The tempo of balancing the game

• Hi!

I agree with all of the new balance changes, im sure that the game will be better in the next patch in every aspects!
    But we need way more balance changes, please don't waste 6-8 years for fix all of the clear problems what can be solved literally free by rewrite some numbers in the code.

Items: Cauterize is why more popular than it should be based of the number of the items (there are 16 items, and caut is 90% used by all of the champions each times). Resillance makes most of the CC based talents weak (The Power Cosmeum, Nullify, Agony). Khan's insane 3s stun is the only thing can be still viable, bec it's amount is way too much. Veteran is just a under scaled item, while Rejuvenate's bonus can't be reduced by caut, so it's the number one healing item.

All champions has weak and strong cards, e.g.: Zhin's Embers and Fuel for the Fire are underpowered, while Blade Dance and Fan the Flames are always used. Khan's Bloodthirst and Shield Wall are too weak, but Never Surrender! and Hopeguard are realy strong...

The same cards of the different champions are also unequal for no reason, e.g.: Tyra's Trail Blazer garants way less ammo than Viktor's Speed Load, while Viktor's ammo deals more dmg. Khan's Bloodthirst has less than halve bonus than Ash's Indomitable while Lifesteal is better for Ash, cuz she can be defended from caut effect while shooting, while Khan can't be because of the mechanic of their shields.

Almost all champions has clearly worse and better talents, e.g.: Mal'Damba's Spirit's Chosen and Wekono's Curse.

Champions's meta are different powerful, this is why there are meta champions and weak champions. This balance problem is based on some build in the champions' kit, not on their base kit (e.g. Lian's Eminance is OP, but her other talents are much weaker), but often the base kit is changed (like Lian's ult nerf this time), what doesn't solve the balance in the champion's kit (Lian's other talents will still be unused), just the balance between the champions meta.

Some skills are realy weak by default and the cards based on it have been balanced by make them overscaled. It doesn't solve the champion's skill balance problems (e.g. Kinessa's Opressor Mine is almost useless, the cards based on it are realy high scaled, but still isn't enaugh for make worth to use them...)

All in all many talents, cards, champions... have distinctly different pick-, and winrate, not just those some's what are changed in a new patches. All of the different statistics have real reasons why those are diefferent, and these differences are the balance problems. Also there comes new patches less often nowdays - you mentioned it's technical reasons -, but it makes the balance polishing much slower if you keep the number of changes per patches. Add way more balance changes in the new patches, please.

• @KicsitCsicska imo, this patch is a disaster and the only thing that keeps it alive is by raum, the new tank (he seems really interesting, Idk why but love tanks with really HIGH HP).
    The bug fixes are ok, the battle pass is meh and the balancement is trash.
    Half of the buffs/nerfs that aoc promized were ignored, no buck buff, neither a cooldown reduction or a recovery animation fix... no fernando buff, no ruckus buff, no shalin CD reduction or withdraw, no TANKS damage nerfs, that should have been the focus of this patch (the only thing they did was a stupid card nerf on atlas, unnecessary as always, they always nerf the wrong this ffs), no lian and cassie nerfs, just some ultimate nerfs to make us shut up about them, even if they're aware that the problems aren't the ults.
    What the f*** is that willo nerf? Despite all the people saying that flutter wasn't the problem, they still nerfed it?!
    A fairy fluttering around every 10 sec is problematic and "CONFUSING FOR NEW PLAYERS", and a b**** with aimbot is fine??
    Why are we even complaining in this forum?? they don't read them , they don't care... Maybe we should all go on salty reddit full of white-knights and crybabies and complain there.

• PC

@Nero-di-seppia said in The tempo of balancing the game:

Why are we even complaining in this forum?? they don't read them , they don't care...

Welcome to my boat, mate. One more awaken.

I was the one trying the Buck buff, then I've gave up, wice it was clear that they don't fckn want some champions to make their way into viable ones! This is SO FCKN FRUSTRATING to see so many good ideas been trashed here in this forum, just as they do to the old champions.

Feels like the problem has been me wanting this teenagers to act like professionals over their fckn hobbies.

Am I explicitly enough on how am I FRUSTRATED for this fckn sht?! It's a paid job! Money has been given for it to work, WE GIVE OUR FCKN TIME, HELP AND MONEY to help them doing their jobs, and they DON'T GIVE A SHT to what is needed!

This forum is meant to give feedback, to what they make sure to send to oblivion!!

Buck, to whom I've fought once, received no balance changes in this patch, and it will be 2 or 3 more extended eternities for it to happen, if ever.

Jair Flair had it said that they were going to give him some love this patch. Bull sht. I'll won't go over it again, for I have a thread here for it.

The killing is that there isn't even a discussion about it, about what will they do or what they aren't! They just don't give a sht!

Raum is the prove that Ruckus minigus had always room for its former damage. And it's simple to not make it OP: slightly nerf his rockets, so Rocket Barrage ain't OP, and give him some damage back, so his other Talents are made viable too.

WAS THAT HARD TO REALIZE?!?

Raum has WAY more bullets than him, and more damage, and I'm not complaining about it, I'm just showing that Ruckus can be made playable again with his other Talents too! They showed it!

Terminus has an 1s stun on Crush, while Khan has 2s on his stun talent. Crush is just a filler on Terminus talents, needing attention.

But I'll won't keep going. I should even try to help them earn their money, since they don't give a sht for it.

Why are we even complaining here?

And, yes. My rage in completely justified for all the time and effort I've put into it since forever. They say they, through Jay Flair, that they can't have updates that often for it costs money, and now that they have a chance, they FCK UP one more time, so they can use the same excuse again. Over and over!

Vicious circle!

The only thing that makes me waste my time here is that I like this game, and I would love to see chairs changing there, so we would have professionals doing their jobs properly, and also so I have it recorded, as a log, and I tried something to help this sht!

Can you feel the rage?! Raum is nothing compared to me!!

I hope all the fckn bad words were missing a letter, as we properly do for fórum rules.

Have a nice day.

• @MegaEdu13 I feel your pain and I also feel so sorry for this awesome game being slowly ruined by thoose greedy incompent devs, who always hide behind excuses.
    Paladins was such a great game when there was drybear, I miss thoose times.
    The "fun" fact is that now half of the community will complain of the same things so evilmojo will be forced to listen, they can't ignore us for the 2nd time. So probably all the changes they promized are going to happen next update... oh right, we have to wait another 2 fuc**ng months tho.
    It's really that expensive to BALANCE the game every 1/2 weeks instead of doing it by theese major updates?

• @KicsitCsicska said in The tempo of balancing the game:

Hi!

I agree with all of the new balance changes, im sure that the game will be better in the next patch in every aspects!
    But we need way more balance changes, please don't waste 6-8 years for fix all of the clear problems what can be solved literally free by rewrite some numbers in the code.

Items: Cauterize is why more popular than it should be based of the number of the items (there are 16 items, and caut is 90% used by all of the champions each times). Resillance makes most of the CC based talents weak (The Power Cosmeum, Nullify, Agony). Khan's insane 3s stun is the only thing can be still viable, bec it's amount is way too much. Veteran is just a under scaled item, while Rejuvenate's bonus can't be reduced by caut, so it's the number one healing item.

All champions has weak and strong cards, e.g.: Zhin's Embers and Fuel for the Fire are underpowered, while Blade Dance and Fan the Flames are always used. Khan's Bloodthirst and Shield Wall are too weak, but Never Surrender! and Hopeguard are realy strong...

The same cards of the different champions are also unequal for no reason, e.g.: Tyra's Trail Blazer garants way less ammo than Viktor's Speed Load, while Viktor's ammo deals more dmg. Khan's Bloodthirst has less than halve bonus than Ash's Indomitable while Lifesteal is better for Ash, cuz she can be defended from caut effect while shooting, while Khan can't be because of the mechanic of their shields.

Almost all champions has clearly worse and better talents, e.g.: Mal'Damba's Spirit's Chosen and Wekono's Curse.

Champions's meta are different powerful, this is why there are meta champions and weak champions. This balance problem is based on some build in the champions' kit, not on their base kit (e.g. Lian's Eminance is OP, but her other talents are much weaker), but often the base kit is changed (like Lian's ult nerf this time), what doesn't solve the balance in the champion's kit (Lian's other talents will still be unused), just the balance between the champions meta.

Some skills are realy weak by default and the cards based on it have been balanced by make them overscaled. It doesn't solve the champion's skill balance problems (e.g. Kinessa's Opressor Mine is almost useless, the cards based on it are realy high scaled, but still isn't enaugh for make worth to use them...)

All in all many talents, cards, champions... have distinctly different pick-, and winrate, not just those some's what are changed in a new patches. All of the different statistics have real reasons why those are diefferent, and these differences are the balance problems. Also there comes new patches less often nowdays - you mentioned it's technical reasons -, but it makes the balance polishing much slower if you keep the number of changes per patches. Add way more balance changes in the new patches, please.

I feel you on the cards especially. It gets to the point where if I'm familiar with a champion, I can tell whether or not they suck based on the cards picked. If Willo doesn't have flutter damage reduction card and eliminations reduce cooldowns card, then she won't be a good Willo 8/10. Same with Barik, bowling ball and failsafe are must have cards. Skye needs the poisoner card, etc.

The problem with the card system is the illusion of choice. Paladins lets you think that all cards are optional, when, in reality, some cards are mandatory. Imagine being Seris without soul forge. Maeve without persistence and/or sixth sense. Vivian without the ammo chance card. Plus more.