Ying Guide

• @LilianaOuO The clone army. Yeah it's hilarious. 🙂

• @OriginalEquinox said in Ying Guide:

Nice guide, so painful to watch someone pick Ying, not buy morale boost, and then hold onto their ults like it was the last of a endangered species or something instead of using it to confirm point caps and such.

Also I highly recommend avoiding LE if you're in solo queue because that extra DPS can sometimes compensate for your lack of considerate teammates, definitely helped me more times than it should have lol

I've had moments where I regretted going Life Exchange. lol. Really, they need to buff her base healing so that we wouldn't have to pick the healbot talent without people getting triggered and tilted.

If I don't trust people, I usually go focusing lens and prioritize morale boost so that even though my base healing isn't the best, maybe I can make it up with my ult.

• @LilianaOuO said in Ying Guide:

I learned a Resonance Strategy from Vex30, the PPL player. (I tweaked his method a little bit)

Here is the link for his video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNo_qqoh7Nc

The basic requirement of this strategy are:

Loadout card "Brittle" level 5 + 2 clones (+ chronos level 1 if you have 30+ ping)

Step:

1. This Strategy simply uses Ying clones to locate enemies and potentially deal 1000+ damage just by holding "right click".

2. Also, after dealing damage, you can hit "F" to blink close to the enemies and begin a close range combat. (Trust me, a lot of time you can "one hit" your enemy at this point)

3. After the combat, if you can get a kill, you can hit "F" to blink back and pretend nothing happen but annoy enemy back line.

4. Plus, if you have "Rewind" card in you loadout, enemy might hit your clone or you can "right click" shatter it real quickly to deal 500 more damage.

A successful process can deal 1500+ damage.

https://streamable.com/u3lhw
    https://streamable.com/lc301

The drawback of this strategy is using "F" ability to being aggressive instead of saving it for escaping and not healing teammates at all.

So if you can't deal 1000+ damage by using this strategy above, it is not worth using. The reason is your team would not receive any heal for 10+ sec so there is a high chance get "team wipe" and a lot of "VHS". After that, you will find out your team start to lose hope and throwing.

I heard Evil Mojo team have being thinking to rework Resonance talent so I hope I still can use this strategy in the future because getting kill as resonance Ying is really satisfied.

The problem with resonance is that you don't get much extra. A lot of people have been suggesting a slow on shatter or an area heal on shatter. Actually, I like that idea. Replace Life Exchange with resonance, but your shatters damage the enemy for a burst 500 or 1,000, but also heal your allies for a burst 500 or 1,000. If not, then maybe the explosion roots or causes a slow.

• @LilianaOuO my most fun experience with resonance was dueling a Lian, forcing her to ult at low HP, then blink away and watch her kill herself by shooting my clone lol. The talent may not be viable in high level pro play but it's definitely not weak either, those constant 500-1k bursts are a nightmare on point fights and small maps like Brightmarsh, reason it isn't popular imo is the inconsistency on blink, can't count how many times I've died because it kept teleporting me to the very spot i tried to escape from instead of the clone a mile away that I was aiming at the entire time.

Wish there was a visual indicator to let us know where we can teleport to

• @OriginalEquinox I agree with you. The clone indicators are not noticeable during the game play. Hope developers can place them around the cross hair or give us some choice where we put them at.

• @HeartQueen Yes, resonance sometime can not help us confirm the kill because she is not defined as a flanker or damage. And the awkward fact is the clones would not heal teammates after being shattering.

Hope developer think twice before changing it.

• One of my most fun games in Paladins was once as a Resonance Ying with Rewind in the deck, spamming Dimensional Link and Shatter to deal loads of damage.

I ended the game outdamaging a Dredge XD

• Well guide is wrong. RESONANCE is the best talent not the worst. You can basically make your enemies kill themselves with this talent. Another thing when Ying dies her illiusions disappear. While using resonance they deal damage when they disappear. Meaning Ying can get a kill even got killed. Resonance is the most strategic and versatile talent of Ying.

• @jocasela

Paladins Community in 2018: "Ying is bad off meta character cuz she can't target heals because good heal prioritization is everything on support."

EM: gives Life Exchange to aim your heal and Ying becomes meta.

Paladins Community in 2019:

Well guide is wrong. RESONANCE is the best talent not the worst. You can basically make your enemies kill themselves with this talent. Another thing when Ying dies her illiusions disappear. While using resonance they deal damage when they disappear. Meaning Ying can get a kill even got killed. Resonance is the most strategic and versatile talent of Ying.

• Reso is fun KEK