[LORE] Champions Relationships

• PC

@BaeWulf95 said in [LORE] Champions Relationships:

@TangAce Oh, ok, ok, ok. I was rereading the Rise of Furia lore. Yeah, your right the Void is of some sentience and the Abyss is a place of sort. Man, Evil Mojo REALLY needs to expand on this because it's kind of vague when you put it all together.

yeah that's why I'm making this chart, so we have a better view of the lore

• Very nice!

Some things I'd like to add.

• Maeve was hired by someone to steal something from the Magistrate archives. This may be a singular person or a group we are not aware of yet, (or maybe even the Paladins.)
      She could also just be a "mercenary" of sorts, which does jobs for either side.

• Pip stole his gear from an alchemist and probably got hired as well.

• Evie got her powers in a illegitimate way, she is also not short of being
      considered insane so I see her working for herself rather than for Valera or maybe just siding with Valera for convinience but not being a full fledged Paladins.

• PC

@Eloxist

maeve stole more than one thing from the archives
    as said I think maeve might have given evie the grimoire
    I'll add for pip

• A very good chart, what programme did you use?
    Also, my opinions about it:

• Koga probably wants to kill Skye too, because in my opinion she was the one who started the rumors.

• I don't think that Torvald was the one who re-animated Terminus. He is an archeologist + engineer. A scientist. For reassemble Terminus I think they need some magical rituals and stuff. Different thing.

• Maybe Terminus and Inara weren't in love. Maybe a brother-sister relation. Also, Terminus didn't die at 100%, he is somewhere inside the monster.

• The argument behind the Abyss-Andro-Seris triangle isn't enough for me. Those voice lines were made before they even thought about building a story behind the game. Andro mentions the void once, but also mentions the darkness 7 times, and one of the is "I am the darkness!". But I think we are sure about that he isn't connected to the Darkness. And when Seris talks to him she might refers to an event when Andro, after the curse, went to the Abyss. Plus, when the village of Seris has blown up, where was Lex, if Andro was there? They are partners, so they deal with cop stuff together. (I think abyssal sects are illegal in the Realm, so if all of the sudden a crack to the Abyss appears, the magistrate sends its best officers, so if Andro goes, Lex goes too. )

• Absolutely personal, but I don't like the Seris-Cassie and the Zhin-Lian relations, because they take away the chance of adding new characters. And the Seris-Cassie thing isn't 99% sure, just a theory. I know, Seris is the only oracle in the game, but it is only mentioned in her title, just like the godslayer in Andro's title.

• PC

@LeslieShoemaker said in [LORE] Champions Relationships:

A very good chart, what programme did you use?
    Also, my opinions about it:

• Koga probably wants to kill Skye too, because in my opinion she was the one who started the rumors.

• I don't think that Torvald was the one who re-animated Terminus. He is an archeologist + engineer. A scientist. For reassemble Terminus I think they need some magical rituals and stuff. Different thing.

• Maybe Terminus and Inara weren't in love. Maybe a brother-sister relation. Also, Terminus didn't die at 100%, he is somewhere inside the monster.

• The argument behind the Abyss-Andro-Seris triangle isn't enough for me. Those voice lines were made before they even thought about building a story behind the game. Andro mentions the void once, but also mentions the darkness 7 times, and one of the is "I am the darkness!". But I think we are sure about that he isn't connected to the Darkness. And when Seris talks to him she might refers to an event when Andro, after the curse, went to the Abyss. Plus, when the village of Seris has blown up, where was Lex, if Andro was there? They are partners, so they deal with cop stuff together. (I think abyssal sects are illegal in the Realm, so if all of the sudden a crack to the Abyss appears, the magistrate sends its best officers, so if Andro goes, Lex goes too. )

• Absolutely personal, but I don't like the Seris-Cassie and the Zhin-Lian relations, because they take away the chance of adding new characters. And the Seris-Cassie thing isn't 99% sure, just a theory. I know, Seris is the only oracle in the game, but it is only mentioned in her title, just like the godslayer in Andro's title.

I used google drive 🙂 very convenient for updating since if I modify something then it directly modify it here

mmmhh not impossible about koga and skye but we don't know enough, what motives would she have to do that?
    Torv is using runes, I'd say he's more a scientist than engineer, barik is the engineer, I think he could totally fits in this role of one who'd do anything for science
    Inara and Terminus were a couple that is totally sure, just read voice lines^^
    about andro maybe the voice lines were made long ago but almost every voice line from the original champions were made at that time and yet they are part of the lore, and about lex, you see the man in both Furia and Io trailers? well he was there and isn't dead, so lex wouldn't die either
    then maybe andro went to the abyss after the destruction of seris

cassie seris is almost sure, plus we know seris is a vessel so she kinda is an oracle
    and zhin lian we don't know much but it's very likely

and I don't think it prevent from adding characters, I think we might see that man in red armor from Furia/Io trailers becoming a character in the future for exemple
    and they could totally create a character related to Zhin/Lian when they tell us more about this part of the lore

• @TangAce

• Skye wants to be the closest person nex to Zhin (so he can be her puppet), but he has a very tight connection with Koga, so she had to remove him.

• I don't think that Torv is that kind of a person who would reanimate Terminus in this suffering way. And he uses different kinds of magic than what is used at Terminus.

• Which voice lines do you refer? Because as I see, it doesn't say that they were a couple.

• Yes, they are part of the lore, but I don't think that the void that's mentioned by Andro is the same as the Void - also the "darkness"==with the Darkness. And we didn't see that guy was there at the sacrifice (probably had some deal with Karne). But if Lex and Andro was sent there, they would stay there at the destruction, and it is canon that noone survived it.

• Where is it said that Seris is a vessel? (Also, what is a vessel? 😅 )

• It doen't prevent it, just I think it's better to make characters who answer a lot of questions, not just add someone and say that "well, yeah, here is she, she is with Blue/Red" and give us a tons of new questions but answer almost nothing. (Io was a decent character in this case, because she might give us the origin of the crystals and the broken moon - but Atlas and the whole time trave thing was unnecessary: has only one relation, gave us nothing that we didn't know (Jenos already foreshadowed us the Darkness), but even spoiled us that the Darkness is something alien tentacle parasite, that infect people. It would be a big shock to see that at first, but now we will say that "yeah and? we knew that". Plus gave us a paradoxon. Side note ends)
      So I think taking the place from a new character with a lot of connections with the others and connecting every recent relation to known characters is bad.

• PC

@LeslieShoemaker

that guy was there, at first people even thought it was andro before the curse, we know he was there since he was the one to do the sacrifice

it's said in her lore I think, or maybe in furia's trailer, basically she is a receptacle for an entity, probably being the deity in the Abyss, Void

• @TangAce
    We see him at Abby's capture, but we don't see him at the sacrifice, only the Magistrate guards.

Seris is an interesting "topic". In the trailer it is said that the Void was hungered for a body, then the Abyss was unleashed, and everything was destroyed. And about the lore note, I don't like to say that, but that is a disaster for me. Half of it is there only to explain her abilities. The teleporting and the sou collecting are okay, but the wibly wobly timey wimey is just not. More and more paradox, and makes her op lore-vise. And the healing is not consistent with the Abyss, bevause that is the tipe of deity that kill everyone who is useless, and don't bother with healing. So if I were there, I would rewrote that part (not the origin one, that is cool).
    And for the origin: In my theory, when the Void possessed Abby, and the village was destroyed, the portal to the Abyss was closed. Everybody died there, except Seris, who woke up with full amnesia, and the first thing that she saw was the welcome table of the village (i think it was a town). She knows nothing about herself, so she wanders all over the realm. And while there is the pert of the void inside her, her body is not her puppet. She is an individual person, "made" by the void. A bit similar to Vision, who was a part of Ultron and JARVIS, but actually neither of them. So now she wanders and tries to discover her past and herself.

• @LeslieShoemaker from what I've seen Seris's definition of healing is absorbing the souls of others then storing and/or using them to repair the souls of those she wants to live. Also while her body is not a puppet she is considered the abyss's voice, how much of her memory that is intact is unknown since it was never confirmed that she has amnesia only that no one who knew her past had notably survived except Sarah who had transformed into Furia.

• PC

@FarceDawn @LeslieShoemaker

also among the short champs trailers, there is the one with cassie and seris, prob sure it's not canon but yet it add even more weight to the fact that seris helped cassie I think

• Switch

@TangAce

Wait, Seris serves (or something like this) the abyss, And furia fights the abyss, And they are sisters...

I mean, do they fight each other?

• PC

@a_a

they were sisters
    but I don't think they still are
    they aren't even humans anymore
    seris is basically a vessel while furia gave her life to the pyre, their names even changed

• watching Raum cut scenes and it suddenly hit me.
    What if the Abyss is the real enemy all along (or plot twist, Seris is the real enemy). And everyone was playing along with the will of the Abyss

So Resistance and Magistrate gonna band together to fight the Abyss Lord? I have seen enough Shounen Mangas (and Warcraft Burning Legion) going this path.

• PC

@Gao-Shun

as for now it's very likely
    although, I have talked with a dev member of the lore team
    and it might not end up like this, we don't know much but he said interesting things

also he confirmed that andro didn't kill a goddess, and was cursed by someone (am not sure the exact term) "calling herself a goddess" (something like that, he just said that basically it may be a godess and may be not)

there is also all that knaifu thingy, I'll try to update the chart soon

Moved to Lore Discussion and Pinned.