October Happy Thread

• PC

@TTraw said in October Happy Thread:

@Dusklicious I still don't understand why are you not running Healing Station with a talent that reduces CD of your healing stations by 3s

The way that the turrets will end up being used in an Architectonics build (more offensively, in a way that makes them take more damage) makes the healing beyond negligible, plus I would have to get rid of better cards. It works for Tinkerin because the more passive long range style of play works better for it, but Architectonics doesn't nearly have Tinkerin's capabilities at range (where it's less likely the healing will be cauted, because it is affected by Cauterize).

Seems like it would be common sense to run it, but in reality it doesn't really work with the build. It's like running something like Life Unlived on Atlas running a Fissure build for example. The card is quite terrible on its own, yes, but it also doesn't really fit the use of the talent.

• @Dusklicious this is not always true. Barik is a point tank so he should take damage and caut more than other people on his team. Besides, he has a shield that allows strip the caut when needed. So I think it's super powerful. It's 3 s cd off so it's upto 675 more healing in total.

By the way, did they nerf his turret deploy speed card? I swear it was 0.7/lvl before..

• PC

https://paladins.guru/match/censored/5XH6doddo

I out damaged Barik as Seris (On my third drink BTW)? Even with that Dredge PITA we win. Not complaining, he did good.

• PC

@TTraw said in October Happy Thread:

@Dusklicious this is not always true. Barik is a point tank so he should take damage and caut more than other people on his team. Besides, he has a shield that allows strip the caut when needed. So I think it's super powerful. It's 3 s cd off so it's upto 675 more healing in total.

By the way, did they nerf his turret deploy speed card? I swear it was 0.7/lvl before..

He does, but the shield cannot move, meaning the only way to cancel Caut coming at you would be to be constantly on the other side of the shield from the damage which is beyond unrealistic (so you'd still get hit with Caut quite consistently). If the healing was better and Caut got nerfed (I think it should be nerfed but also stack, because it doesn't...) I would think about maybe using it in an Architectonics build. I mean if Fortify would get buffed (because it's pretty $#!+) that would be NICE too... 😑

But I definitely can't part with anything like One Man's Treasure, and aside from that the only real options to get rid of would be Bowling Ball and Failsafe (The former is generally a better card overall and the latter is basically necessary to make the former viable). The other two are absolutely 100% necessary for the build to work.

• PC

I love how its an unspoken rule that if you show 3 supports in casual the team end up being 5 supports.
    Funniest composition change my mind.

• PC

@ShogunPukin said in October Happy Thread:

I love how its an unspoken rule that if you show 3 supports in casual the team end up being 5 supports.
    Funniest composition change my mind.

I was in a comp like that a few times and it was pretty interesting... 😆

Hey, you could have a Damage Grohk, a Damage Pip, an Io, a Furia, and a Deep Roots Grover... That could maybe work interestingly well... 🤔

• PC

@Dusklicious this time it was stun damba (me), stun furia, io, grohk (ult spam) and seris (soul collector) we destroyed them 4-0

• PC

@ShogunPukin said in October Happy Thread:

@Dusklicious this time it was stun damba (me), stun furia, io, grohk (ult spam) and seris (soul collector) we destroyed them 4-0

🤣

• PC

I am so damn happy, my concept Cynthia placed third in the community contest on the subreddit
    yay 🙂

• Thanks to everyone who said Happy Birthday to me!

@Lukash369 @Borvik @a_a

• PC

@AzrielM my pleasure

• PC

I heard that Hi-Rez is actually underway on a mini-rework to Torvald that makes him into a point tank again. The few details I've heard make it sound like a very interesting idea. 🙂 Not like I envisioned, but very interesting nonetheless. I came up with a concept for what it could look like (shameless self-promotion on this one)

• @Dusklicious said in October Happy Thread:

I heard that Hi-Rez is actually underway on a mini-rework to Torvald that makes him into a point tank again.

ooh, where did u hear it from?

• PC

• @Dusklicious thank u too

• PC

Well, I got my first ranked loss in a while that wasn't because of stupid feeders... Yeah we had a $#!+ Moji with 19 deaths, but it was a rather close match (3-4, and we had 35% on the objective). The round before we lost it was literally 99-99 after I stalled the objective.

I also got ulted by their Khan 5 times (and died only 4 of them), but I got a couple of clutch kills on him, one of them where I legit killed him by Shoulder Bashing his shield (I was playing Ash). The other team was good, our team aside from Moji was generally playing well (though the Strix that didn't really quite do as much damage as he should have was a bit whiny about their Khan getting in the backline, even though I was 1v1ing him for like half of the match, while the other half I was flanking their Ying or their Tyra or trying to secure the objective because our Barik wasn't the best or the brightest).

EDIT: Finally got the ranked winstreak I deserve. But it was lost in a 3v5. I would say 2v5 but somehow I got top damage legitimately just not focusing at all and playing like the most Bronze Inara known to man. 😆 I just didn't care how that match went at all. I don't think anyone on my team was legitimately trying because we lost to new players... 🤣 And our Seris maxed out Blast Shields into a Triple DPS comp with a Viktor, a Talus, and a Kinessa! That was a lot of stupid fun, just not giving a $#!+.

• PC

Ruckus writes after a bot match "I hope I never meet you again" What does this mean? Not sure who he was saying it to either.

lian.png

I've come to the conclusion that I suck with Evie.

20191026095128_1.jpg

• PC

Sooo I changed my profile picture to suit the halloween, DDD is ready for spook 🎃