Don't let braindeadness prevail.

• PC

@taikonaut said in Don't let braindeadness prevail.:

@Dusklicious said in Don't let braindeadness prevail.:

Well, why don't you explain why toxicity's such a huge problem?

inb4 "IT DRIVES AWAY THE PLAYERBASE NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY BECAUSE OF HOW MEAN PEOPLE ARE, MY SOURCE IS MY REAR END BTW"

I shouldn't really have to... Toxicity does drive away players, and it also causes this exact sort of discussion to happen.

To me it just sounds like you're just offended by my post and the assumptions still only go to prove my point.

Well, League and Overwatch are extremely toxic, but have huge amounts of players.

Yes, they are, but you don't seem to realize how many people have also been driven away from these games by toxic behavior.

• Banned

Well, why don't you explain why toxicity's such a huge problem?

inb4 "IT DRIVES AWAY THE PLAYERBASE NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY BECAUSE OF HOW MEAN PEOPLE ARE, MY SOURCE IS MY REAR END BTW"

I shouldn't really have to... Toxicity does drive away players, and it also causes this exact sort of discussion to happen.

To me it just sounds like you're just offended by my post and the assumptions still only go to prove my point.

Well, League and Overwatch are extremely toxic, but have huge amounts of players.

Yes, they are, but you don't seem to realize how many people have also been driven away from these games by toxic behavior.

Well, the point is good game design and a successful marketing campaign are leagues (heh) more important than enforcement of rules of politeness. I'm not sure what makes you think this is such a big deal, however, this seems to be the second time you've tried to derail a topic about game design by talking about how "toxic" this game is.

• @Conrad_Max said in Don't let braindeadness prevail.:

@Nero-di-seppia, let me clarify my opinion for you. I still find the game fun and competative. Me. I know other people do, too.

With that said, there are players who would agree with you whole heartedly.

Listen mate, I know what an opinion is, I'm always the first one bitching about them when someone wants always to be right.
    Everyone has its own opinions and thoughts, I'm fine with it, but here we're talking about facts, not opinions.

1. I didn't even mention the "fun" in this thread, why are you bringing it in the discussion??
      Anyway, you find paladins fun, me too 🙂
      But while someone like you or me can still find this game enjoyable, someone else, can now be bored of it. That's where the opinion thing comes out, it's a subjective choise (that I repeat, you shouldn't even have mentioned, since the thread was about braindead characters, not boring characters)
    2. Competitive, here's where the opinion thing doesn't count. You can find the game fun, good, but you can't find it competitive.
      Do it if you want, but here the "truth" exists and has been told by the devs themselves and professional players time ago, when paladins shifted to a more casual scenario.
      Paladins ain't competitive, it's a chill casual game... I don't say that it's stupid, easy or noskill, absolutely, the game is still about team work and strategy, I'm just saying that it's not a competitive, skill based fps like the paladins from 2017.
      Play ranked, follow esports, take the game seriously, that doesn't matter... the gameplay aspect, for how it is right now, does make paladins a very casual game, accessible to everyone. (I repeat, that's not a bad thing, unless you fall down with braindeadness)

• PC

This post is deleted!

• Banned

This post is deleted!

Please stop derailing the thread or it will be Locked.

• @Nero-di-seppia: "Paladins ain't competitive, it's a chill casual game... I don't say that it's stupid, easy or noskill, absolutely, the game is still about team work and strategy, I'm just saying that it's not a competitive, skill based fps like the paladins from 2017."

That is a matter of personal opinion. It may not be competative for you and others, but it is competative for me and others - in my opinion.

I am done here as my opinions have created some excitement and may be derailing. Let's get back on track.

Be seeing you. Ciao!

• @Nero-di-seppia well easy to use champions are not the issue with competitive factor
    I played CS 1.1 to 1.6 (a decade ago) and that game has MP5 who was a really easy to use point and hold LMB, everyone can use that gun and it recoil never changed even in 1.6. CS 1.6 is one of the top tier competitive shooter

The main problem is matchmaking.
    Try to win 10 games in a row, and come back to play solo queue the next day. I can guarantee you the matchmaking will screw you over. Not even the GMs can handle this matchmaking solo

• @Conrad_Max cià guaglió 👋🏻

• I would add Moji and all the other spray and pray champions to that list (maybe most flanks too, minus Evie and Buck). I do agree that Strix's playstyle is extremely annoying. A decrease in the fire rate of his pistol is needed. Zhin should be added to that list as well. His playstyle is braindead too. He gives too much reward for little to no effort. The size of his projectiles are too big and easy to hit. Dredge's spam is too much at times. I'm seeing more people playing Vivian. Cardio Viktor is a nuisance. I really don't know why it was buffed.
    As for fun, this game is not as fun as it used to be and it's definitely not chill at least not for me. The matchmaking and team balancing really messes up the experience for me. Whether I'm playing solo or with a friend, I get bad teammates and good sometimes sweaty enemies the majority of the time. In Casual, people don't treat this as a team-based game and forget about Ranked.

• PC

Lets be honest there is no braindead champion, there is game knowledge required and mechanics from every champion even for damage class which is the class that requires less at this moment. They may seem easy after watching them but I can ensure you that you need to know when to go in and go out, when to push, which route should take... all those factor matters. If you go spamming attacks like a braindead like you guys are saying I can say for sure that you wont get good results, for example vivian is easy to focus, moji is a shortrange flank with low mobility and huge hitbox...
    Btw in my opinion flank class is the hardest and less rewarding right now followed by support class.