October Rage Thread

• PC

@marantzz said in October Rage Thread:

@DaddyOoker said in October Rage Thread:

None of my teams had Willo or Strix

Lately the more strix I see, the less will to play I have lol

@TangAce said in October Rage Thread:

seems like some people can't help themselves and downvote your every posts just cause they disagree with you on something -.- I've come to even wonder how I'm keeping up above 40 reputation^^' thanks to every of those who actually upvote me

thanks paladins community, very mature, absolutely not toxic, and totally civilized

Sigh, problems of having an anonymous downvoting system...

I don't mind Strix as much as Willo. I can avoid being sniped mostly. It's Willo's deadzone and blastflower together. It's just too much.

• PC

@Dusklicious said in October Rage Thread:

seems like some people can't help themselves and downvote your every posts just cause they disagree with you on something -.- I've come to even wonder how I'm keeping up above 40 reputation^^' thanks to every of those who actually upvote me

thanks paladins community, very mature, absolutely not toxic, and totally civilized 🙂

Hey, there's a TangAce post .... 👎 👎 👎 👎 👎

🙂

One that would deserve that treatment.

EDIT: Also what he's been talking about started happening to my posts, ironically starting around the time he posted that... 🤔

What he said does happen. Someone gets a bug up their butt over something and goes around down voting a person's every single post for no other reason. The reputation means little anyway. A person may not like what another has to say - so what.

IDK if this is possible but maybe they could change the forum so only the original post can be up/down voted.

I'm on other forums, and on a lot of those for stuff like this they actually totally disabled downvoting. As in, made it impossible to downvote posts. They could still be reported and quoted and stuff like that, but the only vote would be up.

• PC

@marantzz
    @DaddyOoker
    oh well I know who are the 2 players doing this so eh^^ even tho it's anonymous it's easy enough to guess who would do that

• PC

thanks paladins community, very mature, absolutely not toxic, and totally civilized 🙂

Hey, there's a TangAce post .... 👎 👎 👎 👎 👎

🙂

One that would deserve that treatment.

EDIT: Also what he's been talking about started happening to my posts, ironically starting around the time he posted that... 🤔

What he said does happen. Someone gets a bug up their butt over something and goes around down voting a person's every single post for no other reason. The reputation means little anyway. A person may not like what another has to say - so what.

IDK if this is possible but maybe they could change the forum so only the original post can be up/down voted.

I'm on other forums, and on a lot of those for stuff like this they actually totally disabled downvoting. As in, made it impossible to downvote posts. They could still be reported and quoted and stuff like that, but the only vote would be up.

That would be fine for replies but I think the OP should be able to be down voted. I mean, if someone makes a suggestion it gives an overall idea of it's possible acceptance.

• PC

@marantzz
    @DaddyOoker
    oh well I know who are the 2 players doing this so eh^^ even tho it's anonymous it's easy enough to guess who would do that

I wouldn't mind it being public if that would actually make a difference.

• PC

Sigh, problems of having an anonymous downvoting system...

I already know the poster who's doing it in my case too, and of course I won't say names. And I'm pretty sure the same person downvoted my Barik guide on Guru, but there isn't anything to back that idea other than the suspicion they did it.

• PC

I don't mind Strix as much as Willo. I can avoid being sniped mostly. It's Willo's deadzone and blastflower together. It's just too much.

I'm a little biased because I main willo and I want her to be happy. As long as they don't unbuff her mobility I am fine, I just want her to fly, but yeah, deadzone + seedlings + big aoe weapon is a really strong combo and even if she was always annoying it's more common to see her lately so it's even more annoying

I hate strix as much as I could, though. Not being able to breathe when he's on the enemy team hurts

@Dusklicious I already know who's doing it in my case too.

I remember when this forum was new and I opened a thread about downvoting being anonymous and it got downvoted, sweet irony. Mods told me that if it was public it would create a bad atmosphere but if you guys all know who's doing it already... I don't know, some people instead of wisely using the downvote they just spam it because they don't like the person or because that person didn't agree with them so they are triggered, and that's not how to use it at all

• PC

I'm a little biased because I main willo and I want her to be happy. As long as they don't unbuff her mobility I am fine, I just want her to fly, but yeah, deadzone + seedlings + big aoe weapon is a really strong combo and even if she was always annoying it's more common to see her lately so it's even more annoying

I hate strix as much as I could, though. Not being able to breathe when he's on the enemy team hurts

I remember when this forum was new and I opened a thread about downvoting being anonymous and it got downvoted, sweet irony. Mods told me that if it was public it would create a bad atmosphere but if you guys all know who's doing it already... I don't know, some people instead of wisely using the downvote they just spam it because they don't like the person or because that person didn't agree with them so they are triggered, and that's not how to use it at all

People don't know squat without actual evidence.

I understand the mod's viewpoint but people will start accusing others and create the same sort of thing eventually. Appears to already be happening...

• PC

People don't know squat without actual evidence.

I understand the mod's viewpoint but people will start accusing others and create the same sort of thing eventually. Appears to already be happening...

Oh but I do have evidence. But I won't come forth with it, for multiple good reasons.

• PC

@Dusklicious

Unless you got info from a mod you have nothing of the sort. Sure, you can guess based on who's online at the time and narrow it down to those people but if you haven't noticed I have my visibility turned off so I don't appear online ever.

Does that mean I'm the rogue down voter? Oh brother.

• PC

@Dusklicious

Unless you got info from a mod you have nothing of the sort. Sure, you can guess based on who's online at the time and narrow it down to those people but if you haven't noticed I have my visibility turned off so I don't appear online ever.

I have evidence of a more circumstantial nature, but it adds up to an obvious picture.

I know it isn't you, but I can't say much more than that.

• PC

@Dusklicious

I agree with you signature hashs

• PC

@a_a said in October Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious

I agree with you signature hashs

Yeah it's been rough on Kinessa and Buck for a while now. And KotH is legit a worse Onslaught.

• PC

@Dusklicious

I have evidence of a more circumstantial nature, but it adds up to an obvious picture.

I know it isn't you, but I can't say much more than that.

I wasn't asking for confirmation of what I already know or to get a name out. I was trying to show the danger of making assumptions based on what you are calling circumstantial evidence.

• PC

I don't think Willo's mobility should be nerfed either but something needs to be done. Either nerf deadzone or blastflower - possibly both.

• PC

@DaddyOoker as a former willo main, if deadzone gets nerfed it needs to be in % healing reduction not in duration of either the skill or the residual effect after leaving the zone (especially the second) she has already a weak zoning skill in seedling lets not make them 2. I dont think blastflower derserves a nerf, its pretty much her aoe the current issue.

• PC

@ShogunPukin said in October Rage Thread:

@DaddyOoker as a former willo main, if deadzone gets nerfed it needs to be in % healing reduction not in duration of either the skill or the residual effect after leaving the zone (especially the second) she has already a weak zoning skill in seedling lets not make them 2. I dont think blastflower derserves a nerf, its pretty much her aoe the current issue.

This and nerf the mobility on Flutter. It's stupid right now. It literally makes her the most mobile DPS in the game, and that came out of Jay Flare's mouth first.

• PC

Deadzone would probably need to be like 80% or even lower to be OK if the duration and residual were left in tact. KicsitCsicska created a thread here: https://forums.hirezstudios.com/paladins/topic/1018/ban-meta (It's 28 days old so get your comments in before you get hit with a necro.) Anyway, it suggested a 1s duration nerf and also Blast Flower stack duration nerf to 3s. One idea I offered was to split the Deadzone nerf between the duration and residual - knock half a second off both.

• PC

@Dusklicious I think thats enough, lets not have another androxus case that went from strong to weak in some patches

@DaddyOoker Blastflower stack is fine, her problem is that with her aoe she stacks it too easy. This stack talent is less cancer than burst champs with the proper aoe you can outplay her. By duration nerf you mean the time that deadzone last or the time that you still cant get healed after leaving deadzone? Because if its the second that would kill her.

• PC

@Dusklicious I think thats enough, lets not have another androxus case that went from strong to weak in some patches

It doesn't have to be by all that much. Just because it would be a nerf, doesn't mean it would be a big nerf. They buffed it a lot when they did buff it, anyways so there's a lot of room for a small nerf to it.