of them winning comes down less to a “roll of a dice” and more so “the better aim, map awareness and character knowledge”...

IF you can’t understand that much then you really should rethink trying to make arguments that could potentially damage (pun intended) the balance of Paladins.

Also, the games waning popularity is no one but the company’s fault not to mention you’ve got top games such as Borderlands 3 among others that came out that is sure to put a dent into Paladins... it just happens.

• @REDBelmont456 I don't understand. Strix can do more damage more easily. He peaks for 12 or 1800 damage. The only times I've been beaten by a Cassie are when they caught me out of position. I catch them out of position many more times because unlike Cassie I can catch people out of position from across the map. And it's not just Strix vs Cassie in a 1v1 sense. It's Strix vs other champions vs Cassie vs other champions. It's just incredibly easy to do damage as Strix from every range. That's why everyone complains about Strix and people seldom complain about Cassie.

• PC

@taikonaut

Why are you using a broken Strix as some sort of reference? You obviously admit he has an issue since you created a Nerf Strix thread. What's next - BK and Drogoz should be able to 1v1 or perform the same as Strix? Point is all the champions are unique.

There is no need to buff or change everything else when all that has to be done is fix the underlying Strix problem.

PS: Being "stuck" with champion and loadout selections from the beginning is far more strategic than being able to change on the fly.

• @DaddyOoker said in Buff Cassie:

@taikonaut

Why are you using a broken Strix as some sort of reference? You obviously admit he has an issue since you created a Nerf Strix thread. What's next - BK and Drogoz should be able to 1v1 or perform the same as Strix? Point is all the champions are unique.

There is no need to buff or change everything else when all that has to be done is fix the underlying Strix problem.

PS: Being "stuck" with champion and loadout selections from the beginning is far more strategic than being able to change on the fly.

Well my problem with Strix is twofold. 1. other skilled DPS can't carry as hard as he can. 2. his utility and ult are just uncounterable, unfun cancer. Going invisible and turning people blind in a game all about aiming at enemies? Reallllly awful game design. That said, I love being able to hard carry as Strix by just shooting everything in the room. Introduce more skill, aim based champions like that by fixing Cassie and Lian, and fix hitboxes, and you've got a fun game. Especially if you do away with champion locks and limits so anyone can play any champion whenever they want to.

I mean if you look at TF2's design they don't try to make every character a hard carry hero. Soldier is the main carry. Scout, Sniper, and Demo are sometimes used to carry. Pyro and Spy are mainly goof around characters. So it would make sense for some of Paladins' roster to have high skill ceilings such as Strix, Cassie, and Lian, while others like Moji are okay for pubstomping bad players but can't accomplish much at higher ELOs.

• PC

@DaddyOoker said in Buff Cassie:

@taikonaut

Well my problem with Strix is twofold. 1. other skilled DPS can't carry as hard as he can. 2. his utility and ult are just uncounterable, unfun cancer. Going invisible and turning people blind in a game all about aiming at enemies? Reallllly awful game design. That said, I love being able to hard carry as Strix by just shooting everything in the room. Introduce more skill, aim based champions like that by fixing Cassie and Lian, and fix hitboxes, and you've got a fun game. Especially if you do away with champion locks and limits so anyone can play any champion whenever they want to.

If you’re hard carrying as Stryx then you’re either in low elo or in casual against a bad team.

From my experience, anytime someone picks a sniper such as Stryx or Kinessa then we’re pretty much gonna lose cause they have zero presence on point, are doing damage but are not killing or are being easily picked off by enemy flanker or damage...

I also never ever see a Stryx or kinessa in platinum, diamond or master, but I almost always see a Cassie, Tyra or Liam and I am on PC. Snipers in hero shooters just tend to suck in higher ranks cause of what I mentioned above.

The last Stryx that badmouthed me because I said snipers should be removed from Paladins cause they suck lost to me 1v1 3 to 0 against my Drogoz AND Cassie...

@taikonaut

If you’re hard carrying as Stryx then you’re either in low elo or in casual against a bad team.

From my experience, anytime someone picks a sniper such as Stryx or Kinessa then we’re pretty much gonna lose cause they have zero presence on point, are doing damage but are not killing or are being easily picked off by enemy flanker or damage...

I also never ever see a Stryx or kinessa in platinum, diamond or master, but I almost always see a Cassie, Tyra or Liam and I am on PC. Snipers in hero shooters just tend to suck in higher ranks cause of what I mentioned above.

The last Stryx that badmouthed me because I said snipers should be removed from Paladins cause they suck lost to me 1v1 3 to 0 against my Drogoz AND Cassie...

Kidding me? It's so easy to deal with any other DPS as Strix. Maeve just one shot and then an UU and she's dead. Evie just one shot and she has to go back to licking her wounds without doing any damage. Every flank besides those two is basically a joke. Explain on objective terms how Cassie or Lian are better than Strix?

• PC

@taikonaut

Your response is justifying what I'm saying - nerf Strix. Your efforts should be spent on that thread rather than buffing/changing other champions.

Turning the game into OW is your solution? Frankly, I would go play OW with the much larger player base if that change was made.

• PC

@taikonaut flanks in general except for evie are bad, thanks to their mobility being neutered and most if not all being too brittle and easily shut down with any kind of CC.

Damage outclasses flank in that regard since they do high damage and can even fill the role as flanker if needed. So any damage that can fill all roles in an objective based Mode is gonna be a meta pick, hence why Stryx just doesn’t cut it...

you are more than welcome to prove me wrong later when I get back from work if you want...

@taikonaut

Your response is justifying what I'm saying - nerf Strix. Your efforts should be spent on that thread rather than buffing/changing other champions.

Turning the game into OW is your solution? Frankly, I would go play OW with the much larger player base if that change was made.

Well I for one like being able to kill people using my aiming ability, which is why I play Strix. The only time I had a bad game as Strix was when I let a PPL player on the other team get Atlas, who can also do crazy damage from across the map while having amazing amounts of overpowered mechanics and health besides that.

@REDBelmont456 said in Buff Cassie:

@taikonaut flanks in general except for evie are bad, thanks to their mobility being neutered and most if not all being too brittle and easily shut down with any kind of CC.

Damage outclasses flank in that regard since they do high damage and can even fill the role as flanker if needed. So any damage that can fill all roles in an objective based Mode is gonna be a meta pick, hence why Stryx just doesn’t cut it...

you are more than welcome to prove me wrong later when I get back from work if you want...

Well Maeve is pretty powerful. I think Strix doesn't cut it because most people can't aim well enough to perform with him. Just the other day they pulled out Strix in a PPL match on Serpent Beach and it was a total slaughter. A competent Strix completely dominates the map thanks to his range and DPS.

• PC

@taikonaut Maeve is too easily shut down by stuns, roots and general CC, and unlike evie she has no reliable escapes, not to mention she is a sitting duck vs a good hitscan char or even a good projectile char (I can easily deal with Maeve as Drogoz for example).

A good blink evie on the other hand can completely shut down an entire team at best and is an unkillable and untargetable nuisance at worst. She’s basically like Tracer but with a rocket launcher...

Perhaps Stryx is stronger on console (as most hitscan are) thanks to aim assist and magnetism helping players out vs a k&w which is more precise but requires you to be on point. But on PC from my experience I’ve just had too many lost games with a Stryx on the team so I don’t think he is OP at all, and in fact I tend to put my try hard cap whenever someone picks him since we’re gonna pretty much be down 1...

@taikonaut Maeve is too easily shut down by stuns, roots and general CC, and unlike evie she has no reliable escapes, not to mention she is a sitting duck vs a good hitscan char or even a good projectile char (I can easily deal with Maeve as Drogoz for example).

A good blink evie on the other hand can completely shut down an entire team at best and is an unkillable and untargetable nuisance at worst. She’s basically like Tracer but with a rocket launcher...

Perhaps Stryx is stronger on console (as most hitscan are) thanks to aim assist and magnetism helping players out vs a k&w which is more precise but requires you to be on point. But on PC from my experience I’ve just had too many lost games with a Stryx on the team so I don’t think he is OP at all, and in fact I tend to put my try hard cap whenever someone picks him since we’re gonna pretty much be down 1...

Well most Strix players just aren't very good, because unlike most champions Strix relies almost exclusively on good aim to do well with and most people just aren't that great at aiming.

• PC

@taikonaut if most people are not good at aiming, then pray tell how making Cassie hitscan will help make her better since your Logic behind her getting buffed is people can’t aim.

If people can’t hit with projectile or hitscan then I think maybe they should play a MOBA or MMORPG, cause FPSs are not their forte...

@taikonaut if most people are not good at aiming, then pray tell how making Cassie hitscan will help make her better since your Logic behind her getting buffed is people can’t aim.

If people can’t hit with projectile or hitscan then I think maybe they should play a MOBA or MMORPG, cause FPSs are not their forte...

I would definitely enjoy and do better with Cassie if she was hitscan instead of projectile. She would become a force to be reckoned with at a range. She might need even more buffs than that to be on par with Strix though.

• PC

@taikonaut

You know I was going to delete this thread from my head due to nowhere... but then I saw that you guys just hit the solution without realizing it.

Change Strix's rifle to be the same as Cassie's projectile - make it an actual skill shot. No travel time at long range is BS.

@taikonaut

You know I was going to delete this thread from my head due to nowhere... but then I saw that you guys just hit the solution without realizing it.

Change Strix's rifle to be the same as Cassie's projectile - make it an actual skill shot. No travel time at long range is BS.

Well, I see you're using MOBA terminology, so I can only surmise your end goal here is to make Paladins more of a MOBA and less of an FPS. People love quickscoping and shooting people from across the map. It takes a lot of skill and is adrenaline inducing. It's why CSGO is so popular. We need to head more towards the skilled fast paced FPS and further away from the 40 minute moba format.

Hell, I'll even say that Strix is one of the only reasons I play this game instead of Overwatch. Widow can actually 1hitKO people in that game, but she's not half as fun because she can't quickscope and a number of other mechanics that make her sit in the back camping hardscoped. Strix is an amazing, amazing character, unfortunately I don't always feel like being a sniper and I vastly prefer not sniping. Heck, I even think Strix should have 100% accuracy and crosshairs while not scoped, so that he can kill things without having to hold RMB all the time. Part of why I hate playing Viktor - holding RMB down all the time just isn't fun. In Quake you hold RMB sometimes when railing, that's it.

• PC

@taikonaut

Well, I see you're using MOBA terminology, so I can only surmise your end goal here is to make Paladins more of a MOBA and less of an FPS. People love quickscoping and shooting people from across the map. It takes a lot of skill and is adrenaline inducing. It's why CSGO is so popular. We need to head more towards the skilled fast paced FPS and further away from the 40 minute moba format.

Huh? What terminology did I add that's not in Paladins? FYI, I'm not trying to change the game dynamics, you are.

Have you ever shot a scoped rifle in real life? There is no such thing as quick scoping at distance - another BS tactic. BTW, travel time is a real thing for a real life sniper.