Having a noticeable/easy to remember name.

• When you have a name like Maeveinator, you get noticed pretty easy, you get called out a lot. While i have realized i had a bit of fans, there is also people who get upset because of my annoyance with Maeve or they hate Maeve. Things got heated on the old forums with a guy and me, he was throwing death threats to me and just horrible words in general, luckily borvik shut it down and banned him so thanks for that borvik. I have not been playing Maeve as much because I admit i am afraid of getting a bad game and possibly hurting my reputation of being a good Maeve main. The noticable name doesn't help the matters either. I get many hate messages from random players because i was cheating or some nonsense. I wont turn off messages from non friends though because i get a lot of nice messages too. So does anyone like, have any wisdom to share or some shit like that?

• PC

@Maeveinator said in Having a noticeable/easy to remember name.:

I get many hate messages from random players because i was cheating or some nonsense

Yesterday a kinessa reported me because she thought I was using wallhacks. I was lex. Ignore these kind of people that think you're cheating. It's not the first time someone accuses me of cheating, but they have no proof, so even if you get reports, if it's not true, you won't be banned

It's easy to find in multiplayer games people who are bitter and will hate just for the sake of hating. I stopped playing reso ying (my main) for some time because I got scared of being flamed, hated, whatever. The less I played, the more scared I became when I thought of picking her. Recently I started playing her again and even if it was a bit hard at first, now I don't care about what anyone says, and I enjoy much more the game

Don't worry about hurting your reputation as a maeve player, the more you care the worse you'll perform, at least from my experience, the more I tried to do well, the worse I did. The most important thing is to have fun and enjoy the videogame you play

My best advice (yet it may seem hard at first) is to ignore random hate messeges. People who send these kind of texts want to hurt you, but they are random people from the internet who know nothing about you or you about them, it's not worth it caring about what a random person says. Focus on the positive and nice messages you get. If you underperform or you ever make a mistake while playing, well, that happens to everyone, even pro players make mistakes. The best thing is to not give importance to what random and anonymous people from the internet say. Hate messages are the opposite of constructive criticism

You are very much always welcome to message us at any time if you feel targeted, persecuted or bullied in any way. We're ALWAYS here to help people.

• I would not worry about it comrade.
    It is just the avid rambings some undisciplined child or salty peasant.
    You can still shoot down Maeve, rest is up to player skill and positioning.
    Honestly, I still get a lot of fun counting and timing Maeve's dashes with Grohk Ghostwalk...

I have had death threats on a few games now, which usually return with me bullying that player offline by just playing the game well. I'm not talking about a major skill differance here either, some people are new with poor game sense, some just walk up to you and expect to win, some hold a terrible position where they die as soon as they are dived, if they stoop shit talk due to lack of game sense, well to put it politely as I can...THEY GET CRUSHED, I do not like that kind of people in my game environment. If they are truly worthy of the realm they will stick around, if they dial their hatred back a tad they might just learn something.

(Mortal Combat, The only way foreward is to learn from defeat)

One of the best times I have had in this game as a group was somehow making friends with my enemies. I recall a comrade of mine... salt mine we called them.
    I countered his Dogoz with Grover, Fern and Trya so much that his win rate on the champ went down a good deal.
    I had death threats at the start of each game against him for awhile, was called a cheating wall hacks user (Tyra reveal, Fernando Burning), pretty sure he asked his whole team to focus me more then once.
    Eventually we were put together in some dudes discord group, and surprisingly we had a good merry slaughterhouse of a time together, this guy finally understood that he played too aggressive and out of position when I had to go out of my way to stop him from dying just so my team did not lose our stomping power. Eventually the Drogoz 1trick learnt how to synergize with me as Fern and Grover, and I learnt some great tactics around playing with Drogoz.

Some people are good players, they just do not work well with others until they can get a sense of the others playstyle. (Or in this case it sounds like the person still needed to learn the game in order to fight their foes.)

Anyway, there is Dimitri's rambling thoughts.... hope they help.

• Thanks guys, dont worry about me. The only thing i care about is showing the fans i didnt even know i had what i can do.

• Switch

maeve sux, go away😤

😂 😂 😝

@Maeveinator but in all seriousness, dont worry about shit other people throw at you.
    Some people just dont know the impact that they have on others, especially when being dicks. Like others here have said just dm a mod if someones attacking you personally. i dislike bullies, and it really pisses me when people are dicks... Hang in there man🙂

• @Maeveinator said in Having a noticeable/easy to remember name.:

oticed pretty easy, you get called out a lot. While i have realized i had a bit of fans, there is also people who get upset because of my annoyance with Maeve or they hate Maeve. Things got heated on the old forums with a guy and me, he was throwing death threats to me and just horrible words in general, luckily borvik shut it down and banned him so thanks for that borvik. I have not been playing Maeve as much because I admit i am afraid of getting a bad game and possibly hurting my reputation of being a good Maeve main. The noticable name doesn't help the matters either. I get many hate messages from random players because i was cheating or some nonsense. I wont turn off messages from non friends though because i get a lot of nice messages too. So does anyone like, have any wisdom to share or some shit like that?

I don't report players that play too good with a champion, I'm not on that level of salt, I can accept if someone is playing was too good with a champion, speaking about Maeve, have you seen some videos of TECHNO playing Maeve? That guy is a onetrick playing Rogue's Gambit and Cat Burglar Maeve(I don't really know if he played Street Justice after the rework or before rework since I find it sh*t) and the way he/she plays is not easy to understand, and I'm a scrub playing as Maeve and I prefer to play other flanks like Buck, Zhin or Lex. To resume I don't report players for being very good playing, and also I don't really report players that suck playig with a champion since the typical salt is when the enemy team shows to be good and a salty teammate reports him for salty reasons(like saying that 'hE's CHeEtInG', or a learning scrub(from the same team as the salty teammate) trying to stop being a scrub(no offenses since I'm also a scrub with more than 200 hours playtime acording to paladins.guru) didn't do good and the salty teammate reports him for not playing really good(I normally try to be nice to teammates that are learning to use certain champions, even if he doesn't do very good I don't report him for those stupid reasons unless he was afk or trying to purposely throw a match) and I'm not that salty player at Ninja's level(comparing myself to a Fortnite content creator) known for the meme of reporting enemies that kill him on Fortnite and accusing them for stream sniping, well imagine that comparison but to know I don't play Fortnite it's just a small comparison, but I can get salty if I get easily steamrolled by the enemy team to a effortless 0-4 defeat or lose and blame on the tank(s) that rarely got on the point and forcing me to stay alone on the point.

• Having a name that is easily pronounced and remember can have it's positive side. Often a person with an easily remembered name will be invited to join a game or they be sought out for advice. When I created "Conrad Max" back in the Summer of '73, I wanted it to be strong, mysterious and remembered. Well, one of those things came true.

So, it could be both good and bad having an easily remembered name. But what finally makes a difference it how we act and react with our gsming/internet identity. With that said, our chosen name can have do much meaning and impact with the people we meet in our favorite hobby.