October Happy Thread

• PC

@Gao-Shun said in October Happy Thread:

@DaddyOoker said in October Happy Thread:

@Gao-Shun said in October Happy Thread:

@DaddyOoker said in October Happy Thread:

https://paladins.guru/match/censored/QVHQ7vv8B (I'm the winning IO)

I guess MM expected Cassie to carry that. Anyway, Look at the enemy IO - not the part that she sucked and/or went bot but the loadout. 40% speed buff when healing? Does anyone think that's a good idea?

Personally I think it's a great idea.
    I use that in my build too and it works extremely well with Terminus, Inara, all flanks (especially Maeve), and some mobile DD like Cassie, Lian, and Viktor

I prefer this build tho
    Broken Diety 4, Swift arrows 5, crescent 3, protectors 2, moonwalk 1.
    Keep Luna next to you as much as possible.

Really? A while back I had played as Cassie(Exaction) on my son's account and didn't pay attention to the loadout. I'm like why can't I hit the shots after roll. I later found out he had the Intense Training card at L2 - that's just 20%. I can't believe that allies (like Cassie) wouldn't have an issue with the speed changing by 40% or in your case 50% whenever they get healed. Plus you don't know when it's going to be applied. Worse is if they have their own speed buff cards and you add even more. I could see it being useful for fronts though.

Max is 40%. With Nimble and other speed buff is 60% something max I think. So far no one complained. And some praised me.
    Have your son play Cassie, and you boost speed, and ask how he thinks. I think best is to apply on Maeve, Inara, Terminus.

Oops, you're right. I thought that IO had that at L4. I can't say I want to give up any of my cards in my loadouts for that though.

Well my son quit Paladins for now. He's become interested in Raum so maybe he'll come back. Anyway, he'd probably like it. He's a lot younger than I am so he can handle the speed buffs better.

• PC

Well, Hi-Rez FINALLY got back to us on the PTS. They say they hope it will be up by the end of the day. At least it's something and I'm happy about that. Nonetheless, this took way too long to come out and it really doesn't help my perception of their transparency (it's sometimes a bit lacking...). I put it in the Happy Thread though, because it's a hope to hold on to that we'll FINALLY get to really play Raum and test out everything else the PTS has to offer very soon.

From what I hear from Jay Flare, it will be an ABSOLUTE BLAST that will be worth the wait. 🙂

https://twitter.com/PaladinsOps/status/1183774551416680450

EDIT: It's supposedly up and running according to them. I'm trying to log-in now. I am giving it a bit of time, but I'll see if it works, or the issues are still present and Hi-Rez are totally full of it. It's looking like the latter, unfortunately. 😑

• PC

@Dusklicious Awesome but still no work.

20191014201208_1.jpg

• PC

To anyone that says Architectonics Barik isn't good, here's a result that very much says otherwise:

Architectonics is Good.png

By the way, this was an 8 minute competitive match before anyone says anything. You can look it up for yourselves.

• PC

@Dusklicious

I'll keep saying archi is bad, if it was good maybe you could rank up and stop playing with golds/silvers...
    then on this game, your team has rank, lvl and elo advantage over the other team
    you gained only 6 elo for this win
    you can't say a talent or champ is good cause you won on a 8min stomp (and no one wants to hear about your kda, the turrets are just getting tons of assists...)

however, I can say tinkerin is op
    and this is a lost game
    I have all top dmg, top kda
    and it's a game I barely lost (due to ash bad ult mostly)

it's only a low diamond game tho, but surely I can play with tinkerin even if it was a master game

but I'm really happy about this game, for once, even tho I lost, it felt kinda balanced, at least more than usual ^^
    but I still don't get how you can say archi is good while being stuck in gold...if U were diamond and doing great there with archi I would say that yeah okay archi is better than I thought, but you ain't, and it's not
    again not against you, would anyone else say archi is good I would say the same
    I'd just wish you stop trying to make people think archi is op, I already see enough people playing that dumb talent^^'

anyway you surely gonna compare our stats again to make a point out of nothingness, everything will be moderated 🙂

be happy 🙂

• PC

@TangAce

All Barik's talents are viable. It depends on the circumstances which might be a better choice for a particular match.

PS: Congrats on getting your diamond back.

• PC

@DaddyOoker
    just lost 8 games in a row due to incompetent teammates, everytime enemy team saying I carried and that they are sorry for me lol

and all are viable, but tinkerin is what makes barik op, it's like you were playing cripple inara or idk accelerant bk, it's viable, but it's not op

• PC

@TangAce said in October Happy Thread:

@DaddyOoker
    just lost 8 games in a row due to incompetent teammates, everytime enemy team saying I carried and that they are sorry for me lol

and all are viable, but tinkerin is what makes barik op, it's like you were playing cripple inara or idk accelerant bk, it's viable, but it's not op

I don't know if Tinkerin is "OP" but it's good to be sure. I mean if you compare against say Makoa the DPS itself is not OP. I guess the issue is you don't have to compensate for drop like Makoa does.

Maybe Tinkerin should have drop similar to Makoa.

• PC

@DaddyOoker

tinkerin is op, everyone is saying it, it makes barik op af, I'd rather play barik than koa tbh

• PC

So Kreepers (shoutouts to him on this) found a way to make the PTS work for Steam users.

• If you have the game running, exit.
    • Go Into Steam
    • Right click Paladins Public Test in your library
    • Find the properties option and open the menu (left click)
    • Click "Set Launch Options"
    • Type in "/nosteam"
    • Launch the game

Only a few problems with this solution: it will ask you for your login credentials (username and password for your Hi-Rez account), and also level 1 Battle Pass rewards will not work, or at least they didn't for me (so to get the Strix skin, you would need to get the recolor in the Plus part of the pass (just use the absurd amount of crystals you get on PTS), and you can't get the frame to work at all). Also, I don't know if it will work for everyone.

Also, PS, Raum is absurdly fun. 🙂 He's definitely on the more powerful side, but definitely not OP because he's rather counterable. I see him having a lot of potential as an off-tank.

• PC

• My friend, BLNT04 is in the top5 plays 😀😎 👑

• PC

@KicsitCsicska He is literally a pro.

• FINISHED A GUIDE FOR KHAN O YEA

• PC

@AzrielM said in October Happy Thread:

FINISHED A GUIDE FOR KHAN O YEA

INB4 what happened to my Barik guide happens.

• INB4 is what again>

• PC

@AzrielM said in October Happy Thread:

INB4 is what again>

In Before

• The Little Box of Horrors is out! 😄

• PC

The PTS FINALLY WORKS!

I'll probably make a tier list in a bit based on what I've seen, but from what I can tell Raum is a very powerful character... That's also simultaneously a bit easy to counter.

In the bad news, the VP for Khan's skin is pretty bad and the Strix skin's pistol has an absurd amount of muzzle flash.

• PC

A friggin miracle - PTS up and I was able to get Raum on the third attempt - bot match.
    BTW, Khan is a counter.

20191016183826_1.jpg