Can we rework Maeve?

• Bro maeve is in a rlly good spot rn
    Ppl who says she isnt arent good with her

• PC

@Carlolrac555 Her playstyle is just not satisfying enough and very cursed.

• @EinMeister in what way is her playstyle not satisfying?

Guys read this: maeve is the most mobile champion in the whole game (evie hasnt got extra speed nor double jump, the only thing that makes her mobile is wormhole and wormhole is ez to counter

Also tanks are supposed to counter flankers cuz flankers need to come close to actually dmg someone, maeve has got an insane range and has no dmg dropoff whatsoever her knives have a lot of speed so its not like evie's blast

Maeve is an unique champion because of the fact that shes got a big range if theres some champion to complain of then it surely shoudnt be maeve just think of any flanker stronger than her

• My two standard bans atm are Maeve and Imani. I ban the champs I am most uncomfortable to play against. Maeve can be extremely effective. With Dredge it absolutely sucks to play against her. With Drogoz I prefer an Androxus over a Maeve. Only flank stronger than Maeve is Evie but only if the player is at least diamond skill with her and that's very rare so I ban Maeve instead.

• PC

prowl a bit loud yes
    then imo she should have a reduction in heal/dmg reduction cards and an increase in speed cards
    she already has a super tiny hitbox, she doesn't need all that sustain
    also a rework on cat burglar would be so good, it gives her too much burst

• They need to bring back the old Midnight, an Evie using Ice block and good bye Midgnith, the same with maaaaany characters like damba, Seris, etc. An ability who makes you anti-CC for less than a second and midnight is useless againts him/her

• PC

@HIZAKI-PRINCESS
    but it's good we can counter midnight, instead of just spending all this time doing nothing or dying
    reveal should also be counted as CC for the same reason

• imagine a wall run mechanic for her.

• PC

@Maeveinator
    I was thinking about it for skye tho

• PC

@M3RC3N4RI0 Dredge? Are you gold?

• @Carlolrac555 said in Can we rework Maeve?:

@EinMeister in what way is her playstyle not satisfying?

Guys read this: maeve is the most mobile champion in the whole game (evie hasnt got extra speed nor double jump, the only thing that makes her mobile is wormhole and wormhole is ez to counter

Also tanks are supposed to counter flankers cuz flankers need to come close to actually dmg someone, maeve has got an insane range and has no dmg dropoff whatsoever her knives have a lot of speed so its not like evie's blast

Maeve is an unique champion because of the fact that shes got a big range if theres some champion to complain of then it surely shoudnt be maeve just think of any flanker stronger than her

Totaly agree with this. Maybe you guys play Maeve wrong.

Maeve used to be close range flanker based on combo procasts, now she is multirange champion, that can easely soft enemy up from far away as well as do massive combo (not as massive as it used to be,but still around 2k damage in few seconds).

Yes prowl is loud, and i dont see any problem here, it would be really imbalance if it was silent, Maeve would be just Jack of all trades champion, i dont want that. Prowl is not instument of stealthy flanking, its more like way to break the distance fast in the way you need it: run away or... chase down your victim. He listen to that loud sound come closer and closer every moment, like a victim of serial killer in horor movies.. priceless 🙂

upd. just tested out one thing. Predation 3-5 works very nice if you want to go fast and silent into enemy backline.. predation 5 is actualy silenced prowl LUL. it costed some lack of self healing which is good because still dont wanna jack of all trades champ.

• @TangAce said in Can we rework Maeve?:

also a rework on cat burglar would be so good, it gives her too much burst

I don't know, been trying cat burglar Maeve and although it does giver her a big burst it still lower than other champions
    coughMoji can burst down Inara in 3secscough

• PC

@Gao-Shun
    maeve as mobility, tiny hitbox, good poke damage, damage reduction...she doesn't need that burst
    plus cat burglar is highly unfair, she can one shot combo any damage/ flank, as long as she doesn't miss the 2 first daggers, the dash will reset her aim so she won't miss the next 2

but she shouldn't have damage reduction, no other champ than tanks should have dr, it's op af
    the other day I was playing maeve, enemy had a vik cardio with 25% dr, healed by Io with 25% dr, with haven 3 (21% dr) if you consider the dr plus healing, even with caut 3 I couldn't deal any damage, daggers dealt around 150, so basically he was getting healed as much as I was doing damage
    this shouldn't be possible

@Gao-Shun
    maeve as mobility, tiny hitbox, good poke damage, damage reduction...she doesn't need that burst
    plus cat burglar is highly unfair, she can one shot combo any damage/ flank, as long as she doesn't miss the 2 first daggers, the dash will reset her aim so she won't miss the next 2

but she shouldn't have damage reduction, no other champ than tanks should have dr, it's op af
    the other day I was playing maeve, enemy had a vik cardio with 25% dr, healed by Io with 25% dr, with haven 3 (21% dr) if you consider the dr plus healing, even with caut 3 I couldn't deal any damage, daggers dealt around 150, so basically he was getting healed as much as I was doing damage

I understand her burst is high as I am currently practicing with her I just want Moji to also get a lower burst.
    Moji has a higher burst than BK atm. Your example of a full DR Viktor? she would melt him in seconds before Vik can react.

• PC

@Gao-Shun

moji is so easy to kill....and she doesn't have any poke damage and a bad mobility...
    vik would have killed moji before she can even get in range to kill him, and if vik starts running, no way moji can kill him, doesn't even need the dr

@Gao-Shun

moji is so easy to kill....and she doesn't have any poke damage and a bad mobility...
    vik would have killed moji before she can even get in range to kill him, and if vik starts running, no way moji can kill him, doesn't even need the dr

Depends on the map. You could say this is long range maps like Frozen Guard.
    In close range map, Viktor's damage can't win against Moji's burst. 1.5k dmg/sec is one of the highest if not the highest burst in the game.
    Not trying to derail the conversation, I agree Maeve needs some DR nerf and a tiny burst nerf on Cat burglar
    But Moji just have too much burst, just stopwatch her bursting an Ash or an Inara and compare it with other champions

@Gao-Shun

@Nero-di-seppia said in Can we rework Maeve?:

@TangAce fully agree with you, dr cards for flankers and damagers are kind of unfair, but if they get removed then the general sustain and HP needs to be higher, considering how high is burst in this game.
    I prefer longer fights against more resilient targets over unfair fights where meave presses 1 button to get DR and rape you.
    I would also like to add, that DR cards dominate every loadout for every character.
    Removing them will probably create more diversity 🙂

The only thing bad about removing damage reduction is the burst meta. It's fine to remove them from damage champions, because damage champions are usually near the support and can get healing. Flankers don't really have that option. Especially going against people like a UU Strix that can burst for 2600, which is more health than flankers even have. Their only option for going against that is damage reduction. The only thing is to limit Maeve's damage reduction. Not even Buck has as much damage reduction as Maeve, and Buck is supposed to be a tanky flank to make up for his massive hit box.

Maeve needs a slight nerf. Nerf Street Justice because flanks shouldn't be able to melt tanks. Nerf Cat Burglar to only 15% increased damage. LIke TangAce said, Maeve has mobility, damage reduction, and a small hit box, she doesn't need that much damage. Especially since she can poke at any range, and her projectiles are fast, unlike Evie's slow projectiles. Also, Evie only has like 1 move to damage, 2 moves if you count her ult. Maeve has 2 moves to damage, and her base attack is more than Evie's (with Cat Burglar), plus her pounce can also be more (with Street Justice).

@Gao-Shun

Moji needs a rework. She's basically a close range damage. She has a large hit box, and poor mobility. She's anything but a flanker.

• PC

if you think moji kills viktor in 1v1, you never tried it lmao, I played some moji, any damage can kill her without any problem
    I agree she's troublesome if you let her do whatever she wants (moji appears to be meta in silver/low gold) but fi you are just a bit careful, she's not hard to deal with
    then viktor without any ability will kill moji faster than moji kills him^^' just cause headshot power (I know that since I'm doing it all the time on console ranked, moji is super easy to deal with as viktor

the damage reduction shouldn't be a thing even for flanks, flanks are working in pair with an offtank, and are supposed to have the mobility to fight at a closer range than a damage, more dangerous but you can dash in dash out to finish a kill
    then yeah the burst meta, it would be really simple to fix, nerf cassie blast shot (add a delay between shot and blast) and rework lian (no one likes either presence or autoaim) nerf bk a bit (this was asked for months by high elo players) and properly rework bad design champs like torv / skye / moji / tyra
    then but apparently it's planned already, nerf the tanks damage output

please give some love to our flankers, fix all these bugs killing us every game

anyway you can already have dr with haven and blast shield...no need to have cards for this, as said it is in every meta loadout cause it's downright op

if you think moji kills viktor in 1v1, you never tried it lmao, I played some moji, any damage can kill her without any problem
    I agree she's troublesome if you let her do whatever she wants (moji appears to be meta in silver/low gold) but fi you are just a bit careful, she's not hard to deal with
    then viktor without any ability will kill moji faster than moji kills him^^' just cause headshot power (I know that since I'm doing it all the time on console ranked, moji is super easy to deal with as viktor

I did try some Moji, yes she is squishy but anyone within her range dies almost instantly.
    if I spot her from a long distance Viktor wins, but if we meet in her range she deletes Vik with ease. In maps like Brightmarsh, or Bazaar to some extent Moji really excels. 1.5k damage/sec is not something to laugh about

the damage reduction shouldn't be a thing even for flanks, flanks are working in pair with an offtank, and are supposed to have the mobility to fight at a closer range than a damage, more dangerous but you can dash in dash out to finish a kill
    then yeah the burst meta, it would be really simple to fix, nerf cassie blast shot (add a delay between shot and blast) and rework lian (no one likes either presence or autoaim) nerf bk a bit (this was asked for months by high elo players) and properly rework bad design champs like torv / skye / moji / tyra
    then but apparently it's planned already, nerf the tanks damage output

please give some love to our flankers, fix all these bugs killing us every game

anyway you can already have dr with haven and blast shield...no need to have cards for this, as said it is in every meta loadout cause it's downright op

Agreed about the rest, and don't forget Strix's Unauthorized Use burst.