I Wanna play ranked, but got no champions!

• Switch

If you are enjoying paladins so far, then I highly recommend the champion pack... Especially now that it's on sale, also ranked is overrated, so don't worry about it your not missing much

Your skills might be decent, but you need to know the ins-and-outs of every champion. Being good with Maeve, fair enough, might be good in casual, but in ranked, you'll often need to play as a healer, tank, anything.

And as for Champions, yeah. As Borvik said, you've got the Gold way, or you can buy them all.

Best of luck to ya! Just remember to not become too cocky. There's always something new to learn. ^_^

• @Borvik
    Sorry I didn’t specify, I’m lacking in the crystal department... my bad😅

@Midnight643 I don't recommend buying champions with crystals.

• Do not queue for ranked if you don't have like atleast 80% of the champion roster. It's fine if you're missing a few of the more redundant never picked champs, but generally you want almost everyone for the purpose of champion trading

• OMFG (sorry moderators😅) I JUST REALISED YOU DIDNT NEED 200 crystals AND 30000 gold... I’m so dumb...

@Midnight643 😂 😂 All good

• PC

What Crash Override said about 80% champions is true - preferably 100%. If you're not going to listen to that then at least get 4 in each role and be decent with them.

There is no guarantee that your "main" will be available for you to play.

• Switch

not only should you own at least most of the champs, but you should also be able to play the champs well. Just having a bunch of champs is not good enough for ranked, what if maeve is banned, or someone else picks her? you should always have enough champs the you can play well that that scenario would not be an issue... Because if your team sticks you on a champ you cant play, then your team is at a disadvantage...

all that to say, dont play ranked until you have a bunch of heroes you are good at lol

• @Koopakid If you are bad at ranked you rank down to bronze and play vs other people who are also bad at ranked. I see no problem in general if someone who is bad (at playing tanks e.g.) plays ranked. I'd agree that for a competitive game mode one should be able to fulfill every role. Someone who has no support champ should not play ranked.

• Word of advice, casual and ranked are vastly different experiences despite being the same thing. in casual you're usually facing low levels who don't know how to use their champions or the item shop/card decks etc while in ranked you're almost guaranteed to go against tryhards and high levels who put hundreds of hours into the game and know the champion roster inside and out meaning they can and will stomp you hard.
    So stay in casual till you're familiar with ATLEAST two of each class so you won't be in trouble if someone picks or bans your main.

But if you're trying to get the free chest then go ahead I guess, the experience might be good for you

I'd just like to add: don't feel pressured to not play ranked by everyone here. It's just that a lot of us have been playing for years, and know about how ranked is.

I got to say though, I love your enthusiasm in your posts, and your passion for Maeve I think you have what it takes to become a really solid player! 🙂

• PC

@CMS said in I Wanna play ranked, but got no champions!:

I'd just like to add: don't feel pressured to not play ranked by everyone here. It's just that a lot of us have been playing for years, and know about how ranked is.

I got to say though, I love your enthusiasm in your posts, and your passion for Maeve I think you have what it takes to become a really solid player! 🙂

Same here. I just want to improve his chances of success. I'd rather he have a good experience and continue playing ranked then to be discouraged and quit when he gets flamed for not being able to play something other than his main.

• Alright, thanks everyone, looking at ranked now as suppose to when I posted this thread, I’m gonna want to hold off a bit, I didn’t really think through the fact that I’m only decent with 2 or 3 champions and by the time champs got banned and we’re picked, chances are, I’ll be stuck with someone I don’t know how to use well. Thanks for all the help you guys gave me.
    And the grind begins!!😁

• PC

@Midnight643 said in I Wanna play ranked, but got no champions!:

Alright, thanks everyone, looking at ranked now as suppose to when I posted this thread, I’m gonna want to hold off a bit, I didn’t really think through the fact that I’m only decent with 2 or 3 champions and by the time champs got banned and we’re picked, chances are, I’ll be stuck with someone I don’t know how to use well. Thanks for all the help you guys gave me.
    And the grind begins!!😁

A correction to what Borvik said. There are technically 8 game modes you can Q for. You get 300 gold for the first win of each game mode per day - including training modes.

I'm not sure if Test Maps gives gold since I've played it maybe twice and since you aren't in ranked that's makes it at least 6 modes you can get first win of the day gold from.

Good luck.

• @DaddyOoker @Midnight643 Test Maps is similar to siege in that you can accomplish win of the day, quests, and also be rewarded similar gold, xp, BP as you would get from a normal siege. Normally your due is based on the time the match lasted for in addition to accolades such as highest damage, longest streak, etc.

• @Midnight643 said in I Wanna play ranked, but got no champions!:

Alright, thanks everyone, looking at ranked now as suppose to when I posted this thread, I’m gonna want to hold off a bit, I didn’t really think through the fact that I’m only decent with 2 or 3 champions and by the time champs got banned and we’re picked, chances are, I’ll be stuck with someone I don’t know how to use well.

Most champs get hardly ever banned. If you only play Makoa, Skye and Imani decently that could pose a problem though. 😎

• If you want to play Ranked, you should know the meta, which champions are good and which are bad, and which talents are the best.
    Supports: Pretty much all of them are playable except Pip and Grohk (these are played more as damage dealers), the best ones are probably Damba (Spirit Chosen) Jenos (Luminary).

Damage Dealers: the best one is Cassie (Impulse is the best talent, though all 3 are playable), Lian (Eminence is the best) is also good. They are good on every map. Blasters like Drogoz (WYRM-Jets always, except Ice Mines and Frog Isle, where probably Combustible is better), Willo (Blastflower) and Bomb King (Royal Subjects) are good, but only on certain maps. Best maps for snipers are Frog Isle, Timber Mill, maybe even Fish Market. Tyra (Hunting Party), Viktor (Burst) and Vivian (Booby or Opportunity in Chaos) are all 3 good, especially Tyra is strong, I'm glad she is being nerfed soon. Sha Lin is not trash, but he is basically a bad version of Strix and Cassie.

Flanks: Evie (Wormhole) and Maeve (Cat Burglar) are the best ones, Lex seems like being playable (Death Hastens), but all the others are kinda meh, can work if being pocketed by a Torvald.

Tanks: the most powerful class in the game, almost all tanks are really good, the worst tanks at the moment are Fernando (Formidable) and Terminus (Decimate). Ruckus (Rocket Barrage) can work, but he's not the best, though I wouldn't call him bad. There are point tanks like Barik (Tinkerin) and Inara (Mother's Grace), they are really great at controlling the point. Other tanks like Khan (Storm of Bullets), Ash (all three talent are playable, Battering Ram is probably played most often), Makoa (all 3 talent are playable, Leviathan probably strongest talent) and Atlas (Deja-Vu) are so called off-tanks. They are good at flanking, 1v1s, creating space and running into enemies and killing them.

Picks and Bans: strong champions you can ban are Khan, Atlas, Makoa, Torvald, Ash (oftentimes 2 or 3, sometimes even 4 tanks are banned, because of how strong they are), Cassie (best damage dealer in the game), Lian (also strong), Maeve & Evie can be banned sometimes (just strong, lots of range and mobility, and poke), Jenos can be banned cuz he's strong and annoying to play against.

If you want to climb in Ranked, play the strongest champions, try to play Cassie, Evie or Maeve every game and be good with them, because as a support you can't carry and you have to rely on your teammates, so play damage or flank so you can carry. As I said, just play Cassie, Maeve or Evie, hit your shots, be good with them and you will easily climb in ranked.

Best team composition: two tanks, two damage dealers/flanks, one support ist the standard composition (ideally one point tank, one off-tank, one blast damager, one direct damager). On smaller maps triple tank can work. Triple damage one tank one support can work too (especially with a Jenos as support)

• And I forgot to mention that at low elo everything is playable, but if you climb higher you need to know the meta.