The balance of Damage champions

• PC

Champion switching is an absolute cancer, one of the reasons I prefer paladins than overwatch but it could work as a game mode instead of the whole game.

By the way looks like there are only 3 champs for you (strix, cassie and lian) and you think them are the most difficult in the game but I have to inform you that like 1/2 of the flank roster, 1/3 of the frontline and support roster and 1/4 of the damage roster are more difficult than them. Aim doesn't mean skill and importance in the meta that's a dumb statement.

You are downvoted because almost no one agree with you, everyone is free on what to do their votes and if people from Hi Rez read this they can tell which opinion is more popular just like in reddit.

• @ShogunPukin said in The balance of Damage champions:

Champion switching is an absolute cancer, one of the reasons I prefer paladins than overwatch but it could work as a game mode instead of the whole game.

By the way looks like there are only 3 champs for you (strix, cassie and lian) and you think them are the most difficult in the game but I have to inform you that like 1/2 of the flank roster, 1/3 of the frontline and support roster and 1/4 of the damage roster are more difficult than them. Aim doesn't mean skill and importance in the meta that's a dumb statement.

You are downvoted because almost no one agree with you, everyone is free on what to do their votes and if people from Hi Rez read this they can tell which opinion is more popular just like in reddit.

I don't know. TF2 and OW are both leagues more popular than Paladins and both have more casual format with champion switching and ability to exit the match. TF2 even has unlimited number of champions per team ie more than one person can play Soldier. I think both of those would do Paladins a great service by making the game more relaxed, accessible, and less rigidly structured. What is it you hate about champion switching? I'm assuming this is based off Overwatch as I haven't met anyone who complains about the lack of restriction in TF2.

It's not necessarily that the champs I'm talking about are the most difficult, it's that by and large they don't have the same crutches other champions do. Evie and Maeve have crazy mobility. Koga, Zhin, and Moji have invulnerability. BK barely has to aim to do huge amounts of damage with his mid air detonations. The entire frontline class is just insanely overpowered.

• Look honestly, you can't really trust the commonfolk here and everywhere about what is OP and what is not.
    Don't trust me, either... I am a tank who also plays chad supports and tyra as a frontline counter with area denial damage. I don't try to get myself killed. If I die in less the 2s to 1 foe I get a bit annoyed though, but is't rare.
    Opinions are divided on player skill, experience, mentallity and how bad that player was crushed into the dirt by it previously.

People call characters OP too quickly here, its more of just a vent of frustration if anything.
    Unless they seriously touch upon the dynamics, try to explain why it is Strong relative to characters of the same class, you don't get much out of it otherwise.
    This is how I feel about Atlas and everyone saying he is too strong, personally I find him a good average, people rave about his features, but I personally do not think they are all that powerful compared to some features other champs in his category have.

Thus I have my opinions on Strix, without actually hating to fight him as much as everyone here seems to hate hearing about him existing. I just think secure hitscan is strong and does not need to be above average damage to have a definitive impact with that hit security vs squishies.

But as I said I am a tank... I like to brawl with my foes.
    I dislike math like 1200 + 1200.. it is too easy.

• @taikonaut said in The balance of Damage champions:

@ShogunPukin said in The balance of Damage champions:

I don't know. TF2 and OW are both leagues more popular than Paladins and both have more casual format with champion switching and ability to exit the match. TF2 even has unlimited number of champions per team ie more than one person can play Soldier. I think both of those would do Paladins a great service by making the game more relaxed, accessible, and less rigidly structured. What is it you hate about champion switching? I'm assuming this is based off Overwatch as I haven't met anyone who complains about the lack of restriction in TF2.

Being able to have 2 characters playing the same champ would be 10x OP and busted. Imagine 5 skye players in one team for example, tanks and supports would just be insta-gibbed, illuminate wouldnt mean anything at that point and even 2 skye players in one team is enough to break the balance in a team fight without using debilitate. Thats one example of a 2 mirror champs that could melt out most comps. There are other examples of 2 mirror picked champs like 2 yings in one team with both of them using Resonance, 2 torvalds shielding 2 teammates at a time, 2 jenos players boosting 4 players the entire game, 2 tyra players spamming F and revealing 4/5 of the entire team etc.
    EDIT: champion switching is a bad idea cuz when a player buys an item to counter Skye for example, and the skye player switches to something that doesnt use stealth, that would make the players items useless later on so im not fond of this idea.

• @AYYDIMITRI said in The balance of Damage champions:

Look honestly, you can't really trust the commonfolk here and everywhere about what is OP and what is not.
    Don't trust me, either... I am a tank who also plays chad supports and tyra as a frontline counter with area denial damage. I don't try to get myself killed. If I die in less the 2s to 1 foe I get a bit annoyed though, but is't rare.
    Opinions are divided on player skill, experience, mentallity and how bad that player was crushed into the dirt by it previously.

People call characters OP too quickly here, its more of just a vent of frustration if anything.
    Unless they seriously touch upon the dynamics, try to explain why it is Strong relative to characters of the same class, you don't get much out of it otherwise.
    This is how I feel about Atlas and everyone saying he is too strong, personally I find him a good average, people rave about his features, but I personally do not think they are all that powerful compared to some features other champs in his category have.

Thus I have my opinions on Strix, without actually hating to fight him as much as everyone here seems to hate hearing about him existing. I just think secure hitscan is strong and does not need to be above average damage to have a definitive impact with that hit security vs squishies.

But as I said I am a tank... I like to brawl with my foes.
    I dislike math like 1200 + 1200.. it is too easy.

Well, for Atlas's case most players aren't very good with him, but in the wrong hands he becomes a nightmare. He can accurately snipe for over 1000 damage from across the map, he has a giant wall, he can rewind you, and he can rewind himself. I used to not ban him, but one bad experience vs a PPL player Atlas was enough that I always ban him now. Most players just have no idea how to make use of his incredibly powerful kit, or don't have the aim to make his sniper ability count. Just his sniper ability alone is a big part of it. If you have good aim, he's a frontline that's also a sniper. I definitely think the entire frontline class is busted though, which is why everyone always first picks two of them when playing competitive. And that isn't helped by the fact that it's a much less popular class than damage, so it becoming so ubiquitous is just bad game design.

As for Strix well, I think if we had more characters as powerful as Strix it wouldn't be so glaring. The basic thing about Strix is it's all about aiming ability. Other champions have tons of escapes, invulnerabilities, easy damage but for Strix it's almost entirely his ability to kill things using his aim before they can kill him. That's why I like him so much. We could use more Strixes in this game so he wouldn't stick out like such a sore thumb.

@SNIper-poTAto said in The balance of Damage champions:

@taikonaut said in The balance of Damage champions:

@ShogunPukin said in The balance of Damage champions:

Being able to have 2 characters playing the same champ would be 10x OP and busted. Imagine 5 skye players in one team for example, tanks and supports would just be insta-gibbed, illuminate wouldnt mean anything at that point and even 2 skye players in one team is enough to break the balance in a team fight without using debilitate. Thats one example of a 2 mirror champs that could melt out most comps. There are other examples of 2 mirror picked champs like 2 yings in one team with both of them using Resonance, 2 torvalds shielding 2 teammates at a time, 2 jenos players boosting 4 players the entire game, 2 tyra players spamming F and revealing 4/5 of the entire team etc.
    EDIT: champion switching is a bad idea cuz when a player buys an item to counter Skye for example, and the skye player switches to something that doesnt use stealth, that would make the players items useless later on so im not fond of this idea.

Yeah, obviously items and loadouts would be among the first casualties of champion switching, but I don't think that's such a huge problem if you rebalance the gameplay so that they aren't necessary. Skye is definitely one of my least favorite champions, as I don't think invisibility is at all fun to fight against. Can you imagine how awful Counter Strike would be if players could become invisible? It'd totally ruin the game. I feel like Skye, the Spy, and Sombra were made to be able to go invisible for the sake of creativitiy, rather than good gameplay design. Plenty of other champions would have to be reworked for this to work, but I think it'd be worth it, honestly I have my hopes up more for Paladins 2 with a lot of the changes I'm talking about and good hitboxes at this point than I do for Paladins itself.

• @taikonaut said in The balance of Damage champions:

Okay, we are in agreement as to Strix's status as being better than other champions. But look at his winrate. It's the 4th lowest damage with a winrate of 44%. T

better to check winrate by elo.

so it'll filter out the ones who aren't good

• PC

@Zeebuoy said in The balance of Damage champions:

@taikonaut said in The balance of Damage champions:

Okay, we are in agreement as to Strix's status as being better than other champions. But look at his winrate. It's the 4th lowest damage with a winrate of 44%. T

better to check winrate by elo.

so it'll filter out the ones who aren't good

Even then, that's not always the most accurate measurement either.

• PC

I read cassie lian and strix below average to terrible winrates
    'igh, I'm gonna head out, have fun talking sense into this one

• What makes Strix such a great champion is that, although it's incredibly hard to execute, the window of opportunity is almost always there. You can almost always carry with Strix as long as you land your shots. Meanwhile Cassie and Lian feel more like a strategy game where, just like Strix, you mainly hang back poking away and occasionally get aggressive, but unlike Strix you don't have nearly as much poke damage.

• @ShogunPukin
    Agreed. Bomb King is hell against Lex and Kugo due to their weird movement (mostly Kugo) and for some reason Lex's hitbox just doesn't like Bomb King's sticky bombs. Lex's hitbox is strangely streamlined compared to some other champions, at least it seems that way, and idk why.

• PC

god I forgot about that thread lmao, I'm still laughing at strix terrible winrate :')

if you guys didn't see, he went through in one game during pwc, got first picked on brightmarsh the worst map for snipers, well ended up 4-0 and the fastest game during the entire pwc if I'm not mistaken, but yeah surely strix sucks :')

• @TangAce said in The balance of Damage champions:

god I forgot about that thread lmao, I'm still laughing at strix terrible winrate :')

if you guys didn't see, he went through in one game during pwc, got first picked on brightmarsh the worst map for snipers, well ended up 4-0 and the fastest game during the entire pwc if I'm not mistaken, but yeah surely strix sucks :')

In 8 out of 10 casual games there is at least one Strix. They gotta nerf him ASAP.

• PC

@schachmaty

not they shouldn't nerf him, they should send him back to oblivion and erase it from the universe 🙂 as well as ban for 6 month everyone who played more than 30% of strix in the last 4 months

• PC

@TangAce said in The balance of Damage champions:

@schachmaty

not they shouldn't nerf him, they should send him back to oblivion and erase it from the universe 🙂 as well as ban for 6 month everyone who played more than 30% of strix in the last 4 months

lmao