New upvoting and downvoting feature on the forums

• PC

Hello. I realized that if someone upvotes a post, it is public, yet if a post gets downvoted, you can't know who did it. Wouldn't it be better if downvoting was also public? I think that would make its use more fair, and avoid being misused

I think it's better to keep the downvoting private, it avoids arguments, confrontation and all that.

• PC

I thought about that, but I am scared that if it is anonymous, people will end up abusing it, not because they disagree but because of other reasons that aren't the reason the downvoting exists. In the most ideal case, public downvoting wouldn't mean anything, only that you disagree with a person, so there would be no need to take it personal, but I understand it can lead to confrontation and a poor environment

Then, if anonymous downvoting and public downvoting can both lead to negative outcome, why have it? Wouldn't it be better then to only have upvoting?

• Can moderators see the identity of down voters?
    If so, there's nothing really to worry about.

If folks are found to consistantly down vote and give bad reputation for no reason other then being petty, something can be done about it I'm sure.

Personally, I would not worry about reputation until it becomes a proper issue.

@AYYDIMITRI said in New upvoting and downvoting feature on the forums:

Can moderators see the identity of down voters?
    If so, there's nothing really to worry about.

If folks are found to consistantly down vote and give bad reputation for no reason other then being petty, something can be done about it I'm sure.

Personally, I would not worry about reputation until it becomes a proper issue.

Yes, we are able to see everything with votes. Those who spam downvotes or downvote with no reason will be talked to and eventually punished. I will see if we can actually add that to our Code of Conduct. 🙂

• I wouldn't down vote any topics, as Raeve once said, "Peace Love Unity Respect!" So, as a maeve main, I respect all posts, I guess.

• PC

@Maeveinator I don't consider downvoting disrespectful, as long as it is only because you disagree with the post and nothing else

• Switch

@Maeveinator said in New upvoting and downvoting feature on the forums:

as Raeve once said, "Peace Love Unity Respect!" So, as a maeve main, I respect all posts, I guess.

as raeve maeve also said, "thats some funky shit!"

• @Koopakid Holy shit your right, then again she is fighting war.