[LORE] Champions Relationships

• PC

@TangAce

Wait, Seris serves (or something like this) the abyss, And furia fights the abyss, And they are sisters...

I mean, do they fight each other?

• PC

@a_a

they were sisters
    but I don't think they still are
    they aren't even humans anymore
    seris is basically a vessel while furia gave her life to the pyre, their names even changed

• watching Raum cut scenes and it suddenly hit me.
    What if the Abyss is the real enemy all along (or plot twist, Seris is the real enemy). And everyone was playing along with the will of the Abyss

So Resistance and Magistrate gonna band together to fight the Abyss Lord? I have seen enough Shounen Mangas (and Warcraft Burning Legion) going this path.

• PC

@Gao-Shun

as for now it's very likely
    although, I have talked with a dev member of the lore team
    and it might not end up like this, we don't know much but he said interesting things

also he confirmed that andro didn't kill a goddess, and was cursed by someone (am not sure the exact term) "calling herself a goddess" (something like that, he just said that basically it may be a godess and may be not)

there is also all that knaifu thingy, I'll try to update the chart soon

Moved to Lore Discussion and Pinned.

• PC

@TangAce Well well, why ash killed terminus, they are both with the magistrate??

• PC

@a_a

terminus was fighting alongside inara for the resistance, then ash killed him, someone revived him and now he's basically a walking dead piece or rock and has to fight for the magistrate (he's just a puppet eh)

• Anyone figured out what that picture of Yggdrasil in Frozen Guard spawn room means?

PS : I think the broken moon tied with Io should be noted in lore more explicitly

• PC

@Gao-Shun

nah we don't know more about this
    there are tons of stuff I can't explain when exploring maps

like there seem to have been some huge incident in quarry, but foremans seems not to be affected
    there is that tapestry in stone keep also with some notes both in stone keep and archives
    tons of sun or moon representations in different maps, and a sort of bird often with the sun
    and the list goes on for a while, like why stone keep and archives have all these plants that seems to destroy the location, like it was attacked by something
    the statues also in stone keep are the same as the one in atlas shoulder, might be related with the pyre, at first I thought it represented one of the original paladins or the former magistrate head, but then why would it be on atlas shoulder

one thing I'm sure of, maeve stole plenty of things from the archives (and I think evie's grimoire could be one she stole), and there are things below the archives and so probably below stone keep too

• @Gao-Shun
    To be honest, I don't think any maps before Magistrate's archives has any "written" lore right now. There are only slight connections between pre-lore maps and characters/nations/races. Those symbols or objects can be anything. You can give them special role, but I don't thin EM has done it yet. Maybe later.

• PC

@LeslieShoemaker

not totally true, the jungle maps (SB JF FI) are all heavily tied to the lore even if they were one of the original maps
    so why the other maps couldnt' have some lore stuff
    I do admit that the two ice maps have nothing beside the spam rooms^^, there are some nice details like gems and stuff, but noting that could be related to any lore

• @TangAce Why are they tied to the lore?

• PC

@LeslieShoemaker
    ska drin and koa, the moon, for exemple, I think there are some other stuff to be said but I'm not totally sure about it so yeah
    like for exemple in primal court which is in the same island as jaguar falls, there are some representations of a bird sorta, I think it looks kinda like one you can see in the tapestry in stone keep

• @TangAce What's the deal with the Ska'adrins and Makoa? That moon symbol doesn't mean anything. Why is PC in an island with with JF? And to me those bird are very different. Nothing is explained what is it, why is it there, a story behind them, nothing. Even the new ones aren't fully explained.

• PC

@LeslieShoemaker

in serpent beach you can see the shattered moon, that is something, and their is a moon dial meaning the moon was important for the ska drin?

ska drin comes from this archipel, the ruins in serpent beach jaguar falls and primal court are probably from the skadrin civilization, makoa comes from frog isle apparently

yeah for now there is nothing with the birds, but it's on a tapestry so it might be important ,and weirdly enough I find birds always with sun representations

• @LeslieShoemaker said in [LORE] Champions Relationships:

@Gao-Shun
    To be honest, I don't think any maps before Magistrate's archives has any "written" lore right now. There are only slight connections between pre-lore maps and characters/nations/races. Those symbols or objects can be anything. You can give them special role, but I don't thin EM has done it yet. Maybe later.

Written Lore might not exist (yet) but I prefer looking at the scattered pieces of lore possibilities (It's kinda like in Dark Souls) scattered in maps. There are many piece of a puzzle even in old maps like Frog Isle, Frozen Guard & Ice mines

Also, The cracked moon has been around for ages, ever since Serpent Beach was changed to night mode.
    We have been speculating somesort of death star weaponry caused it and Io's lore confirmed something did happen although still not clear (there are also several red shrapnel that came down with Io-blue shrapnel- opening up possibility of other beings)

That moon symbol doesn't mean anything

Moon symbol ties with Io (Goddess of the Moon)

The map I find most devoid of hints is Shattered Desert, there is only a weird temple as the point.

• @TangAce said in [LORE] Champions Relationships:

@LeslieShoemaker

not totally true, the jungle maps (SB JF FI) are all heavily tied to the lore even if they were one of the original maps
    so why the other maps couldnt' have some lore stuff
    I do admit that the two ice maps have nothing beside the spam rooms^^, there are some nice details like gems and stuff, but noting that could be related to any lore

not my finding but the old thread in old forum, in Frozen guard you can see large icebergs in the distance, maybe that ties to Evie somewhat?

• @Gao-Shun I meant that because nothing is written, every symbols can mean anything, from a random ornament, to a emblem of someone, or a symbol from an old story. You can make whatever you want with these elements. But in the same time, the statues in Bazaar, or the sign of the Paladins/Magistrate, the pheonyx of Aico are set in stone. You can't change the meaning of them.

I don't think the moon symbols out of Bazaar or SD tie with Io at all. There are totally different nations with different folklore. Yes, they made symbols of the Moon, but that doesn't mean that they worshipped Io. You can find symbols of the Sun from the greeks to the chinese, but they didn't worshipped Ra.

Also, in Dark Souls everything is put there with purpose, after a looong time of worldbuilding. In Paladins everything is put there because it looks nice, cool or edgy (khmRaumkhm).

• PC

@LeslieShoemaker

SD is heavily linked to Io
    you can see luna near the three in the spawn
    there are things you can also see in that map with seris in shadow travel, cause it applies a tint to your screen
    you can see atlas portal and some tentacles somewhere

yaknow the lore is better made than you think, yeah for now we gotta search hidden things, but then EM sometimes confirm stuff in streams and such, something that's not written can still be official lore

and they think about lore when creating a map, stone keep or archives are very good exemples

• @TangAce I meant that only SD and Bazaar are tied to Io, the other maps where a moon-symbol is aren't. Sorry for my poor english.

When Stone Keep was made they didn't think to the lore at all. We know nothing about it. What is it, where is it, what was its purpose before it became ruined. The first map that had a slight connection with a character was Brightmarsh, but that one was just a bit. Only Archives was the first heavily lore-inspired map. They think about the lore only now, after Archives.

Honestly, I don't trust in bits said in streams, but aren't written to anywhere. To me it means that they don't care about it, but mention it in streams to make the fans happy. Maybe I would like the info, but telling it as a side-note of a side-note...blehhh. Like Nando is gay. They could confirm it by telling a story about it, and involve the info, but nope, it was like "hmpfhmpfhmpf Nando is gay (be happy with it)".
    Also I don't watch hours lon stream for one-lines, so I know nothing about these infos.