SERIS: How to make her Talents better and her Loadout cards balanced

• Ive had a good amount of playtime with seris so im pretty sure i have a good idea about her balance in the game. Shes a healbot and her dmg talents dont impact her playstyle enough and she cant dish out dmg as much as damba if he was on dmg talent. Some of her cards are rather useless while 4-5 of them are top picks. And so ive decided to mess with her dmg talents a bit and both nerf and rework her cards while trying to get feedback about what u think the issue with her is. I know shes balanced but there are some aspects of her loadouts that rlly needs changes. So heres the balance change i am proposing:-

*Talent Balance:
    -Soul Collector: Each Soul Charge you detonate increases your Maximum Health and Weapon Damage by 3% until you die. Stacks up to 10 times.
    -Agony: The dmg of Rend soul is increased by 50 each, stuns victims affected with 4 soul charges by 1s, while cleansing all harmful effects(cauterise+dmg overtime removal).
    *Card Nerfs and Buffs:
    -Bane: Every Soul Charge you detonate reduces the Cooldown of Restore Soul by {0.2|0.2}s -> {0.3|0.3}s.
    -Dusk Walker: Reduce the Cooldown of Shadow Travel by {0.5|0.5}s -> {0.6|0.6}s
    -Veil: Reduce the cast time of Shadow Travel by {15|15}% -> {10|10}%.
    *Card Reworks:

1. Dark Sight: Activating Rend Soul reduces its cooldown by {0.12|0.12} for every Soul Charge.
    2. Essence Rip: Rend Soul grants 80/160/240/360/400 shield health for 2s.
      My reasoning towards these changes:-
      *Soul Collector- The dmg and hp buff wasnt consistent enough becuz of the time it took to get the full effect per life.
      *Agony- To give it a better purpose rather than counterable stuns.
      *Veil- So that it stands in line with other cards,
      *Bane and Dusk Walker: To add a bit more flavour to hybrid playstyles.
    • Dark Sight: To help her shift both of her dmg playstyle completely.
    • Essence Rip: To give her better sustain while defending herself.
      Thats about it so feel free to leave your feedback below.

• Seris mains, assemble!
    Here are my thoughts on your suggestions

@SNIper-poTAto said in SERIS: How to make her Talents better and her Loadout cards balanced:

*Rend Soul(Q ability): The cooldown has been reduced from 10s -> 8s

Okay so I took some maths with this suggestions and here's a problem:
    You reduced cooldown by 2 seconds, giving you 8 sec cd.

You never mentioned wickedness, so you can reduce it furher to 5.5 seconds.

Now add chronos 2, and you're down to 4,4 seconds
    With your maxed Dark Sight card you can reduce the cooldown to 2 seconds simply by detonating 4 stacks.

So you give 60% self heal with a stun on 2 seconds cooldown, down from 10. That's where it's not balanced anymore, even if you used 2 x 5 level cards.

@SNIper-poTAto said in SERIS: How to make her Talents better and her Loadout cards balanced:

*Talent Balance:
    -Soul Collector: Each Soul Charge you detonate increases your Maximum Health and Weapon Damage by 3% until you die. Stacks up to 10 times.

Had exact same suggestion in my card thread, I fully agree on helping this card feel more consistent.

-Agony: The dmg of Rend soul is increased by 50 each, stuns victims affected with 4 soul charges by 1s, while cleansing all harmful effects(cauterise+dmg overtime removal).

That's interesting way to buff agony, but I feel it's pretty bloated for a talent. Does cleanse happen on any detonation or 4 stack one?

@SNIper-poTAto said in SERIS: How to make her Talents better and her Loadout cards balanced😆 *Card Nerfs and Buffs:

-Bane: Every Soul Charge you detonate reduces the Cooldown of Restore Soul by {0.2|0.2}s -> {0.3|0.3}s.

I am not sure how much it changes. It's 1 pointer anyway.

It is still worse than fade to black in every way possible even if going damage seris. Even making it 0.8 would make it still worse than FtB since it affects chronos.

Uhh? What do you mean in line? I find this card fine.

@SNIper-poTAto said in SERIS: How to make her Talents better and her Loadout cards balanced😆 *Card Reworks:

1. Dark Sight: Activating Rend Soul reduces its cooldown by {0.12|0.12} for every Soul Charge.

I had exact same suggestion with exact same numbers in my thread. Except I proposed it for Wickedness card to prevent cooldown stacking I mentioned above. Good change, wrong card.

1. Essence Rip: Rend Soul grants 80/160/240/360/400 shield health for 2s.

Sounds interesting but I think it's kinda weak.

Overall, I dig most changes, but you should take a look at balancing Rend Soul cooldown and cards.

I suggest you take a look at my thread should you want to discuss Seris in more detail. I appreciate feedback as well.

• @TTraw said in SERIS: How to make her Talents better and her Loadout cards balanced:

Seris mains, assemble!
    Here are my thoughts on your suggestions

*Rend Soul(Q ability): The cooldown has been reduced from 10s -> 8s

Okay so I took some maths with this suggestions and here's a problem:
    You reduced cooldown by 2 seconds, giving you 8 sec cd.

You never mentioned wickedness, so you can reduce it furher to 5.5 seconds.

Now add chronos 2, and you're down to 4,4 seconds
    With your maxed Dark Sight card you can reduce the cooldown to 2 seconds simply by detonating 4 stacks.

So you give 60% self heal with a stun on 2 seconds cooldown, down from 10. That's where it's not balanced anymore, even if you used 2 x 5 level cards.

*Talent Balance:

Had exact same suggestion in my card thread, I fully agree on helping this card feel more consistent.

That's interesting way to buff agony, but I feel it's pretty bloated for a talent. Does cleanse happen on any detonation or 4 stack one?

@SNIper-poTAto said in SERIS: How to make her Talents better and her Loadout cards balanced😆 *Card Nerfs and Buffs:

I am not sure how much it changes. It's 1 pointer anyway.

It is still worse than fade to black in every way possible even if going damage seris. Even making it 0.8 would make it still worse than FtB since it affects chronos.

Uhh? What do you mean in line? I find this card fine.

@SNIper-poTAto said in SERIS: How to make her Talents better and her Loadout cards balanced😆 *Card Reworks:

I had exact same suggestion with exact same numbers in my thread. Except I proposed it for Wickedness card to prevent cooldown stacking I mentioned above. Good change, wrong card.

1. Essence Rip: Rend Soul grants 80/160/240/360/400 shield health for 2s.

Sounds interesting but I think it's kinda weak.

Overall, I dig most changes, but you should take a look at balancing Rend Soul cooldown and cards.

I suggest you take a look at my thread should you want to discuss Seris in more detail. I appreciate feedback as well.

I had thought about the card but didnt think about the potential it had with chronos as caut or wrecker would have been more suitable for a dmg build becuz of her long range deficiencies. I guess the base kit buff on her Q should be removed from the thread. The Essence Rip change was originally scaled from 150-750. But it would make her unflankable as its immune to caut so i lowered it significantly cuz no ones gonna buy wrecker for a self sustain card anyway unless there is a vivian. And for Veil, i nerfed it becuz of how good it already was with lvl 3 to 4 on the card. If u dont have veil and are at below 2000 hp while get flanked by someone bursty like skye, u are guaranteed to be dead becuz of the time it takes to go into effect which is more than kinessa transporter without "beam me up". Its rlly strong but not op i guess so id rather leave the veil nerf as an option rather than necessary.