Let's talk about mobility and TTK in paladins

• Switch

oh driddy's here too, hi.

i wasnt playing this game back then so my input doesnt matter. But even though i play on console i would love to see more mobility and less burst get added to the game, because lets be honest, this burst meta shit isnt everyone's favorite

• I think we must delete all damage buffs like tyras hunter mark. give flankers more mobility and less range at damage less damage overall, damagers need damage nerfs too. Tanks are fine except some damage nerfs needed example atlas, Give Supports more Hp more mobility or and self sustain but nerf healing some tanks need hp buffs or better shields

• @V4nah31m said in Let's talk about mobility and TTK in paladins:

I think we must delete all damage buffs like tyras hunter mark. give flankers more mobility and less range at damage less damage overall, damagers need damage nerfs too. Tanks are fine except some damage nerfs needed example atlas, Give Supports more Hp more mobility or and self sustain but nerf healing some tanks need hp buffs or better shields

Yes, completely agree. Especially this Tyra Mark is completely stupid and braindead. There is zero counterplay to it, the entire enemy team knows where someone is AND gets 25% damage boost, that's completely insane. She has her marks up all the time. No idea what HiRez is doing all day but they gotta nerf this shit.

• Yeah hunting party can be a pain to go against but it's her only viable talent above trash tier where everyone is using burn monster no matter the map or mode, but instead of nerfing that it should be reworked entirely imo.
    Maybe give her a speed aura that affects her and nearby allies or only have the damage amp if Tyra is actively firing at the target, that should make it a more active ability and easier to counter rather than a brain-dead press and forget bullseye that screams "shoot me"

• I'd like to mention that aim assist is the worst thing to exist for console and that mobility back in the old days was way more better even on console (personal opinion)

@Pr0j3ct97 said in Let's talk about mobility and TTK in paladins:

I'd like to mention that aim assist is the worst thing to exist for console and that mobility back in the old days was way more better even on console (personal opinion)

2nd.
    Aim assist kills people more than it helps.

• I was completely driven out of playing on console. The performance of the controller was poor and I have a better aiming experience in other games.

The aim assist mechanic that reduces sensitivity when aiming near players threw of my snap aiming and traking a bit much that it made it difficult to follow an airborn target. Bare in mind this was awhile ago. Since then they have made adjustments I have yet to truely get a feel of, but I prefered to play with keyboard and mouse, even with console, and I would strongly recommend ingame information that informs players to trial using keyboard and mouse on some champs that are poor to play without it.

Another point is that the ability to adjust sensitivity was janky. Three variable settings do not provide enough variation to modify sensitivity and should be altered to a slider.

Even when playing with a mouse, the game limits you to playing with the three settings that the controler has, forcing the player to get a mouse with sensitivity adjustmenting features. Having to get a mouse with customizable dpi is also iffy as consoles may or may not support alternating dpi with a particular mouse brand.

And before someone says "play with a controller" I will say no. The game is crossplay now, and keyboard and mouse is an arena shooter must have to play without as much limitations.

• @AYYDIMITRI As someone who would pick a projectile champion over a Viktor or Talus anyday I can confirm that aim assist is only good when it's being used in a argument by a PC player, besides that it's trash and makes me question my skill level because I've missed kills I shouldn't have and gotten some as well. One such example is a TDM where I was Strix and a enemy Maeve managed to sneak up on me while I was busy trying to hit a Lex in the distance and the game violently dragged my crosshairs off the guy I was aiming at and locked onto the poor guy who spent god knows how long to sneak up on me.

But using KB&M against controller users is as bad as hacking because of the massive advantage it gives you, I've once faced a level 8 Cassie who destroyed my whole team repeatedly with a level of accuracy not even players in masters or GM have shown.
    What Hirez needs to do is play something like Apex Legends on console and see how well their settings work, then try to implement that into Paladins, we deserve that much atleast.

• Look, shooters since the 90s have been using KB&M for a good reason, the reactive aim is much better to work with, and pretty much deifine the meta of the game.

If you compare it to hacking.... I simply will laugh... why bother using a controller in a shooter environment, its like a knife to a gun fight.

Which is why I stated... there should be ingame advice that tells you to gravitate to using KB&M for a better game play experience.

(Cause Grover & Evie on Controller were aids asf to play.)

It should common logic to use them to play these sorts of games.
    Why add crossplay with PC if you are going be limited to controller...

Also keyboards and a mouse are cheap asf to purchase, even cheaper then a controller so why not.

The only issue is that the support for the controller and KB&M settings are pretty basic on console.

• One time I tried to play an fps with a controller on my friend's ps4 and I couldn't aim at all , even after some sens adjustments -_-
    I had to use keyboard and mouse, it was much better than controller but idk why it felt weird.
    Moviments were strange, slow, lazy, I thought there was a delay between my mouse moviments and the game moviments... bruh.
    I will never play on console again, even with keyboard and mouse, I have a nintendo switch at home but I will never install an fps on it, I'll just keep playing pokemon xD.
    Btw I agree with @AYYDIMITRI , it is better to play with keyboard and mouse with certain characters, hirez should mention it on the tutorial. You can find a decent mouse even for 40€ , the keyboard doesn't matter , even a 10€ one is fine 🙂
    I repeat, the performance isn't the same of pc, but still better than controller for some characters.
    And crossplay imo is just crap and makes the balancement difficult for every platform.
    There are different metas for each platform, it is impossible to balance them.

• PC

@Driggydrug said in Let's talk about mobility and TTK in paladins:

You can find a decent mouse even for 40€

Even 10€ mouses are fine, I've had mine for two years and works like the first day

• I played on PC with controller movement and a mouse to aim...
    It is clunky asf for the UI to process, often threw my abilities window off screen...
    But not being limited to 45 degree movement was perfect for AA Rukus back in the day.

@AYYDIMITRI Yes yes, PC master race. But you gotta realise that we console potatoes use a controller and don't want aim assist. What you said doesn't bring anything to the discussion, you're basically saying rambling facts that's been done to death by every PC elitist out there.

• PC

@CMS said in Let's talk about mobility and TTK in paladins:

But you gotta realise that we console potatoes use a controller and don't want aim assist

I think he meant that even on console you can play with m&k and that would help with the disadvantage. Also, isn't there an option in game that disables aim assist? I ask because I am not sure

• @CMS the points that I have made are as followed.

• Better variable sensitivity ajustment for controller.

• Alternate sensitivity adjustment system for KB&M on console.

• Advising use of KB&M on characters who perform poorly on Controller as platform / controller should not define the meta of the game.

• UI is janky when using both controller and KB&M simultaniously.

• On the point of aim assist, since it cannot be toggled on and off, it still effects KB&M the same making it annoying to play for projectile champions the same as controller and OP for hitscan on KB&M.

These are my clearly stated issues that ought to be addressed other then the aim assist issue others have previously mentioned, I am making a statement here about other reasons that Driggy has not touched on.

If players wish to play with only other controller users then a setting to limit a persons games to be only partied with controller users would be advised.

Its not a matter of "PC master race" its a about being able to actually play and enjoy champions properly, no matter the platform. Stating that I am rambling pointless facts is a bit rude for a moderator.

• @AYYDIMITRI
    "Top 10 rappers eminem was afraid to diss" xddd

ok no

@AYYDIMITRI
    It just came across as quite rude in my opinion. Having spent the best part of my time gaming being told we're lesser for not using KBM, you'd be more than likely to understand how reading this can see this way, and I get a lot of people telling me the same. (In terms of being stricken down for using a controller. This is why I never go to the Reddit Discord.)

But I wholeheartedly agree. If we could have more customisation to our controls, remove aim assist, stop the jankiness of small movement.

As for the UI mix, it's awful. Currently on PS4, you have to go in and out of the messaging box a few times for it to register, and pressing return a few times too.

Another weird thing for PS4 is that you can't actually use a keyboard and mouse unless you're playing bots.

But this is less of the point. If we can get these well rounded options for controllers going, we'd be at a better point for mobility to make a return. At the moment, it's in a really bad spot, since aiming really feels like it's on 2 axis, instead of freedom to aim where you like.

In the Discord Q&A, we clearly asked a few times about aim assist being removed too. The first 2 responses we got were something about Gyro which made no sense, then changing settings in gyro, and then the third one, we got shut down, saying they're never going to remove aim assist or give us the option, which really hurt.

• @AYYDIMITRI You're not getting the point here mate, people who prefer KB&M have PC and people who prefer controller have consoles. Using controller on PC is possible as well afaik but you're putting yourself at a disadvantage there but it's your choice where as using KB&M on console FPS games is giving yourself a unfair advantage against players using the controller on the platform it was made for hence the comparison to a hacker.

We don't exactly like the Paladins experience on console either but the way to fix it is to work on improving the aim settings, not to use PC accessories

• PC

@CMS said in Let's talk about mobility and TTK in paladins:

we got shut down, saying they're never going to remove aim assist or give us the option, which really hurt.

How about making a survey asking console players if they want aim assist to be removed or to have an option to disable it? Maybe if many people answer em decides to reconsider it

• @OriginalEquinox
    I understand your point clearly.
    But you are failing to understand mine here.

This game is created and balenced on PC with the performace of the KB&M control system, and should be advised to be played as such.

If you want to play on controller with only others who use a controller, then that is something that should be toggleable in settings or detected and locked in when you que for a game, putting you in a lobby with controller users, no matter the platform.

The platform should not define the Meta of the game and the power if its champs by limiting the control system.

People who would like to play the game at the level of PC play should not have to fork out to purchase a PC when their console runs the game just as well.

This is not some stint over performance advantage.
    I want to expand the PC playerbase by allowing consoles the option to connect with PC players and perform just well without the frustrations from the limited settings.