Champion overview: Inara

• Inara is the best point tank with a decent loadout. She has got a weak talent and some underpowered cards, anyways she is OK.

Tremors gives her more Impasses what dooesn't just defend her, but also prevent her team to attack. This is why this talent can't be that powerful. And Summit is too important with this talent, cuz its mobility buff can make her a little bit more viable. I suggest to add a new, awesome bonus to this talent, what will make it much more agressive and less relied on Summit:
    Tremors: Reduce the Cooldown of Impasse by 70% and put Impass under an enemy stuns it for 1s.
    It could interrupt some kind of shields and put the enemies onto a realy vulnerable spot to shot it down.

She is realy tanky, so her many ammo and reload speed based cards are all weak, but these aren't enaugh scalable for solve it by buff them. I think if she had a little bit less Health and more damage these cards will be more important and she will be funnier to play with as well. Reduce her Hp from 4700 to 4400 and increase her damage from 225 to 250.

After Tremors will often used on enemies, Summit won't be as effective with the only talent it works. I suggest to buff its bonus from {300|300} to {600|300} for keep it viable. Anyways it always used on may level, why would you use it on low for just a little jump? Nonsense. This is why I suggested to buff its level1 bonus.
    Standing Stones and Geomancer reduces the cooldowns of her best skills. This is why these are realy often used. I suggest to nerf these bonus to {0.8|0.8}s and {0.4|0.4}s.
    Tanks doesn't have that many elims, so cards based on it aren't that powerful. I suggest to buff Rolling Stones's bonus from 8% to 10%.
    Whetstone gives her 5% reload speed what isn't that big deal for a tank. I suggest to buff it to 7%.
    She has a good self healer card, the other two are realy weak. Just compare them with Stone Bulwark. I suggest to double the bonus of Caretaker and Crag. It is realy needed...

• @KicsitCsicska said in Champion overview: Inara:

Inara is the best point tank with a decent loadout. She has got a weak talent and some underpowered cards, anyways she is OK.

Tremors gives her mor Impasses what dooesn't just defend her, but also prevent her team to attack. This is why this talent can't be that powerful. And Summit is too important with this talent, cuz its mobility buff can make her a little bit more viable. I suggest to add a new, awesome bonus to this talent, what will make it much more agressive and less relied on Summit:
    Tremors: Reduce the Cooldown of Impasse by 70% and put Impass under an enemy stuns it for 1s.
    It could interrupt some kind of shields and put the enemies onto a realy vulnerable spot to shot it down.

She is realy tanky, so her many ammo and reload speed based cards are all weak, but these aren't enaugh scalable for solve it by buff them. I think if she had a little bit less Health and more damage these cards will be more important and she will be funnier to play with as well. Reduce her Hp from 4700 to 4200 and increase her damage from 225 to 250.

After Tremors will often used on enemies, Summit won't be as effective with the only talent it works. I suggest to buff its bonus from {300|300} to {600|300} for keep it viable. Anyways it always used on may level, why would you use it on low for just a little jump? Nonsense. This is why I suggested to buff its level1 bonus.
    Standing Stones and Geomancer reduces the cooldowns of her best skills. This is why these are realy often used. I suggest to nerf these bonus to {0.8|0.8}s and {0.4|0.4}s.
    Tanks doesn't have that many elims, so cards based on it aren't that powerful. I suggest to buff Rolling Stones's bonus from 8% to 10%.
    Whetstone gives her 5% reload speed what isn't that big deal for a tank. I suggest to buff it to 7%.
    She has a good self healer card, the other two are realy weak. Just compare them with Stone Bulwark. I suggest to double the bonus of Caretaker and Crag. It is realy needed...

Replace Tremors with Wrath of Staglia, that'll be an improvement. Then again, ANYTHING is an improvement over tremors. I literally hate seeing an Inara running tremors as a talent and it's not a bait-and-switch where they'll change at the last second.

• @HeartQueen Did you read my Tremors extension?

• The thing is, she already has a talent for cc, which is treacherous ground. She doesn't need another one. The stun would make Tremors slightly more viable, but it's still just a bad talent. I also don't like reducing her HP, since she is a point tank. Point tanks are supposed to soak up damage.

Really, I actually wouldn't change many of Inara's cards, because she's balanced in that regard. Maybe the health cards because she's too dependent on a healer since her health cards kind of suck. Then again, with her increased healing on Earthen Guard and having the most health, buffing her health cards might make her op. The reload speed cards getting a buff won't change much because most Inara mains don't even use those cards, especially since she doesn't have a damage talent and her dps is weak. Even with your buff to 250 per stone, her max dps would be 900 ((250*3) + 150), or 1400 with her ult. Nerfing her Geomancer and Standing Stones would make it harder to point tank with her. That's to give her more defenses. Even with those cards, she still relies a lot on healing compared to Barik, who has less health and damage reduction, but more sustained healing/shielding.

• I personally just want Inara to have all talents useable. She is already in good place when it comes to her meta choices.

So what I suggest is simply moving her DR from Mother's Grace into the base kit. This would make Treacherous Ground actually usable.

All that's left is buffing Tremors, althought it's difficult to do. Easiest solution is to give her Summit 5 card for free when she picks this talent, allowing her to invest those points into something else.

• @HeartQueen Ppl dont use her reload card, because it is underpowered and her damage is low. This is why I suggested to buff it and buff her dmg as well.
    I think if you neither use those cards what i suggested to buff, and you didn't give a reason why don't buff them than your statement 'I actually wouldn't change many of Inara's cards, because she's balanced in that regard' doesn't have any reason.

The stun on Tremors is why different than the other talent, cuz it can be reuced by Resillance, it can interrupt shields and other skills and it puts the enemy onto a realy bad spot. While it also covers places. Way different. It could add a totaly other usage for an old skill, so it could extend the variety of the game.

Buff unused, underpowered heal cards won't make her OP. Why would be it OP? She won't have more loadout point for use them. She will have more viable choise for spend those points. It increases the number of the viable varieties, not her kit, cuz these card won't be 'free' to use.

If you think 4200 Hp would be too big lose for that dmg buff you can suggest to nerf it to just e.g. 4400. The dmg buff is needed for make the ammo based card viable! And for balance her low dmg.

If a card nerf would nerf a champion - as you mentioned about Geomancer and Standing Stones - than those cards are OP. If balanced cards will be nerfed the champion won't be weaker just will have less viable cards to use. Champions' force relies only on OP cards, because these are always used. And if these cards are OP those should be nerfed. Easy.

Eventually I changed the suggestion's HP nerf from 4200 to 4400, because of the nerf of those OP cards you mentioned.

• @TTraw said in Champion overview: Inara:

I personally just want Inara to have all talents useable. She is already in good place when it comes to her meta choices.

So what I suggest is simply moving her DR from Mother's Grace into the base kit. This would make Treacherous Ground actually usable.

All that's left is buffing Tremors, althought it's difficult to do. Easiest solution is to give her Summit 5 card for free when she picks this talent, allowing her to invest those points into something else.

Bring Wrath of Staglia back! lol. On that talent buff her base damage to 250 per stone like the creator of this thread wants, and then that bonus 200 when you hit all stones. With that she'll have a consistent DPS of 950, and 1100 when you add in her warder's stone. It'll be a more offensive Inara, that could have use in some situations which is already better than Tremors which is NEVER good.

@KicsitCsicska said in Champion overview: Inara:

@HeartQueen Ppl dont use her reload card, because it is underpowered and her damage is low. This is why I suggested to buff it and buff her dmg as well.
    I think if you neither use those cards what i suggested to buff, and you didn't give a reason why don't buff them than your statement 'I actually wouldn't change many of Inara's cards, because she's balanced in that regard' doesn't have any reason.

The stun on Tremors is why different than the other talent, cuz it can be reuced by Resillance, it can interrupt shields and other skills and it puts the enemy onto a realy bad spot. While it also covers places. Way different. It could add a totaly other usage for an old skill, so it could extend the variety of the game.

Buff unused, underpowered heal cards won't make her OP. Why would be it OP? She won't have more loadout point for use them. She will have more viable choise for spend those points. It increases the number of the viable varieties, not her kit, cuz these card won't be 'free' to use.

If you think 4200 Hp would be too big lose for that dmg buff you can suggest to nerf it to just e.g. 4400. The dmg buff is needed for make the ammo based card viable! And for balance her low dmg.

If a card nerf would nerf a champion - as you mentioned about Geomancer and Standing Stones - than those cards are OP. If balanced cards will be nerfed the champion won't be weaker just will have less viable cards to use. Champions' force relies only on OP cards, because these are always used. And if these cards are OP those should be nerfed. Easy.

Eventually I changed the suggestion's HP nerf from 4200 to 4400, because of the nerf of those OP cards you mentioned.

Fair enough points to be honest. It is a vicious cycle now that you point it out. People don't use reload cards because her damage is too low-->Why would you buff her damage if people don't use reload cards-->People don't use reload cards because her damage is low Though her buffed damage won't do much on its own. I would pair it with Wrath of Staglia, and get rid of tremors. Tremors doesn't really add anything. It promotes a bad playstyle of Inara. Inara is supposed to use her walls to isolate an opponent from their teammates, and most Tremor Inara's use it to block damage from the enemy team (along with damage from their own team). Case in point of what happened with a tremors Inara. I was Cassie, and running from Strix because I was low health. Inara saw Strix and put up a wall to protect herself, which ended up trapping me with Strix. Wrath of Staglia would be better and make more use of the reload cards due to her increased damage. It could be in a loadout that consists of a damage Inara, which is always fun to play around with.

4400 is fine in my opinion. She has a ton of damage reduction, and can cycle them well. I just didn't like 4200, because unlike Barik, she can't project a shield onto herself and heal herself. That's why it's good she has a lot of health and damage reduction, while Barik has bowling ball, failsafe, and healing station.

Though Barik does prove your last point, relying too much on cards. This was a conversation in the talents thread and the balancing thread. Relying too much on talents and cards.

[https://forums.hirezstudios.com/paladins/topic/1226/talents-need-viability/18]
    Quote from me:

"The fundamental problem is that certain talents are the only viable ones. Try being a solo healing Ying in ranked, and not picking Life Exchange. Try being Io without Life Link. Even moving away from supports. Trying being Viktor without Burst Mode, Willo without Blastflower, Torvald without Field Study (pre-nerf), Skye without Debilitate, etc. At this point, certain talents are the only must pick on certain champions. That means their base kit needs rework."

[https://forums.hirezstudios.com/paladins/topic/1290/the-tempo-of-balancing-the-game/5] Quote from me:

*"I feel you on the cards especially. It gets to the point where if I'm familiar with a champion, I can tell whether or not they suck based on the cards picked. If Willo doesn't have flutter damage reduction card and eliminations reduce cooldowns card, then she won't be a good Willo 8/10. Same with Barik, bowling ball and failsafe are must have cards. Skye needs the poisoner card, etc.

The problem with the card system is the illusion of choice. Paladins lets you think that all cards are optional, when, in reality, some cards are mandatory. Imagine being Seris without soul forge. Maeve without persistence and/or sixth sense. Vivian without the ammo chance card. Plus more."*

Those are great threads that make for a great read.

• @HeartQueen said in Champion overview: Inara:

Bring Wrath of Staglia back! lol. On that talent buff her base damage to 250 per stone like the creator of this thread wants, and then that bonus 200 when you hit all stones. With that she'll have a consistent DPS of 950, and 1100 when you add in her warder's stone. It'll be a more offensive Inara, that could have use in some situations which is already better than Tremors which is NEVER good.

Yeah give the tankiest character in the game more DPS than Ruckus in a form of a talent that doesn't change the way you play her in any way. What can possiblly go wrong?...

Tremors is her mobility talent, the "flying Inara" meme build wouldn't actually be that bad if she could afford more point into her vital cards instead of wasting 5 points into Summit.

• I Like Tremors.
    I have some good stomps with it.
    The way people Bash it just sounds like they need to understand it more.

Tremors allows for more picks with the wall if anything, it is very effective at restricting the enemy movements throughout the map.
    Combined with summit allows Inara to get to safe places and wall angles faster, allowing her to hold safely in many areas.
    The wall is constantly replacable, can absorb big damage and be ready to go again soon after.

Tremors is something that forces the enemy to take flyers, high ground mobility and any option CC option you can't wall off.
    Where as cripple field is only a choke or point buster,
    That said, this playstyle of Inara is not at point tanky as people seem to want, this style of inara is more middle ground sniper with zoning abilities due to the lack of control and anti cc and DR.
    But as an off tank, your team dominates by seperating and holding teamfights to give your side the numbers and envronment advantage while elements of your team are working on disabling the support or keeping the enemy cauterised.
    An Inara that takes good positions off the point and denies enemy passage to high ground and choke point access, walls off enemy barriers, and blocks major los from enemys is very handy against certain match ups and on maps with a mix of tight environment and denyable highgrounds.

My only issues with Tremor is that the her wall cards are pretty meh... Crag is not really the most ample method of self sustain when activating the wall when under the affect of caut. Yeah earthen guard can make it a near 1000 point self heal every 5s, but it is just too jank to invest in and counter productive to her kit.
    Gaining another 2.5K hp on the wall aint bad, it works better with mothers grace, no one goes to destroy the wall anyway as its current HP and DR allow it to eat massive damage.
    Wall duration is meh, good for personal survivability in a 1v1 choke fight... probs better for a tremors then in anything else...

My possibilities for buffing Tremors would be to give Inara DR while wall is up that does not effect wall, or give her some deployable HP armour on top of her max health upon activating wall. Something small to support the use of wall jumping and having a breif moment of durability while wall is active without wasting your increased healing DR stance.

• Also... remove or lower the mid air inaccuracy from inara...
    This just feels garbage as you go to jump dive someone and watch your attacks skew away from the enemy in the moment you need it most, landing the initial bruisng damage.
    Not only are you limited to your burst weapon, any hint of knockback or being airborne makes a inara struggle to land 1 shot on a foe while moving at high speed in the air.