Can we rework Maeve?

• @TangAce said in Can we rework Maeve?:

@Gao-Shun

moji is so easy to kill....and she doesn't have any poke damage and a bad mobility...
    vik would have killed moji before she can even get in range to kill him, and if vik starts running, no way moji can kill him, doesn't even need the dr

Depends on the map. You could say this is long range maps like Frozen Guard.
    In close range map, Viktor's damage can't win against Moji's burst. 1.5k dmg/sec is one of the highest if not the highest burst in the game.
    Not trying to derail the conversation, I agree Maeve needs some DR nerf and a tiny burst nerf on Cat burglar
    But Moji just have too much burst, just stopwatch her bursting an Ash or an Inara and compare it with other champions

• @TangAce fully agree with you, dr cards for flankers and damagers are kind of unfair, but if they get removed then the general sustain and HP needs to be higher, considering how high is burst in this game.
    I prefer longer fights against more resilient targets over unfair fights where meave presses 1 button to get DR and rape you.
    I would also like to add, that DR cards dominate every loadout for every character.
    Removing them will probably create more diversity 🙂

@Gao-Shun
    maeve as mobility, tiny hitbox, good poke damage, damage reduction...she doesn't need that burst
    plus cat burglar is highly unfair, she can one shot combo any damage/ flank, as long as she doesn't miss the 2 first daggers, the dash will reset her aim so she won't miss the next 2

but she shouldn't have damage reduction, no other champ than tanks should have dr, it's op af
    the other day I was playing maeve, enemy had a vik cardio with 25% dr, healed by Io with 25% dr, with haven 3 (21% dr) if you consider the dr plus healing, even with caut 3 I couldn't deal any damage, daggers dealt around 150, so basically he was getting healed as much as I was doing damage
    this shouldn't be possible

@Nero-di-seppia said in Can we rework Maeve?:

@TangAce fully agree with you, dr cards for flankers and damagers are kind of unfair, but if they get removed then the general sustain and HP needs to be higher, considering how high is burst in this game.
    I prefer longer fights against more resilient targets over unfair fights where meave presses 1 button to get DR and rape you.
    I would also like to add, that DR cards dominate every loadout for every character.
    Removing them will probably create more diversity 🙂

The only thing bad about removing damage reduction is the burst meta. It's fine to remove them from damage champions, because damage champions are usually near the support and can get healing. Flankers don't really have that option. Especially going against people like a UU Strix that can burst for 2600, which is more health than flankers even have. Their only option for going against that is damage reduction. The only thing is to limit Maeve's damage reduction. Not even Buck has as much damage reduction as Maeve, and Buck is supposed to be a tanky flank to make up for his massive hit box.

Maeve needs a slight nerf. Nerf Street Justice because flanks shouldn't be able to melt tanks. Nerf Cat Burglar to only 15% increased damage. LIke TangAce said, Maeve has mobility, damage reduction, and a small hit box, she doesn't need that much damage. Especially since she can poke at any range, and her projectiles are fast, unlike Evie's slow projectiles. Also, Evie only has like 1 move to damage, 2 moves if you count her ult. Maeve has 2 moves to damage, and her base attack is more than Evie's (with Cat Burglar), plus her pounce can also be more (with Street Justice).

@Gao-Shun

moji is so easy to kill....and she doesn't have any poke damage and a bad mobility...
    vik would have killed moji before she can even get in range to kill him, and if vik starts running, no way moji can kill him, doesn't even need the dr

Moji needs a rework. She's basically a close range damage. She has a large hit box, and poor mobility. She's anything but a flanker.

• PC

if you think moji kills viktor in 1v1, you never tried it lmao, I played some moji, any damage can kill her without any problem
    I agree she's troublesome if you let her do whatever she wants (moji appears to be meta in silver/low gold) but fi you are just a bit careful, she's not hard to deal with
    then viktor without any ability will kill moji faster than moji kills him^^' just cause headshot power (I know that since I'm doing it all the time on console ranked, moji is super easy to deal with as viktor

the damage reduction shouldn't be a thing even for flanks, flanks are working in pair with an offtank, and are supposed to have the mobility to fight at a closer range than a damage, more dangerous but you can dash in dash out to finish a kill
    then yeah the burst meta, it would be really simple to fix, nerf cassie blast shot (add a delay between shot and blast) and rework lian (no one likes either presence or autoaim) nerf bk a bit (this was asked for months by high elo players) and properly rework bad design champs like torv / skye / moji / tyra
    then but apparently it's planned already, nerf the tanks damage output

please give some love to our flankers, fix all these bugs killing us every game

anyway you can already have dr with haven and blast shield...no need to have cards for this, as said it is in every meta loadout cause it's downright op

if you think moji kills viktor in 1v1, you never tried it lmao, I played some moji, any damage can kill her without any problem
    I agree she's troublesome if you let her do whatever she wants (moji appears to be meta in silver/low gold) but fi you are just a bit careful, she's not hard to deal with
    then viktor without any ability will kill moji faster than moji kills him^^' just cause headshot power (I know that since I'm doing it all the time on console ranked, moji is super easy to deal with as viktor

I did try some Moji, yes she is squishy but anyone within her range dies almost instantly.
    if I spot her from a long distance Viktor wins, but if we meet in her range she deletes Vik with ease. In maps like Brightmarsh, or Bazaar to some extent Moji really excels. 1.5k damage/sec is not something to laugh about

the damage reduction shouldn't be a thing even for flanks, flanks are working in pair with an offtank, and are supposed to have the mobility to fight at a closer range than a damage, more dangerous but you can dash in dash out to finish a kill
    then yeah the burst meta, it would be really simple to fix, nerf cassie blast shot (add a delay between shot and blast) and rework lian (no one likes either presence or autoaim) nerf bk a bit (this was asked for months by high elo players) and properly rework bad design champs like torv / skye / moji / tyra
    then but apparently it's planned already, nerf the tanks damage output

please give some love to our flankers, fix all these bugs killing us every game

anyway you can already have dr with haven and blast shield...no need to have cards for this, as said it is in every meta loadout cause it's downright op

Agreed about the rest, and don't forget Strix's Unauthorized Use burst.

• Delete the stupid character, dps characters should do more damage then healers fine, but i was jenos just then she creamed the whole team (sure most of my team were throwing but jesus christ) apart from her bullying me (i was using jenos) i finally got situations where she was low on hp because i sniped her from afar, used the grab to try finish her off, not only did the grab not finish her off she did killed me and i had MORE hp then her.....seriously wtf hi-rez??

if this was moira on overwatch she'd be dead, how on earth i can't finish her off, i don't care if i'm a healer thats just b.s
    plus the grab omg it should insta kill stop letting these flankers use dash moves to escape. Even androxus is full of sh*t, you can't just stick your hands out and be insta invincible with (and you can even animation cancel so you die but you can't even touch him...basically an exploit/cheat) the grab should kill him in that mode

even genji from overwatch can't deflect all moves energy moves kill him/ grabs or any moves that pull them up then slam them down kills him during deflect, healers need more ability to defend themselves.

• @U1222201596 said in Can we rework Maeve?:

Delete the stupid character, dps characters should do more damage then healers fine, but i was jenos just then she creamed the whole team (sure most of my team were throwing but jesus christ) apart from her bullying me (i was using jenos) i finally got situations where she was low on hp because i sniped her from afar, used the grab to try finish her off, not only did the grab not finish her off she did killed me and i had MORE hp then her.....seriously wtf hi-rez??

if this was moira on overwatch she'd be dead, how on earth i can't finish her off, i don't care if i'm a healer thats just b.s
    plus the grab omg it should insta kill stop letting these flankers use dash moves to escape. Even androxus is full of sh*t, you can't just stick your hands out and be insta invincible with (and you can even animation cancel so you die but you can't even touch him...basically an exploit/cheat) the grab should kill him in that mode

even genji from overwatch can't deflect all moves energy moves kill him/ grabs or any moves that pull them up then slam them down kills him during deflect, healers need more ability to defend themselves.

Personally I think the problem here is more that healers are too weak in terms of DPS (and too strong in terms of heals). Obviously in the current state healers are basically healbots that suck at 1v1ing things. But Maeve is definitely one of the strongest 1v1ers in the game.

Also, Genji is like Maeve on crack. He can fly AND reflect oncoming attacks, AND his ult just teamwipes people.

• @taikonaut said in Can we rework Maeve?:

@U1222201596 said in Can we rework Maeve?:

Delete the stupid character, dps characters should do more damage then healers fine, but i was jenos just then she creamed the whole team (sure most of my team were throwing but jesus christ) apart from her bullying me (i was using jenos) i finally got situations where she was low on hp because i sniped her from afar, used the grab to try finish her off, not only did the grab not finish her off she did killed me and i had MORE hp then her.....seriously wtf hi-rez??

Personally I think the problem here is more that healers are too weak in terms of DPS (and too strong in terms of heals). Obviously in the current state healers are basically healbots that suck at 1v1ing things. But Maeve is definitely one of the strongest 1v1ers in the game.

Also, Genji is like Maeve on crack. He can fly AND reflect oncoming attacks, AND his ult just teamwipes people.

genji is powerful true but he CAN'T fly, maeve can, she's losing and suddenly she wave dashes off somewhere where you can't keep up, genji has ONE linear dash if you can't hide during that time you're dead AND can't use normal moves to combo, all maeves moves are able to combo into one damage like its street fighter, then she dances off so easily, you get one dash on genji and thats it unless you kill someone.

just played another game and jesus christ more b.s the androxus animation cancel to shoot, this guy was shooting a pistol like its a machine gun, and tracks like his hacking, but if you're lucky and might get him close to death, his sticks out his jazz hands then you die ...YEP....you die AS his hands are up.......wtf?? glitch/animation cancel, i dont' care what you call it.

Delete invincibility that is just dumb and cheap, you're winning, he does a move to stop death and insta kills you during the move, thats not kinda of cheating thats Blatantly CHEATING

• I definitely agree that invulnerability is bad gameplay design. I also hate invisibility.