Things To Prepare Before Ranked

• PC

@DambaKing said in Things To Prepare Before Ranked:

@DaddyOoker said in Things To Prepare Before Ranked:

@DambaKing said in Things To Prepare Before Ranked:

My teammares don't let me play ranked.

What are teammares and how do they stop you?

They are:

• Trolling
    • Selfish
    • Pick cardio viktor (and sometimes running all match)

How does that stop you? Same stuff happens in quick play.. Do you not play at all now? I fail to see the difference.

• PC

@DaddyOoker yeah it happens in casual too, I just see silver II (It was silver IV) Is bad enough I don’t want to go to bronze. (And trust me my teammates is the reason why I am silver, I deserve gold)

• PC

@DaddyOoker Also I can't stand seeing my team banning koga

• PC

@DambaKing

You don't get a frame for either so what's the big deal. You can always get out of it by the only thing that actually matters... winning.

Forget the bans. Potato banning leaves more desirables on the table to choose from. Take advantage of it.

• PC

@TangAce said in Things To Prepare Before Ranked:

@DaddyOoker

no new restriction but most diamonds don't have a good lvl, since my goal is to reach gm I'm not gonna play with anyone

requirement is 14, diamond can't play with unranked or golds in party

See party 2? Must be a gray area..

https://paladins.guru/match/censored/9OHDBx3og

stupid.png

• PC

@DaddyOoker

that's guru bugging, the api doesn't handle parties very well, especially when someone is in hidden profile
    I can assure you it's not possible as I am above diamond and I can't do it, considering the game's elo and ranks I'd say that D5 rank isn't a diamond but a gold something rank

• Guess I'll edit about items

• PC

@TangAce said in Things To Prepare Before Ranked:

@DaddyOoker

that's guru bugging, the api doesn't handle parties very well, especially when someone is in hidden profile
    I can assure you it's not possible as I am above diamond and I can't do it, considering the game's elo and ranks I'd say that D5 rank isn't a diamond but a gold something rank

I have never caught guru reporting the wrong rank.. Well I think you're wrong about that level 416 being gold. I dug more into the Jenos. He was gold for a bit then moved to plat. As you can see the BK (the same level 416) is still diamond.

https://paladins.guru/match/censored/8GHomLgDA

no.png

• @DaddyOoker I pity that qualifying Barik and Pip

• PC

@Demigod
    you shouldn't, first that barik is probably better than you think, if he's partner then his stream has at least a bunch of viewers, surely a former diam in qualif
    when I play my qualif matches I can play vs diam master and gm, depending on when I do my first ranked
    that pip well either smurf or rip, but honestly dat moji looks bad af

about guru, it reported wrong ranks for me all the time, I think it might still say I was silver something in S0 while I really was plat lmao
    just that new split it took a week before it changes my rank lel

• PC

@TangAce That Moji got top credits - lol. Match link is above the photo.

• @Demigod said in Things To Prepare Before Ranked:

Our first pick became Skye (naturally) and they got Atlas and Jenos for their first two picks.
    I won that game (fortunately) because their Atlas DC'ed, and their DPS was kinda dumb.

While in Silver I found no reason to ban Atlas. Silver is mainly one tricks and there is a limited risk of an Atlas one trick in Silver. Not that it did not happen from time to time but you generally wanted to hit the one tricks.
    Atlas started to be a problem around mid Gold.
    Makoa is a different story, he needs to be picked or banned even in Silver.

It took me way to long to realize that in Silver you need to pick a damage if you are first pick. I found lack of damage to be the most common problem in Silver.
    This surprised me. I thought there would be so many damage and flank one tricks that it did not matter.

Don't start complaining loudly about the last pick not following "the meta". It does not make a difference anyway. Also: If your last pick is weird there is a very high chance that the opponent last pick is even worse.