October Happy Thread

• PC

@Dusklicious said in October Happy Thread:

@DaddyOoker said in October Happy Thread:

@Dusklicious Just won a Raum match with no support. Drogoz ulted me like 4 times. LMAO.

Hmmm. Pulled from history shows zero healing from anyone - that's not correct. The IO and Khan both did something.

20191019205514_1.jpg

Looks like a feeding Cassie and the Raum on their team was probably bad.'

Also, I think my PTS tier list is finally ready now that I've played about 10 hours on the PTS.

The Cassie was just bad I think. She was playing. I had recorded the match - heal numbers: Khan 24k,, IO 119k. The Atlas was supposed to be support but changed after everyone else had locked. Luckily the team wasn't too pissed off about it. Turned out to be a good choice in the end. lol. The enemy Raum had lvl 44 to my lvl 3 (this was my second non bot Raum match) - yeah he could have bought them but why would you buy past lvl 8 for the PTS? The Drogoz was a lvl 0 - say whaa - he was the biggest problem.

For new characters, people (me included) generally buy level 50 on PTS to see the golden skin.

That would make sense if he was 50+. 44? I don't get it.

• PC

@Dusklicious Just won a Raum match with no support. Drogoz ulted me like 4 times. LMAO.

Hmmm. Pulled from history shows zero healing from anyone - that's not correct. The IO and Khan both did something.

20191019205514_1.jpg

Looks like a feeding Cassie and the Raum on their team was probably bad.'

Also, I think my PTS tier list is finally ready now that I've played about 10 hours on the PTS.

The Cassie was just bad I think. She was playing. I had recorded the match - heal numbers: Khan 24k,, IO 119k. The Atlas was supposed to be support but changed after everyone else had locked. Luckily the team wasn't too pissed off about it. Turned out to be a good choice in the end. lol. The enemy Raum had lvl 44 to my lvl 3 (this was my second non bot Raum match) - yeah he could have bought them but why would you buy past lvl 8 for the PTS? The Drogoz was a lvl 0 - say whaa - he was the biggest problem.

For new characters, people (me included) generally buy level 50 on PTS to see the golden skin.

That would make sense if he was 50+. 44? I don't get it.

Might not have had enough gold to buy all the levels yet. It is PTS, but they still give you a set amount of gold and crystals on log-in.

• PC

@Dusklicious How much does it take?

• PC

I think it takes at least 3 or 4 million gold to get from level 1 to level 50. Don't have any character at level 1 so I can't check.

• PC

I think it takes at least 3 or 4 million gold to get from level 1 to level 50. Don't have any character at level 1 so I can't check.

1.3 million from a level 4. OK then.

• PC

And I finally break my ~10 game loss streak with this match:

Atlas OP.png

Top damage, best KDA, with Atlas' "worst talent" (Unstable Fissure). I honestly think it's better than Temporal Divide, and it's also less about just being obnoxious with Stasis Field (which is a Temporal Divide playstyle in a nutshell).

• @Dusklicious I still don't understand why are you not running Healing Station with a talent that reduces CD of your healing stations by 3s.

• PC

@TTraw said in October Happy Thread:

@Dusklicious I still don't understand why are you not running Healing Station with a talent that reduces CD of your healing stations by 3s

The way that the turrets will end up being used in an Architectonics build (more offensively, in a way that makes them take more damage) makes the healing beyond negligible, plus I would have to get rid of better cards. It works for Tinkerin because the more passive long range style of play works better for it, but Architectonics doesn't nearly have Tinkerin's capabilities at range (where it's less likely the healing will be cauted, because it is affected by Cauterize).

Seems like it would be common sense to run it, but in reality it doesn't really work with the build. It's like running something like Life Unlived on Atlas running a Fissure build for example. The card is quite terrible on its own, yes, but it also doesn't really fit the use of the talent.

• @Dusklicious this is not always true. Barik is a point tank so he should take damage and caut more than other people on his team. Besides, he has a shield that allows strip the caut when needed. So I think it's super powerful. It's 3 s cd off so it's upto 675 more healing in total.

By the way, did they nerf his turret deploy speed card? I swear it was 0.7/lvl before..

• PC

https://paladins.guru/match/censored/5XH6doddo

I out damaged Barik as Seris (On my third drink BTW)? Even with that Dredge PITA we win. Not complaining, he did good.

• PC

@TTraw said in October Happy Thread:

@Dusklicious this is not always true. Barik is a point tank so he should take damage and caut more than other people on his team. Besides, he has a shield that allows strip the caut when needed. So I think it's super powerful. It's 3 s cd off so it's upto 675 more healing in total.

By the way, did they nerf his turret deploy speed card? I swear it was 0.7/lvl before..

He does, but the shield cannot move, meaning the only way to cancel Caut coming at you would be to be constantly on the other side of the shield from the damage which is beyond unrealistic (so you'd still get hit with Caut quite consistently). If the healing was better and Caut got nerfed (I think it should be nerfed but also stack, because it doesn't...) I would think about maybe using it in an Architectonics build. I mean if Fortify would get buffed (because it's pretty $#!+) that would be NICE too... 😑

But I definitely can't part with anything like One Man's Treasure, and aside from that the only real options to get rid of would be Bowling Ball and Failsafe (The former is generally a better card overall and the latter is basically necessary to make the former viable). The other two are absolutely 100% necessary for the build to work.

• PC

I love how its an unspoken rule that if you show 3 supports in casual the team end up being 5 supports.
    Funniest composition change my mind.

• PC

@ShogunPukin said in October Happy Thread:

I love how its an unspoken rule that if you show 3 supports in casual the team end up being 5 supports.
    Funniest composition change my mind.

I was in a comp like that a few times and it was pretty interesting... 😆

Hey, you could have a Damage Grohk, a Damage Pip, an Io, a Furia, and a Deep Roots Grover... That could maybe work interestingly well... 🤔

• PC

@Dusklicious this time it was stun damba (me), stun furia, io, grohk (ult spam) and seris (soul collector) we destroyed them 4-0

• PC

@ShogunPukin said in October Happy Thread:

@Dusklicious this time it was stun damba (me), stun furia, io, grohk (ult spam) and seris (soul collector) we destroyed them 4-0

🤣

• PC

I am so damn happy, my concept Cynthia placed third in the community contest on the subreddit
    yay 🙂

• Thanks to everyone who said Happy Birthday to me!

@Lukash369 @Borvik @a_a

• PC

@AzrielM my pleasure

• PC

I heard that Hi-Rez is actually underway on a mini-rework to Torvald that makes him into a point tank again. The few details I've heard make it sound like a very interesting idea. 🙂 Not like I envisioned, but very interesting nonetheless. I came up with a concept for what it could look like (shameless self-promotion on this one)

• @Dusklicious said in October Happy Thread:

I heard that Hi-Rez is actually underway on a mini-rework to Torvald that makes him into a point tank again.

ooh, where did u hear it from?