IO Life Link Vs Goddess Blessing

• PC

@DaddyOoker
    I have achieved 233k healing in 20min at best in ranked, I don't play Io that much tho, I don't use the self heal card, I try to place luna in safe place so luna simply support me with selfhealing+moonlight regen, doesn't get killed and only stun if someone tries to flank me

Moved to Gameplay & Strategy

• PC

@TangAce

That's a respectable number for that match time with any support.

According to Guru I have 31 live IO matches across my two accounts - only two in ranked. Don't know how this compares to your IO experience.

Safe place - where's that? Someone always finds me and/or Luna.

What happens is they dedicate two or more players to focus me so I have to back off in an attempt to survive. I can't always bring Luna with me or they killed it already.

I've tried keeping Luna in a "safe" spot and also being aggressive with the placement. I find it depends on both teams as to what works.
    I did create another loadout adding health to Luna to allow higher risk placement - I haven't used this enough to determine it's worth.

• PC

@DaddyOoker
    I have 4 ranked as Io around 10 matches total

safe place is around walls mostly like you gonna heal from near a wall, behind that wall you put luna, and as I said, I move luna a lot so enemy doesn't easy kill her

health on luna seems useless to me cuz bulldozer

Io is so far the support I die the less with, her escape reset makes her very safe, plus the free stun
    however I'm not aggressive at all, I'm gonna have a position close to my team, but won't deal much dmg, need to focus on heal with Io since it's not burst healing

• PC

@TangAce

If you look at that match in my latest rage post I didn't have much choice. Who was going to deal with the Maeve? It was Jenos or me.

Where would you put Luna in Frog Island as in that match? There isn't much cover near the point and I needed to be able to heal the front line while at the same time dealing with the Maeve and other problems.

• PC

@DaddyOoker
    I wouldn't pick Io on frog isle tbh
    I'd say her best map would be ascension peak, her worst curiously is probably bazar (but timber also uh)

• PC

@TangAce

In casual, many times I have in my mind what I intend to play before even entering the Q. Many times I won't consider the map - you can shoot me for that 😱

I won't say IO is flat out bad on Frog Island but I admit my win rate with her on that map is quite a bit lower than other maps.

• @DaddyOoker said in IO Life Link Vs Goddess Blessing:

@TangAce

If you look at that match in my latest rage post I didn't have much choice. Who was going to deal with the Maeve? It was Jenos or me.

Where would you put Luna in Frog Island as in that match? There isn't much cover near the point and I needed to be able to heal the front line while at the same time dealing with the Maeve and other problems.

If you play Grohk, you know where to put Luna.
    On Frog Island place it behind the wall on the curve just near the point

• PC

@Gao-Shun
    I don't play Grohk unless it's Maelstrom and even then not often.

That's exactly where I put Luna on that map. It's reasonable until the enemy manages to take over the point.

• @DaddyOoker Life link obsoletes the other 2 talents

• PC

@DaddyOoker said in IO Life Link Vs Goddess Blessing:

@Gao-Shun
    I don't play Grohk unless it's Maelstrom and even then not often.

That's exactly where I put Luna on that map. It's reasonable until the enemy manages to take over the point.

grohk totemic ward is pretty good, truly situational, but usually if I pick it, I'm sure to win

• PC

@TangAce

Is that as sole support? I can't heal worth anything with Grohk as sole support unless using Spirit's Domain (which I would rather use others to be a lap dog). I hate to have Grohk as supporter for the same reason. How the $#@ am I to know where someone else is going to place the totem and the ring isn't nearly as visible as Grover's. If I have to waste even half a second to look for it I'm dead already.

• PC

@DaddyOoker
    mmmmh yeah solo support
    the thing is, grohk is good not because of his healing, but because of the CC immunity
    also good grohk will place totem around corners to avoid totem being destroyed
    the problem with grohk is that you gotta pick it last, it only works if there are no counters (like no willo, no bk, etc...) also it ofc works only against team with at least 3 champs relying on cc (like damba/nara/ash is perfect for grohk)
    I also suggest having a flank with grohk since flank can either rush totem behind a corner, or just wait for out of combat, dmg champs are the most difficult to heal with grohk
    also grohk is meant for point capture, don't think you can push with a grohk xD

also your team has to understand you are grohk and play accordingly

but grohk doesn't have high healing output that is sure, but he compensate more than enough with cc immune and his insane damage

and last, I have thought about a grohk main heal with a damage jenos comp xD no idea if it works, but grohk can heal tanks while jenos heals himself and the other damage