Can we rework Maeve?

• PC

That poor kitten has a very loud and slow prowl that makes everyone know where she is, her rmb does almost no damage, id rather use my normal attack and q resets 2 bad abilities and only heal a little.
    At least if Maeve can't be as powerful as she used to be when she was added to the game, why can't we just rework her and give her a few tricks. The new abilities can be nothing like the current ones, hirez should just make sure to keep them related to her lore.

• She doesn't need a rework, just old midnight and speed buffs.

• I have wanted to see what survivability Maeve would posess with stealth on prowl, instead of adding damage to every talent due to the nature of needing to land a combo.

Prowl is loud and automattically screams to players the general location of Maeve, however with stealth, with the option to reset the ability it would give her some really long stealth time to cover a lot of distance as well as air time and mobility while stealth would allow for better escape if used effectivly.

On top of that if Midnight was mitigated by Illuminate instead of resiliance by increasing the distance and players can see instead of duration of midnight, players can use illuminate to armour vs midnight for ult purposes rather then becomming immune to the effect via anti cc.

Just my thoughts on possible game play alterations.

• PC

@Maeveinator Midnight could be cool if it was affected by illuminate instead of resilience like @AYYDIMITRI said. Yet i think it would be nice to rework her a bit.

Imagine using Q to dash fast behind an enemy and instantly turn 180 degrees and stab him for x damage (idk like 600?). I also just thought that after this to have time for another shot and have another big dash that doesn't do damage but got pretty long range, but im not sure.
    The indicator for Q would be like Seris or IO's healing one, it wouldnt need Aim.

IMO Prowl should be silent and you should use it whenever you want. Since Maeve's design is a cat, she should seek mices quietly then jump on them, so as it is in the trailer, you should be able to also jump higher in Prowl, or directly dash on walls stick to them when aiming to them and double jumping. If she stays there for more than 2S without throwing knives or moving she would become invisible. Of course this change needs hirez to fix the interaction with walls in general. It would also be nice to stay above walls, the ones that currently make you slide down like the ones around jaguar falls.

Pounce doesn't do much damage anyway, so let it stay a movement ability. Not interracting with Enemies while using it would give a lot of opportunities. I think it should get increased range and if touching the ground or walls it should bounce you and travel 35% more distance in the direction you dashed. If its used on the floor it should give her a high jump, then you would also be able to jump once, not twice, so her passive, double jump would make sense.

Those changes would make her more tricky and more fun to play with in general. I just hope it would work in Diamond too.
    All her talents should be deleted with it, instead of rogue's gambit i guess, it would let Maeve escape with the new long distance pounce.
    Just imagine bouncy Maeve that dashes everywhere and hunts mices.

• Speaking of her prowl ability, I feel sorry for anyone who uses her Street Style skin lol, you can hear it coming from a mile away.

As for reworks I've been thinking of how it'll be if they made her Artful Dodger talent similar to Cassie's Extraction where landing a hit within a few seconds of using Pounce will reset it, though they might have to remove the damage as well as the pounce heal card or nerf it a bit.

• PC

@OriginalEquinox nerf even more? Man...

I think her abilities just need to be changed since she is either op af or weak af.
    Hirez should stop balancing the game exclusively for silvers.

• @OriginalEquinox actually they reduced the sound it makes, dont know if its a big difference or not. I personally use street style a lot, and i love the prowl tune.

• @Maeveinator have you heard it when she's on the enemy team? Though it's possible it could be a PS4 bug and was fixed recently (doubtful), haven't been active much lately to find out

• Switch

i rarely play at maeve but i agree, prowl is a little loud

• Bro maeve is in a rlly good spot rn
    Ppl who says she isnt arent good with her

• PC

@Carlolrac555 Her playstyle is just not satisfying enough and very cursed.

• @EinMeister in what way is her playstyle not satisfying?

Guys read this: maeve is the most mobile champion in the whole game (evie hasnt got extra speed nor double jump, the only thing that makes her mobile is wormhole and wormhole is ez to counter

Also tanks are supposed to counter flankers cuz flankers need to come close to actually dmg someone, maeve has got an insane range and has no dmg dropoff whatsoever her knives have a lot of speed so its not like evie's blast

Maeve is an unique champion because of the fact that shes got a big range if theres some champion to complain of then it surely shoudnt be maeve just think of any flanker stronger than her

• My two standard bans atm are Maeve and Imani. I ban the champs I am most uncomfortable to play against. Maeve can be extremely effective. With Dredge it absolutely sucks to play against her. With Drogoz I prefer an Androxus over a Maeve. Only flank stronger than Maeve is Evie but only if the player is at least diamond skill with her and that's very rare so I ban Maeve instead.

• PC

prowl a bit loud yes
    then imo she should have a reduction in heal/dmg reduction cards and an increase in speed cards
    she already has a super tiny hitbox, she doesn't need all that sustain
    also a rework on cat burglar would be so good, it gives her too much burst

• They need to bring back the old Midnight, an Evie using Ice block and good bye Midgnith, the same with maaaaany characters like damba, Seris, etc. An ability who makes you anti-CC for less than a second and midnight is useless againts him/her

• PC

@HIZAKI-PRINCESS
    but it's good we can counter midnight, instead of just spending all this time doing nothing or dying
    reveal should also be counted as CC for the same reason

• imagine a wall run mechanic for her.

• PC

@Maeveinator
    I was thinking about it for skye tho

• PC

@M3RC3N4RI0 Dredge? Are you gold?

• @Carlolrac555 said in Can we rework Maeve?:

@EinMeister in what way is her playstyle not satisfying?

Guys read this: maeve is the most mobile champion in the whole game (evie hasnt got extra speed nor double jump, the only thing that makes her mobile is wormhole and wormhole is ez to counter

Also tanks are supposed to counter flankers cuz flankers need to come close to actually dmg someone, maeve has got an insane range and has no dmg dropoff whatsoever her knives have a lot of speed so its not like evie's blast

Maeve is an unique champion because of the fact that shes got a big range if theres some champion to complain of then it surely shoudnt be maeve just think of any flanker stronger than her

Totaly agree with this. Maybe you guys play Maeve wrong.

Maeve used to be close range flanker based on combo procasts, now she is multirange champion, that can easely soft enemy up from far away as well as do massive combo (not as massive as it used to be,but still around 2k damage in few seconds).

Yes prowl is loud, and i dont see any problem here, it would be really imbalance if it was silent, Maeve would be just Jack of all trades champion, i dont want that. Prowl is not instument of stealthy flanking, its more like way to break the distance fast in the way you need it: run away or... chase down your victim. He listen to that loud sound come closer and closer every moment, like a victim of serial killer in horor movies.. priceless 🙂

upd. just tested out one thing. Predation 3-5 works very nice if you want to go fast and silent into enemy backline.. predation 5 is actualy silenced prowl LUL. it costed some lack of self healing which is good because still dont wanna jack of all trades champ.

• @TangAce said in Can we rework Maeve?:

also a rework on cat burglar would be so good, it gives her too much burst

I don't know, been trying cat burglar Maeve and although it does giver her a big burst it still lower than other champions
    coughMoji can burst down Inara in 3secscough