The Guide to The Wekono's Chosen V2

• PC

@TTraw Ok so you meant Damage reduction with DR..

Ok, didn’t think about this 😅 I will use it instead of the health boost. Thanks.

• @a_a Yep, it's super effective assuming you have ally healed.

If you want to know your Effective Health (as in how much damage you need to take to die while having Damage Reduction) the recipe is:

Health/100%- {DR %}.

With this 1 pointer your Damba's effective health is about 2291 health, which is almost double the HP card. 5 points into this card adds equivalent of 550 additional health, which is just nuts.

• This post is deleted!

• PC

@TTraw Did you see this guide helpful overall?
    Because I am planning to make more guides for more champs in the future.

• I play a bit of Damba so I mostly knew all these things, but it's probably a decent guideline for people struggling to grasp what to choose on damba if they're new.

• PC

@TTraw said in The Guide to The Wekono's Chosen:

but it's probably a decent guideline for people struggling to grasp what to choose on damba if they're new.

Yep wanted it to be for new people, because damba is difficult compared to other supports.

• PC

Done!

• PC

kay I'm not the best damba, and I should have written something about it a little earlier

as this guide is great for beginners, it has several issues

first as long as you're a healer damba, only use spirit's chosen

doing damage is usually better than stunning, stun only if it really helps

the gourd is great to heal somewhere you can't see, a highground higher than you are for exemple
    it's also great cause you can heal 2 places at once
    as you said throwing gourd on wall or stairs will make it bounce^^'
    the gourd is here to help with healing rotation, put it on point and go heal other people, kinda

damba's dash is great, it avoids anything, great for avoiding any ult or huge burst

your ult however I can't agree, it's almost never good to use it to fear a group of enemies and almost always best used to fear only one, either to save yourself or to help an ally to kill someone or to kill him faster

in terms of loadouts

eerie presence 5 is way overkill, 4 is the go to, some run it at 3 if they are very confident in their aim ^^ pros run it at 4 to be sure to always be able to heal even if they miss
    feed the spirits is utterly useless
    50 health is a nice filler
    many gourds is nice
    ritual magic is kinda useless
    I'd suggest to use the card increasing allies speed at lvl 3 or 5
    and to use the damage reduction card at 3-4 depending on the speed card

then about items

never use healing items
    some caut will always be better once you max chronos / deft hands (or 2 lvls them, depends on the game) morale boost almost always better than nimble or master riding on damba (except on huge maps like ice mines maybe) more dr with haven or blast shield is always good no matter what champ you are playing
    even bulldozer can be useful if facing annoying deployables like turrets or luna

• PC

@TangAce Well because I am not a native english speaker (like you maybe idk) I can't mention everything about him, So I made a guide that suits beginners better, also this loadout as I said to TTraw is for focusing on healing and cooldowns, I don't use healing items except the kill to heal item, I use feed the spirits and kill to heal because I get a lot of eliminations. also I use the ultimate for both protecting myself and fearing a group of enemies.

• PC

@a_a

I'm not a native english
    then it's up to you, but it would be good for the guide to modify things a bit, then to maybe suggest things for brand new players, but a guide should really present the best things a champion has to offer

• PC

Updated! (Still cards and postioning)

• The Ultimate is pretty versatile.

You and TangAce are both correct and incorrect on several items.

The ultimate can be used for groups or solo that is not what matters. The position of the teams is what matters. You should be using Damba Ult in the same fashion and PIP Chickens.... If no one can shoot the chickens then its a bad ult.

• TangAce is correct that you can solo ult and kill pretty much anyone in the game but if you are having to do that a bunch you are already failing at positioning your healer correctly. You should not need to be burning your ult just to survive some flank attack.

• This ult is so good vs Term, Fernando, Khan, Vivian as it will make them drop the shield. If they wait to long to shield up you ult them and they die. Ult a Vivian after she puts up her shield will get her killed and out of her ult pretty much most of the time.

• All the talk of ulting to kill people and the one item missed is probably the most valuable.
      Tyra
      Viktor
      Kinessa
      Shalin
      Vivian

Counter Ulting non CC immune champs, totally screws viktor and waste most of Tyras ultimate...

• Ulting to prevent a tank from touching point to win the cap

• TangAce is correct that attacking is better than stunning.
      Damba generates 2.5% ultimate per hit, 10 rounds is 25% of your ultimate charge
      Mending Spirits gives 0.53 ult per second , so 2.65% per 5 seconds
      Gourd does 0.53 per second as well so 1 person is 2.65 per 5 seconds as well
      Damage Gourd gives you 1.12 so 5.6 per 5 seconds

As you can see if you do not attack its going to take an eternity for you ultimate to generate.

• TangAce "feed the spirits is utterly useless"
      This is just bad info, this card is not useless, it is quite good however it depends on your team to take advantage of it.
      If your healing and those people are getting kills, all your cool downs are getting chopped by allot.
      However if your team is not killing things then you are not getting value out of it. The main problem with it is you need to give up some other sustain card to use it , so if your not good at staying alive already this may not be the card for you.
      I dont think damba can afford to run it at a 5 but 3 maybe 4 is pretty good.

The key point here is you dont have to kill anything for this card to work, only heal the correct people at the correct time to get credit for the elimination

• PC

@Shadowpuppy thanks for sharing information. I know that the ult is versatile, but I forgot what is the "more uses" you mentioned, I will include it in the guide.

and I am sure that I missed some important information to include in the guide. 🙄

• @DambaKing No problem , any time... Let me know when it ready to be added to the guides list.

• I look up sometimes for checking tagging/notifications and I follow you, so I found it 🙂
    Life Rip is terrible, especially for supporters. Damba has the least weapon damage. He has low dmg overall and many of them are even from Gourd or Snake Toss, what aren't effected by Lifesteal. So Damba is the worst Life Rip user. Use still put this item into the 'useful' categroy...

Anyways I don't like and never understood this 'recommened item' listing for champions. All of them are depends on the situations and on the actual balance changes on other stuffs, like Master Riding has been buffed, so its useful for everyone.

Snake pit doesn't help damage Damba, at most on lvl 4, since its bonus has been changed quarter of a year ago.

I don't wanna hurt you deeply, but I think guide writing is for realy good palyers like @TTraw or @TangAce. They are master with their champions, not just funs of them.

• PC

@KicsitCsicska said in The Guide to The Wekono's Chosen V2:

Snake pit doesn't help damage Damba, at most on lvl 4, since its bonus has been changed quarter of a year ago.

I know using snake pit seems stupid, and some points in the whole guide seems Weird, This guide is based on my opinion and my play style, I don’t use certain talents and cards the way meta use, I have my own play style, and it works well with me.

@KicsitCsicska said in The Guide to The Wekono's Chosen V2:

I don't wanna hurt you deeply, but I think guide writing is for realy good palyers like @TTraw or @TangAce. They are master with their champions, not just funs of them.

This doesn’t hurt me, I know that my guide is not perfect, and I know that an early damba main can write better than me, it doesn’t matter.

• @KicsitCsicska

00f64c69-b1af-4ac2-abbf-169ad9f798ad-image.png

We have unlimited space for guides, if you believe that you can write a better one, feel free to spend the time writing it.
    I will gladly post it. These are to help those who want to take the time to read them.
    As of now DambaKing is the only one to provide anything for this champ.

I would add that no one plays Lian the way i do but it works and it works well, so you might what to think about not following the meta. Following the meta is only helpful if you are a pro and you play at pro level. I cant play Androxus like a pro so using the meta loadouts doesnt work for shit for me.

Pro's are not reading these guides, these are for new people.

• PC

@Shadowpuppy

following the meta is good also for people aiming to reach top level yaknow, even if they are new

also there can be guides for both new and veteran players
    for exemple after thousands of hours there are still champs that I almost never played and a guide could be helpful
    or for returning players for exemple
    and new players still need quality guides, not noobi guides, if they are looking at a guide they want to improve, telling them how to win in noobi elo won't help them much, is more important improving than winning in low elo

everyone plays however he wants to, but meta is a thing, sure some people will be good enough to actually make offmeta things work and eventually it'll become meta, but these are very experienced players
    And keep in mind that among every player that I've played with or against that were playing their own non meta thingy, very very few were playing good, how many times I've met someone telling me to play a champ this way or this way because dude said "no one does it but it works well" and in the end it of course couldn't work and I could utterly crush em, and I'm not even a good player, just someone who can use his brain a bit

Other than that you can write as many guides as you want as long as it's a good quality

• @TangAce Once again if you know so much, write a better damba guide. If it is in fact a better guide then i will post it above DambaKings as the best guides will always be at the top of the list... Your opinion is valuable, place it in a guide.
    All guides are is opinion based theory on what a player believes to be good. Players can read it and try it and make their own opinion on its value.

I encourage people to add value to the guides section and i do not want this to be a place where people are afraid to add anything because someone like you wants to try and tear them down based on your biased opinion on their ideas.

There can be multiple ideas! Without the need to destroy the other one.

Feel free to checkout my Lian guide on Precision

https://forums.hirezstudios.com/paladins/topic/2747/lian-precison

• If a noob spands his/her time to read a guide about a champion, and you write outdated (Snake Pit 4) and dumb (life steal) things to him/her, you do the dirty on him/her. It's not honest.
    It's like when @Dusklicious wrote a card tier to Barik, and but his most OP card (Duble Time) onto a realy low tier, while it was clearly his best card, and it recived the deserved hardest nerf in his kit.
    I'm not a fun of guides tbh, I rather watch a pro gameplay. Guides can help in slow games, but its realy hard to use a read knowladge in realy time shooting situations.
    I read only one stunning guide in my life, and it was @TTraw 's about Seris. I played as her houndred of hours, but I still found there new and tricky things, like reload animation cut methode(s!!!), wall jump heal, Wormhole Evie counterplay...

You should had wrote about:

-If you are a healer Damba don't rush, get covered, stay alive and heal. Look around! Sometimes a low HP ally hides behind you, you should notice him/her and heal asap!
    -Use Mending Spirit as much as passible. Also use Eerie Presence on high level, coz you will miss.
    -His ult counters all self buff ults without cc immunity bonus, e.g. Tyra's and Buck's.
    -His ult can be exploded in the air by press E again! It gives him much more good situations than if you could just activate it on surfices. E.g. Use it on the round start on the highground on Stone Keep. Above the stairs where they hide.
    -He can start the reload process after healing, so if he suprise attacked he can stun soon, coz he already started to reload.
    -Wekono's Wrath garants an aditional bonus what you cannot find anywhere: it makes his reload able to shot a normal pit just after it! It doesn't work with his other talents. So he has literally 1100 burst dmg! Two of them are enaugh for kill the most champions.
    -Stun damba should never have full magazine! Waste one venom orb for let yourself relaod whenever. Reload is a better combat start than the basic venom orb as a Deft Hands 3 stun Damba.
    -Stun Damba still can be top healer: Play defensively, stay with your team, use Possession V and heal allies all the time for the 20% DR.
    -Stun cancels the shields what the tank have to hold (Fernando's, Makoa's without halfshell), so you can destroy them easily with a stun, what needs a good positioning. It can be dangerous to turn around the sield, so it depends on the situations.
    -Stun isn't big deal alone, its good with allies how can attack the stunned enemy. So stay with your team. If they all rush too far ask the damage dealer to defend you. You can follow them to but not to anywhere, be carfule. The healer's life is the most important.
    -You can stun shielded khan with a perfect aimed toss, coz it has a projectile trajectory, so it can fall onto his head!
    -His self heal card is trash, so better to keep Gourd for yourself, except when you are defended with full HP and the tank need more heal than the Mending Spirit.
    -Watch the enemies' items. Prefer to stun/ult enemies without Resillance!
    -Slither can't help your mobility too much, but it garants instant dmg and cc immunity, so you can use it against tons of things (like Drogoz ult, Seris ult, Lian ult, Term ult...)

Just a short one, what can be useful. I still recommend to watch pros and see it in the real fight actions.