Who is your main and why?

• PC

I kind of got the inspiration of this thread from a video from Uncle Dane, one of the most well-known TF2 Engineer mains, who made this video.

Who do you main, and why do you main them specifically?

Personally I main Barik for a good few reasons:

• I could say I really like the way he plays, but that might be simplistic. I like his objective-centric focus. Yes, Inara has this too, but with Barik it feels more interactive somehow. Probably the turrets.
    • He has teeth. Unlike certain other tanks who I will not name, he has a really painful bite to him. Not just his blunderbuss, but his turrets as well can ping for a surprisingly significant amount of damage. He still has my second highest damage in a game to date, to Viktor (I was playing Archi at the time by the way).
    • I just absolutely love his lore, being that he designed most of the game's weapons and everything, with his status of this sort of master engineer.
    • I just like how his kit seems to flow for me. I left it unmentioned, but I absolutely love Rocket Boots' design as an ability. There's really a LOT of interesting things you can do with it like kite away from a BK Poppy burst as one example.

Interesting now that I reflect on it: I used to be a support main when I first played... Now I hardly play supports... 🤔

Oh, I also consider Viktor, Ash, and Atlas my secondaries at this point. If Fernando and/or Terminus were better I may say different though.

• I used to main Androxus (because he was the 1st character I bought when I started playing, I liked his character design of being a dark hunter and his ability to dash in any direction I found really cool as well) and Kinessa (I saw two of Hecate's insane Kinessa gameplay videos, which I found inspiring). But currently I don't have a real main, been playing different characters mostly, but atm I enjoy Viktor the most, cuz he takes skill, he is satisfying to play, he is challenging (especially when it comes to aim, hitting headshots, I like characters that require good aim) and cuz he's well-balanced in my opinion. I don't feel bad when I play him (which I do when playing Strix or Cassie for example)

• PC

I main Mal'damba as you see in my signature, because:

• He is fun
    • He has to ways to heal
    • He has a good movement ability that counters bomb king's king bomb and skye's time bomb

• PC

@Dusklicious I main Vodka... Why? Why not.

• PC

@DaddyOoker said in Who is your main and why?:

@Dusklicious I main Vodka... Why? Why not.

🤔 That must mean...

I'M A DR. PEPPER MAIN!

• Tyra. Reason being I grew up watching Rambo and the likes where the protagonist picks up a machine gun with infinite ammo and starts painting the scenery with led and until Vivian was released Tyra was the only one who could do that lol

• Lex because on console people play with 2 tankers and 2 healers, so i need to kill them fast with my ultimate

• Switch

I main
    IO: Because She Best Girl,FIGHT ME
    Furia :Because She Best Support,FIGHT ME!!

• I main Nando

Since I started Paladins before I can aim... Nando is a good champion for that.

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

And to this day I still love him

Not in a gay way mind you.

• My main always changes after a while. Buck atm cause he is the only flank I can play. My first real main was Torvald.

• Willo. The class I main is support, so it's ironic that my overall main is Willo, the anti support. LOL. However, I liked Willo because I wanted to know how to use a damage character, and she reminded me of a butterfly, so I instantly took a liking to her. It helps that even before the buffs, she was pretty strong with blastflowers stack damage, her mobility (even when flutter wasn't as strong), and her deadzone to stop all healing.

• Switch

on console it would be either strix or androxus... strix because ive always enjoyed sniping, and you can be more flanky with strix... androxus because i like the mobility

on pc it would have to be bounce house buck, just because the ability to jump on people from literally anywhere is s lot of fun

• Mal' Damba, Why?

• Because He has his Gourd (Area Healing) and his Mending Spirits (Direct)
    • He has very good mobility if utilized properly
    • His stun reload can be lifesaving if used properly
    • His Ultimate is a good lifesaver/getaway in the scenario the team tank(s) die or they are about to die
    • I honestly also really enjoy Mal' Damba as a character and his lore

• I AM GROOT

• I used to main Cassie back when she had a bow (hell I even bought night bane despite being anywhere from pro at her), after a very long hiatus from paladins I come back and try to main a bunch of characters (ash, corvus, tiberius, lian) but the only one who stuck so far is Zhin, because:

• Cool weapon!!!!!
    • I like swordfighters in general
    • "The Thousand Hands operate without mercy, expect neither from their master" he just sounds so cool saying it his voice is top tier
    • He's just so, damn, COOL!!!!

I dont think I would've touched the entire flank class if Zhin didn't exist, and right now I'm super interested in Talus and Koga. (I'm still level 30 though I know the road ahead of me is long but yeah)