October Rage Thread

• raging since people put more posts to rage thread instead of happy. Lmao

• PC

@AzrielM Same I am thinking About

• PC

Raum is GOING TO BE WAY TOO BROKEN OMG

• PC

@Dusklicious

No Strix change. Bummer, I would like to at least see the pistol nerfed.

Did you see the coming buff for Dredge's ult? Rut row...

Atlas Second Chance getting hit with cripples. I never would have guessed that change as the solution.

Willo getting hit with a double nerf - hmmm.

Cassie's ult nerfed. Why? Not that I see it as a big deal but in some cases it could be.

Visual effects can get stuck on your character model:
    I've seen a fair amount of these. I posted one of Androxus' Reversal in the September rage thread. I can't imagine it's tough to reproduce these - Die during an effect the effect stays. Grover simply has to die and the green healing ring stays there confusing allies - see pic - Obvious that Grover is dead yet the healing ring is still showing.

grover.jpg

• PC

@DaddyOoker said in October Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious

No Strix change. Bummer, I would like to at least see the pistol nerfed.

Did you see the coming buff for Dredge's ult? Rut row...

Atlas Second Chance getting hit with cripples. I never would have guessed that change as the solution.

Willo getting hit with a double nerf - hmmm.

Cassie's ult nerfed. Why? Not that I see it as a big deal but in some cases it could be.

Visual effects can get stuck on your character model:
    I've seen a fair amount of these. I posted one of Androxus' Reversal in the September rage thread. I can't imagine it's tough to reproduce these - Die during an effect the effect stays. Grover simply has to die and the green healing ring stays there confusing allies - see pic - Obvious that Grover is dead yet the healing ring is still showing.

grover.jpg

Yeah I think he needs some sort of nerf to his damage output.

The Dredge buff is more than necessary. His ult is downright terrible in its state on live.

Second Chance did need a nerf, but this nerf is the wrong way to do it.

Willo needed that double nerf. She was far too strong after her buffs. The nerf is a bit hard but more than justified

Cassie needed a DPS nerf not an ult nerf. The ult is legit the weakest part of her kit before the nerf and after it's just a mediocre at best ult.

The new UI changes look absolutely awful... Selection menus take up the entire screen again and it's just looks so atrocious. They just should keep it how it is on live. I like it the way it is. The change, I don't like at all.

That whole last paragraph and I also don't like the Terminus nerf with his ult "fix". Yep, you heard right. TERMINUS. IS. GETTING. NERFED.

• PC

@Dusklicious

I guess the scrolling champions got too many complaints. I'll have to get used to it all over again. I think showing all the chests at once is better than the left-right scrolling one at a time.

They aren't fixing any of the visual effect issues from what I read. Under investigation - scoff.

• PC

@Dusklicious

I guess the scrolling champions got too many complaints. I'll have to get used to it all over again. I think showing all the chests at once is better than the left-right scrolling one at a time.

They aren't fixing any of the visual effect issues from what I read. Under investigation - scoff.

I don't really agree with your opinion on the chests. I'd rather do it the way it is now where you scroll to a chest and pick a chest that way. It takes up far less unnecessary space that way, and it's very possible to pick the wrong chest with the new format. It's the new adjustments to the champions screen though that I have the biggest problem with.

These are probably absurdly easy things to fix, but nope, got to fix bugs that legitimately nobody has encountered once.

• PC

@Dusklicious said in October Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious

I don't really agree with your opinion on the chests. I'd rather do it the way it is now where you scroll to a chest and pick a chest that way. It takes up far less unnecessary space that way, and it's very possible to pick the wrong chest with the new format. It's the new adjustments to the champions screen though that I have the biggest problem with.

These are probably absurdly easy things to fix, but nope, got to fix bugs that legitimately nobody has encountered once.

With the new scheme you can see all the unopened chests without having to clown around. I've missed one on ocassion because I didn't scroll them. Either way, it's not like there are 50 you have to scroll thru - a nothing change, TBH.

UI indicator for Terminus' ultimate explosion radius has been added - that's all I see for Terminus. What's the nerf?

• PC

@Dusklicious

With the new scheme you can see all the unopened chests without having to clown around. I've missed one on ocassion because I didn't scroll them. Either way, it's not like there are 50 you have to scroll thru - a nothing change, TBH.

UI indicator for Terminus' ultimate explosion radius has been added - that's all I see for Terminus. What's the nerf?

That is the nerf... It makes it even easier to avoid his ult than it already is.

• PC

@Dusklicious

That is the nerf... It makes it even easier to avoid his ult than it already is.

I misunderstood who was going to see the indicator.

It will be like the Skye Bomb indicator? If that's the case then I think that's fair.

• PC

@Dusklicious

It will be like the Skye Bomb indicator? If that's the case then I think that's fair.

It would be fair, if they also buffed him in the process of giving him that considering how mediocre he is at the moment with all of his bugs and his lack of range.

• PC

@Dusklicious

It would be fair, if they also buffed him in the process of giving him that considering how mediocre he is at the moment with all of his bugs and his lack of range.

They shouldn't buff to compensate for bugs - fix the bugs first then evaluate.

What's wrong with the range? He can jump onto targets, the ax range isn't that bad and calamity blast is fine.

• PC

@Dusklicious

What's wrong with the range? He can jump onto targets, the ax range isn't that bad and calamity blast is fine.

He literally does most of his damage at very short range... his only source of damage at ranges past that is his calamity blast which is actually kind of a joke at the base numbers. It literally does 250 a hit at base, on a 2 second cooldown. Without charges that's literally 125 DPS.

That jump has a 15 second cooldown (and also leaves him vuilnerable if he uses it) also, so saying that "He can jump onto targets" without a caveat is beyond misleading.

At his range he does have significant burst potential, though. Aside from that, there's not much to make up for those major shortcomings.

• PC

@Dusklicious

He literally does most of his damage at very short range... his only source of damage at ranges past that is his calamity blast which is actually kind of a joke at the base numbers. It literally does 250 a hit at base, on a 2 second cooldown. Without charges that's literally 125 DPS.

That jump has a 15 second cooldown (and also leaves him vuilnerable if he uses it) also, so saying that "He can jump onto targets" without a caveat is beyond misleading.

At his range he does have significant burst potential, though. Aside from that, there's not much to make up for those major shortcomings.

True calamity blast is garbage at base. However, Decimation makes it pretty good.

There is the DR card (Unfeeling) for the jump as well as CD reduction card (It Waits). It can work if you want to jump around more. Really Terminus has quite a bit of flexibility thru the cards.

You need to have builds for various scenarios is all.

• PC

@Dusklicious

True calamity blast is garbage at base. However, Decimation makes it pretty good.

There is the DR card (Unfeeling) for the jump as well as CD reduction card (It Waits). It can work if you want to jump around more. Really Terminus has quite a bit of flexibility thru the cards.

You need to have builds for various scenarios is all.

It makes it potentially decent with the right cards, yes, but the fact you have to have a talent and several card point investments to make it decent should be more than concerning.

But that also applies to more, better mobility abilities like Ash's dash has these sorts of cards, Barik's Rocket boots do, Khan's dash does... I could go on. The fact you need specific cards to make abilities half decent is a problem.

Most other characters can just do that all better than Terminus can at the moment, It's a big part of the reason he's a pretty mediocre tank at the moment. That and the bugs. Frankly the only things that are savng him from being bad are his burst and his Power Siphon.

• PC

Terminus can have all kind of builds but he is so reliant on cards to the point that no matter what he will have a good amount of weakness, for example if you try a decimation build focused on charges you get way weaker 1vs 1, if you try a defensive build with good dr you get no range and 0 pressence on their backlane... he needs a buff on his base kit (and maybe nerf cards!

• PC

@ShogunPukin said in October Rage Thread:

Terminus can have all kind of builds but he is so reliant on cards to the point that no matter what he will have a good amount of weakness, for example if you try a decimation build focused on charges you get way weaker 1vs 1, if you try a defensive build with good dr you get no range and 0 pressence on their backlane... he needs a buff on his base kit (and maybe nerf cards!

I agree with all of this until suggesting to nerf his cards. Other tanks have plenty of cards as good as Terminus', if not even better. He's just too weak, particularly in comparison to the rest of the front line role, right now to warrant nerfing in any real way.

• PC

@Dusklicious I explained badly. I dont mean nerfing his cards right away, I mean that if hes overturned after his base kit buff then they can nerf his cards thats why the maybe

• PC

@ShogunPukin said in October Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious I explained badly. I dont mean nerfing his cards right away, I mean that if hes overturned after his base kit buff then they can nerf his cards thats why the maybe

Fine. But I also forgot to mention Raum and how he factors into the equation. Raum will more than likely kill the viability of Terminus, and will further put Ruckus into the ground.

• PC

@Dusklicious On paper he looks strong but lets see him in action first, he's maybe receiving nerfs right away if he ends too strong. Ruckus is the only tank (not counting torvald) that I have to learn, Im lazy because he doesnt feel rewarding in any comp not even in triple tank. He deserves some buffs as well