Inara Guide

• Inara is a front line champion in Paladins. She's on the side of the Resistance, but we'll spare the lore because you're here for advice. Inara has three talents: Mother's Grace, Tremors, and Treacherous Ground. One talent is her meta pick, another can work in certain situations, and one is a troll pick.

Tremors

This is a troll pick, so don't pick it. No one is going to report you if you're Platinum or below, or in a casual match. In diamond or above, they'll report you (maybe even in platinum). If you want to for shits and giggles in a casual match, here is a decent loadout: Summit at 4-5, for flanking, and Crag at 5 for burst healing. Crag at 5 means you get a 750 burst heal for every wall (every 10 seconds though, because of the passive cooldown). Summit is for the flanking Inara meme. The rest of the cards are filler.

Treacherous Ground

This is an off meta pick that can work in certain situations. This is a counter to a mobile team (it counters Viktor, Talus, Zhin, Koga, Khan, Lian, etc). If they don't have a lot of dps on their team, but they have a Talus, please pick this talent to punish him for getting too close to your healer. Standing Stones at 4-5 in order to get a cooldown on Warder's Field. I do a hybrid type of play by putting Standing Stones at 4, Sacred Ground at 4, Geomancer at 4, and the rest of my cards are filler. Sacred Ground gives me 20% damage reduction in my Warder's Field and Geomancer gives me a 2 second cooldown on Earthen Guard. This allows me to cycle threw my cooldowns, while also being a nasty counter to mobile flanks trying to pick off my team.

Mother's Grace

This is the meta talent here. This talent gives you cc immunity and increased damage reduction. Her best talent for point tanking. Cards I have: Geomancer at 5, Standing Stones at 3, Sacred Ground at 4, Steadfast at 2, and Rolling Stones at 1. Steadfast and Rolling Stones are filler cards, especially Rolling Stones. Rolling Stones at 1 just reduces my active cooldowns by 8%. Steadfast at 2 gives me 300 extra health, which stacks with my damage reduction and makes me even tankier. Standing Stones and Geomancer respectively reduce Warder's Field's cooldown to 9 seconds and Earthen Guard's cooldown to 7.5 seconds. Sacred Ground gives me 20% damage reduction when Warder's Field is active.

Strategy for Mother's Grace

I generally put a wall up first to deny the enemy the point for a few seconds. Then I use Earthen Guard, then Warder's Field. Items I buy: I generally prioritize making myself even tankier, so I get Haven/Blast Shields first. My next buy is usually rejuvenate. Some Inara's get Master Riding, which is a good item to cap the point for a few seconds, and be there fast enough to put up your wall, denying the enemy even more objective time. I also might get Chronos to cycle through my cooldowns even more. Cauterize is an okay pick because even though Inara has weak damage, she can still spread decent caut. Though I personally don't rush to get caut because I'm focusing on being a point tank and mitigating damage. NEVER GET: red cards aside from caut, green cards aside from rejuvenate, you don't need morale boost or nimble (but I have seen Inara get these yellow cards), and resilience is redundant, along with illuminate.

This is really it for Inara. She's pretty simple for the most part. You just have to get a good loadout and learn how to cycle through your cooldowns. She mostly just requires good game sense. The only somewhat challenging part, mechanically, is hitting shots from far away to knock people off their horses when zoning.

• I don't play Inara too much, but a build I use with Mother's Grace a lot is Geomancer 5, Rolling Stones 5, Steadfast 3 and 2 filler cards. The 40% cooldown reduction I find really strong tbh. It's really snowbally. If you somehow get an elim, you can literally spam Earthen Guard and be indestructible. Spam walls if you have no Earthen Guard. You always have a resource to stay alive, as long as you get 1 or 2 elims. I see a lot of people running Stone Bulwark (healing during Earthen Guard) but I find the card pretty weak. Healing is your healer's job first of all, secondly 125 health per second isn't a lot, especially if your enemies have caut.

• Basic guide, but I think this is necessary so people can actually point tank in ranked... XD

Would you mind if I ever make a complicated version of it? I don't play Inara too much, but I might make a more detailed version of this

Also, treacherous ground is really buggy, like, if you enter the Field because of a mobility (like say, Evie's Blink) you avoid the cripple XD

• @Demigod said in Inara Guide:

Basic guide, but I think this is necessary so people can actually point tank in ranked... XD

Would you mind if I ever make a complicated version of it? I don't play Inara too much, but I might make a more detailed version of this

Also, treacherous ground is really buggy, like, if you enter the Field because of a mobility (like say, Evie's Blink) you avoid the cripple XD

Sorry for the late reply, but sure. I just did Inara because no one else did. I want every champion to have a guide for anyone who stumbles on this site. Improving my Inara guide would help them a lot better.

• PC

@Demigod said in Inara Guide:

Basic guide

Basic guide for a basic champion... 😏

• @Dusklicious

Inara actually has a very low skill floor with MG, but she has an extremely high Skill Ceiling. A good Inara should cycle her cooldowns like crazy and never die. (especially with that No-Fun-Zone DR Card)

• @HeartQueen

I play Inara a lot, and while I don’t play in Ranked too often, I feel I do better with her than most players I have personally seen. (Not Pros obviously lol.) However, the playstyle that I’ve adapted for her is with Treacherous Ground as a talent. I know it’s a “risky” pick and not meta, but I’ve gotten it down to a science with how I use it to cripple the enemies at the right time. So I think it’s viable, especially in mid-tier play.

• I think the only issue with Treacherous Ground is the fact that it's really damn buggy...

@NisaHyuga

I personally think it's really good if Hirez can fix it, it might make Off-tank Inara viable... (Off Tank Barik is Viable btw, run One Man's Treasure, Accelerator Field, Bowling Ball, and Failsafe)