Champion Overview: Io

• She already has 2 viable talents, thanks for the Goddess' Blessing buff in the PTS where she covered up. Literally nobody uses sacrifice. I think it1s because Ghrok's old similar talent didn't consume anythink, but this talent consumes her Luna, what is a huge loss for her. She is still an ez target after she saved by Luna. I suggest to change it's Health mechanic: io gain Luna's remaining Health when Luna sacrifices itself. It could garant 100% Health for Io what could be enaugh.

She hasn't got any OP cards what is always used I think, but she definitly has weak cards:
    Moonwalker is much weaker than Skyewalker, cuz you can shoot all the time for the card bonus but you can't heal all the time for the same bonus, coz it needs allies nearby and when you are flying fast you won't have them in range constantly. And heal needs some aim, while blind shooting doesn't. So I suggest to buff its level 1 bonus from 50% to 70%. So she could fly up with the level 5 card 🙂
    Half Moon is also realy weak, we have Crescent for reduce the cd when we realy need it. But Io can't jump up onto realy high fields. This card could solve this problem and fill the gap: Lunar Leap flys up {20|20}% higher. It also could be realy nice combinated with the Skywalker card.
    Feral Strength makes no sense, cuz bulldozer will still able to destroy Luna. I suggest to double its scaling.

• No one uses Sacrifice on Io because Io sucks without Luna. Sure you didn't die, but you're back without Luna who gives you utility with stuns and extra damage.

Base Kit

Reduce the cooldown on Luna from 18s-->15s. Reduce her stun cooldown from 15s-->12s.

Talents

Replace Life Link and Sacrifice as talents, but maybe put a nerfed Life Link into her base kit (healing from 300s-->150s). Replace them with a damage and a stun talent. Leap of Faith: What? I think it's a cute little name for this talent. Anyway, the talent would be: Io's bow does 15% bonus damage for 3 seconds after using Lunar Leap. Sic 'em Luna: Not apologizing for this one either. Luna's stun cooldown is decreased by 50% and her stun time is increased by 50% (12s-->6s and 1s-->1.5s).

As for what you said... Luna's health is fine. The problem is that she can get destroyed by burst damage + bulldozer, while having a long ass cooldown.

• @HeartQueen You didn't gave any reasons for replace her talents... Luna's HP is fine, only her HP buffer card is weak. You suggested to buff Luna also for unknown reason, but it would make killing it even more important. It's still worth to attack Luna, at most if it can heal too.

• @KicsitCsicska said in Champion Overview: Io:

@HeartQueen You didn'r gave any reasons for replace her talents... Luna's HP is fine, only her HP buffer card is weak. You suggested to buff Luna also for unknown reason, but it would make killing it even more important. It still worth to attack Luna, at most if it can heal too.

Sacrifice needs to be replaced because no one is using it, and for a good reason. You have a talent that allows you to come back, but you get rid of Luna for the 18s cooldown (or 15s if you get that card maxed out). Luna is where your utility is, your extra damage, and sometimes extra healing. Why would you come back without that? That's why no one uses it.

As for why replace the other talent, meh, wI don't have a reason other than my talents are better. (sticks out tongue)

Killing Luna being more important would be fine because she would comeback quicker, and she's not made of paper, like Grohk's totem, so she wouldn't die so easily. Especially with the nerf to bulldozer coming up.

• The only thing that's really stupid about Io is the randomness of the dog stun. The dog can literally chase you down throgh the whole map, into the air, anywhere, to stun you. If I play Evie and crazily Soar around wiggling left and right, the dog will still stun me even though I'm far up in the air. You can't predict when it will stun you and how far it can chase you down. If they reworked it somehow it'd be quite nice so one could at least react before it stuns.

• PC

@schachmaty said in Champion Overview: Io:

The only thing that's really stupid about Io is the randomness of the dog stun. The dog can literally chase you down throgh the whole map, into the air, anywhere, to stun you. If I play Evie and crazily Soar around wiggling left and right, the dog will still stun me even though I'm far up in the air. You can't predict when it will stun you and how far it can chase you down. If they reworked it somehow it'd be quite nice so one could at least react before it stuns.

It's not random. "Luna will rush and Stun enemies that have been Marked by your Light Bow every 15s. " Edit: 100 units is the range.

This is what makes it work against attackers. If you manage to notice when the last stun was you know you have 15 seconds until the next one.

• @schachmaty said in Champion Overview: Io:

The only thing that's really stupid about Io is the randomness of the dog stun. The dog can literally chase you down throgh the whole map, into the air, anywhere, to stun you. If I play Evie and crazily Soar around wiggling left and right, the dog will still stun me even though I'm far up in the air. You can't predict when it will stun you and how far it can chase you down. If they reworked it somehow it'd be quite nice so one could at least react before it stuns.

translations: Evie should be invincible and even more of a broken nuisance than she already is (unless you have Torvald or a good Barik).

• @HeartQueen said in Champion Overview: Io:

@schachmaty said in Champion Overview: Io:

translations: Evie should be invincible and even more of a broken nuisance than she already is (unless you have Torvald or a good Barik).

Not at all. The point was just that you can't hide from the stun. If Damba wants to stun you, you can wiggle left and right, or use a movement ability to dodge it. Inara has a long wind-up time before she stuns, but the dog is pure auto aim and it goes through walls, which is really annoying. And the thing has a million health, AND it can cap points, so it's kinda a 6v5 game.

• @schachmaty
    No, you can hide from the stuns. Walls are the counter of luna just like Skye's ult. Luna does not stun you through walls unless you were still not completely behind the wall in time. Its fairly easy to avoid for backline champs and is on a 15s cooldown unlike most stuns. But in your case, Evie is hard-countered by Luna stun unless you ran wormhole.

• @SNIper-poTAto said in Champion Overview: Io:

@schachmaty
    No, you can hide from the stuns. Walls are the counter of luna just like Skye's ult. Luna does not stun you through walls unless you were still not completely behind the wall in time. Its fairly easy to avoid for backline champs and is on a 15s cooldown unlike most stuns. But in your case, Evie is hard-countered by Luna stun unless you ran wormhole.

No one complains about Jenos void grip, and his grip holds you, is auto aim, has a 12 second cooldown, or a down to a 6s cooldown with the inner peace card at 5, and can cripple you if you have the right talent. Yet Io doesn't deserve a slight buff on her stun because it's auto aim.

• PC

@HeartQueen said in Champion Overview: Io:

@SNIper-poTAto said in Champion Overview: Io:

@schachmaty

No one complains about Jenos void grip, and his grip holds you, is auto aim, has a 12 second cooldown, or a down to a 6s cooldown with the inner peace card at 5, and can cripple you if you have the right talent. Yet Io doesn't deserve a slight buff on her stun because it's auto aim.

You forget that Jenos can't use his abilities when he uses Grip, while Io can use abilities while Luna stuns.

• Personally, I am not entirely satisfied with Io.
    While having this awesome deployable matainance and ranged sustain healing dynamic that makes for interesting gameplay with a management of turret deployable minigame. I feel like without puppy area healing, her other dynamics are basic and do not really add much in my eyes and make her kit counter intuitive in some areas.

Io with puppy healing, can generate some great single target sustain, with area heal as a bonus... almost too much single target sustain healing as a talent... This works well, it should be the base healing dynamic, not a talent in my eyes.

Her heals could be reduced to compensate if luna heal allies at base, or luna heals all allies within the area for the talent heal value while being healed by moonlight...

DR on healing... with juggernaughts it is kind of fun being that tanky...
    Insta DR is pretty clutch... its like they were sad some of the DR build were gone so they made this... the added mobility it brings with cards is pretty... gotta go fast, gotta hit em hard... again it is pretty fun though... good push assistance for tanks, good dive assistance for tanky flanks and peeking damage.
    But you are sacrificing your attack and vigilance on band-aiding your ally as a buff.
    I'd rather moonlight healing bounces between allies to support the speed and provide some healing around corners at range with luna or ally positioning... this would be the true overtoned sustained heal party deathball comp talent, but balenced if the refraction healing was fairly close to mid distance.

I am not really in favour of her hovering after leap mechanics as the are now, and I reckon it should be streamlined to 1 card.
    Holding down jump allows the foxy lady to glide for various percent values, but induce a cap of 3s, as a potential 10s hover time is kronk mobility.

I would also like something to be done about her indoor mobility being lackluster... despite her strength in deployable positioning around walls... i would not mind her going incorporeal for 0.5s as a debuff cleanse upon leap, and then pushing it further by replacing her personal shield card with up to 1.5s Incorporeal time that gets cleared upon doing other actions.
    This incorporeal state would also trigger for her somewhat damage immune ult in order for that to make sense...
    I see no reason why Io cannot have an incorporeal state... instead of the body swap talent concept.

I feel as though puppy has too much base HP...
    Considering her uncauterisable regeneration, out of combat regen, and other healing mechanics allow it to stay topped up.
    As well as good positioning and so on make it kind of a pain to get a good angle on to apply any damage.
    Pupply is as tanky as a frontline at base... granted it takes big dozer damage, but low dps units are going to have an annoying time dealing with it when it can relocate fairly regularly with cards and often gets a stun through channeled shields.
    I would rather see it lose a bit of HP, in order to see it have base area healing, and a talent with a reduced CD on the stun... like... 10s or something that allows it to be more defenceive or aggressive... but punishable for aggressive deployment due to being fragile...
    As a nerf, it could be limited to be able to not pierce shields or certain damage denial tools like reversal, power siphon... or characters like nando need CC in shield to be defended against mechanics like this...