Tips to improve at playing frontline

• When I'm playing Frontline, my Support should be actively healing me while being protected by me. I shouldn't have to "let them". Additionally, my Support should know to seek cover when my shield is down. Always keep your eyes open and your head on a swivel.

• PC

@Conrad_Max said in Tips to improve at playing frontline:

When I'm playing Frontline, my Support should be actively healing me while being protected by me. I shouldn't have to "let them". Additionally, my Support should know to seek cover when my shield is down. Always keep your eyes open and your head on a swivel.

I think what he's saying is to make it easier for your support. If the front is in a bad spot for healing then your support will be forced to go to a possibly more risky position. Personally I'm an active support so I don't mind moving around - It's much more fun that way albeit much more risky.

• I'm proud of you to make a "tips to get better" at playing tank from my personnal ideas to improve at playing support. I enjoyed reading it and I hope it will help more people. Kisses from MAurora :3

• Everyone should read the "LET YOUR SUPPORT HEAL YOU" part

• Obviously you just need to go in 1 vs 5, and when you die start spamming "Need healing" and trash the healer for not doing his job. 😛

Great tips.

• I am not here to hold your hand,
    And you and not here to hold mine.
    But we have to work together to get through this.
    So form up on me, keep me covered.

I am not here to just eat bullets...
    I AM HERE TO WASTE THEIR TIME WITH STYLE...
    I waste their time for you...
    I make a firing line for you...
    How can they attack you...WHEN THEY ARE FORCED TO DEAL WITH ME!!!

Distraction is a big resourse and each Front Line can waste the enemy time in some serious ways, biding your team time to fight with some advantages...

I stand in the way of things that would kill you so they won't end up being used on you, this is why tanks have so much HP and always like to be topped up by support regeneration dynamics.

• PC

I'll add one, Barik specific:

Jump before using your ult. That way, during most of the channeling time placing the Dome Shield, you'll be falling from mid-air. It makes you less vulnerable during it.

• PC

ah that's pretty good tips

would you be able to make the same for other roles? It'd go well along my role guide I think

• PC

@TangAce said in Tips to improve at playing frontline:

ah that's pretty good tips

would you be able to make the same for other roles? It'd go well along my role guide I think

Somebody else made one for support.

As for the other two roles I might be able to make one for damage, but I don't play that many damage champions (mainly just fill pick Vik and Tyra and play Nessa once in a while). I can definitely say without a doubt that I cannot in any degree of good faith do one for flanks because I'm absolutely terrible at flanking... 😆

• PC

@Dusklicious

You don't need to be good at it. What's the saying? "Those who can't do teach".

A general guide should be easy enough. Being unpredictable, target prioritization, survival that type of stuff. At least half of flankers problems is going after the wrong targets.

The issue is many of the flankers require different styles because of their mobility differences so going in depth won't work well. A general damage guide would also have this issue.

Maybe you could create two sections - one for higher mobility (Evie/Maeve) vs the more damage style (Skye/Koga).

PS: No, I'm not gonna do it 🙂

• PC

@DaddyOoker said in Tips to improve at playing frontline:

@Dusklicious

You don't need to be good at it. What's the saying? "Those who can't do teach".

A general guide should be easy enough. Being unpredictable, target prioritization, survival that type of stuff. At least half of flankers problems is going after the wrong targets.

The issue is many of the flankers require different styles because of their mobility differences so going in depth won't work well. A general damage guide would also have this issue.

Maybe you could create two sections - one for higher mobility (Evie/Maeve) vs the more damage style (Skye/Koga).

PS: No, I'm not gonna do it 🙂

I don't play flanks pretty much at all though, so what insight could I possibly offer, considering I have little knowledge of how to play the role? 😆 It would make more sense for somebody who actually plays flanks and can do it reasonably well to do the guide for that role. Even Damage champions are iffy for me to an extent considering that Damage kind of encompasses a variety of different types of champions, some of which I have no idea how to play properly (Blasters).