Do you think Cassie's animation cancelling on Q is a bug, or a feature?

• PC

Pip used to be able to burst rmb and a shot in the same millisecond, but they fixed that bug.
    The developers never thought about fixing Cassie's animation cancelling though, and it has been ages. It is the exact same thing that makes her OP.
    What do you think?

• PC

@EinMeister said in Do you think Cassie's animation cancelling on Q is a bug, or a feature?:

Pip used to be able to burst rmb and a shot in the same millisecond, but they fixed that bug.
    The developers never thought about fixing Cassie's animation cancelling though, and it has been ages. It is the exact same thing that makes her OP.
    What do you think?

hum what cancelling? it doesn't cancel, just doesn't count as a shot, always was like this, however I agree it should have some delay because of how strong it is

• PC

@TangAce Would you like Sha Lin to shot a full charged RMB shot a millisecond after a normal one?
    What about flank pip bursting 2000 dmg in a second?

• @EinMeister Sha Lins lmb is a bad example because it isnt click and fire, it's a charge up, so even if his right click was a separate firing animation and not a toggle activation, youd still end up firing only a noodle arrow for little damage almost immediately. However you can't animation cancel toggle abilities afaik. Your Pip example is more valid.

Onto the main point, Cassies Q is not animation cancellable. It can be chained after a single left click, almost like firing 680+350 together, which i believe is the burst you are referring to, in this case the lmb is animation cancellable. Cassie's Disengage however is animation cancellable and you can chain either another lmb or a Q onto it. So you can do something like lmb disengage lmb blast shot. Ofc the disengage usually leaves them airborne long enough to fire another lmb after the blast shot connects with that combo, allowing for insane damage against someone who cant immediately use an ability to get out of the disengage knockback or prevent the damge via shield, barrier, reversal or ice block. Either way you aren't far off in calling Cassie's burst capability unfair. It has made her insanely strong for a very long time. Most of this damage capability exists because Cassie lacks a damaging ult which is a statement the devs made a while back. I agree the blast shot should not be chainable. If anything it should only be this way when using the impulse talent. Which would give it even more of an identity to differentiate the benefits of impulse vs big game.

• PC

@EinMeister said in Do you think Cassie's animation cancelling on Q is a bug, or a feature?:

@TangAce Would you like Sha Lin to shot a full charged RMB shot a millisecond after a normal one?
    What about flank pip bursting 2000 dmg in a second?

just saying it was designed as it is
    I'd like to have that delay on blast so it's less bursty

• If its a bug its happening everywhere else, i've had evie (iceblock) androxus (jazz hands) go invincible then insta shoot out of it i.e they don't die YOU do, hell you can't even put a scratch on them. Its not even an exploit its practically cheating
    ME: "bam bam yes i'm winning"
    Androxus: "jazz hands up (cant' die)/shoot all in one move" YOU'RE DEAD

i've disappear for years, haven't played this in years, went to OW cameback and the same old crap is not patched, OW is constantly evolving, perfect? not by a long shot but they release constant patches trying to nerf/buff characters remove abilities if needed, they are TRYING to make things work, here? they can't even get microphones to work

Pls don't necro.

Closed.