October Happy Thread

• PC

@DaddyOoker

tinkerin is op, everyone is saying it, it makes barik op af, I'd rather play barik than koa tbh

• PC

So Kreepers (shoutouts to him on this) found a way to make the PTS work for Steam users.

• If you have the game running, exit.
    • Go Into Steam
    • Right click Paladins Public Test in your library
    • Find the properties option and open the menu (left click)
    • Click "Set Launch Options"
    • Type in "/nosteam"
    • Launch the game

Only a few problems with this solution: it will ask you for your login credentials (username and password for your Hi-Rez account), and also level 1 Battle Pass rewards will not work, or at least they didn't for me (so to get the Strix skin, you would need to get the recolor in the Plus part of the pass (just use the absurd amount of crystals you get on PTS), and you can't get the frame to work at all). Also, I don't know if it will work for everyone.

Also, PS, Raum is absurdly fun. 🙂 He's definitely on the more powerful side, but definitely not OP because he's rather counterable. I see him having a lot of potential as an off-tank.

• PC

• My friend, BLNT04 is in the top5 plays 😀😎 👑

• PC

@KicsitCsicska He is literally a pro.

• FINISHED A GUIDE FOR KHAN O YEA

• PC

@AzrielM said in October Happy Thread:

FINISHED A GUIDE FOR KHAN O YEA

INB4 what happened to my Barik guide happens.

• INB4 is what again>

• PC

@AzrielM said in October Happy Thread:

INB4 is what again>

In Before

• The Little Box of Horrors is out! 😄

• PC

The PTS FINALLY WORKS!

I'll probably make a tier list in a bit based on what I've seen, but from what I can tell Raum is a very powerful character... That's also simultaneously a bit easy to counter.

In the bad news, the VP for Khan's skin is pretty bad and the Strix skin's pistol has an absurd amount of muzzle flash.

• PC

A friggin miracle - PTS up and I was able to get Raum on the third attempt - bot match.
    BTW, Khan is a counter.

20191016183826_1.jpg

• PC

@DaddyOoker said in October Happy Thread:

A friggin miracle - PTS up and I was able to get Raum on the third attempt - bot match.
    BTW, Khan is a counter.

20191016183826_1.jpg

Khan is probably one of his best counters in the tank class. Tyra is also really good against him, Bomb King is also, and Pip is probably the worst counter he has. That's only a few things that counter him rather effectively.

Upon retrospect I'm not even really sure where he would tier because the more I play and see him the more... average he actually seems.

• PC

Love that Tyra skin. Would you believe I got an actual match. What a shocker.

I know it's PTS but come on give your team a chance.

20191016193034_1.jpg

At beginning of that match I got kicked and then it put me back in. I was off the mount and had to walk to the action.

20191016192235_1.jpg

• PC

Is it just me or does Raum think he's a heavy duty pickup truck or something when he calls his name?

"VRAUM VRAUM VRAUM"

EDIT: Just made my Guru tierlist on my first impressions of the PTS. Raum is the top champion of A+, below Drogoz and above Zhin. In other words, decent. He's too counterable to tier much higher than that.

• PC

@Dusklicious said in October Happy Thread:

Is it just me or does Raum think he's a heavy duty pickup truck or something when he calls his name?

"VRAUM VRAUM VRAUM"

Kind of does. I think he should say Vodka though 🙂

• PC

So, this might happen if you are playing Khan, you grab somebody with your ult, and you die before throwing them off:

Buggy $#!+ 1.png

A Hi-Rez Employee was on my team also when this happened. I was about to say "$*****, you need to tell them about this" 😆

• Need 15k more gold to unlock Raum later... COME ON!!!!

• @Dusklicious

What beats Khan is speed and common sense at playing the tank fighting it...
    I tend to think that khan is rubbish design... he is like the lex of tanks to me...
    Its like they stole some ideas from overwatch and a jank ass ult that is a free makoa hook on seroids with the nerf making it even jankier still...

Even so...He is a slow walking area threat, can be pressured easily with damage uility though...
    It is just a matter of bringing enough damage utility options at the right time...

Khan is garbage at fighting tanks who out class him in mobility options and well positioned damage who can hold him at range...
    His only advantages is destroying an exposed squishy and hindering a tanks staying power with some cheaply desigend CC moves that cause the game some issues...
    But if the tank just straight up dives around and allows their team to rotate into favourable areas khan cannot get there in time to fight a full far flank attack or with a scattered ally team...

Khan also sucks in fighting around a corner compared to some other tanks and is hindered by highground damage...

I'm just happy that khan counters fernando heat transfer less now thanks to the shield CD recuction... made no sense that fern had a longer shield CD then khans ability to disable it....

• PC

Almost lost a bot match. 🙂

20191018193509_1.jpg