December Rage Thread

• This post is deleted!

• I want to do a permanent global mute. I am tired of the trash talk after a match. Stupid people who can't do math seem to always blame the healer. The healer is the scapegoat for why a team loses. Meanwhile Tyras pulling 30k, me the heals doing 65k damage and also out heal the other heals by 20k... so what's the problem? YUP... HEALS FAULT. Global permanent mute please.

• @Dusklicious I am tired of people and the constant blaming on the support. Support dying because the flanker isn't killing things. You as heals outdamage the flanker and heal more than the other teams healer YET it is still your fault the loss happened.

• PC

Me: Playing Fissure Atlas going 11/5/9 in TDM

Team: Still Loses by over 10 kills

Also PTS is down... 😑 Hopefully they'll make fixes worth the wait.
    Really thinking about making a Fortify build in PTS and testing it out to see how it compares with Archi. On live, Fortify doesn't really offer much because of how strong Wrecker is (IMHO Archi on live is pretty much better than Fortify at everything, except the sustain might be slightly worse), but on PTS Wrecker is undertuned, plus some of Barik's new cards may cooperate well with a Fortify build.

EDIT: This happened.
    Error Code 23.png
    Looked it up and it apparently means that there's a corrupted file or something of that nature. So I have to uninstall and then re-install. Great. 😑

• PC

@Dusklicious Live appears to be working for me. PTS I get this - of course there is no update. Here we go again.

20191210184221_1.jpg

• This post is deleted!

• PC

It seems like I can't even play Paladins anymore. The game actually does not work, even after going as far as uninstalling and re-installing it. Keep getting Error Code 23. Worked perfectly fine earlier today, but all of a sudden around the same time the PTS updated, that started popping up...

So pretty much I can't play the game no matter what I try, because some file is corrupted or something even in the files I JUST DOWNLOADED AN HOUR AGO... 😒 Seriously, is there actually somehow something wrong with the game files THEMSELVES? I don't even have any idea how that would be feasible considering I HAD JUST PLAYED IT EARLIER TODAY...

EDIT: I think I may have found a way to get back. But I really don't feel like going through the whole process now... 😑

• @Dusklicious is pts working?

it says version musmatch for me

• PC

@Zeebuoy said in December Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious is pts working?

it says version musmatch for me

I don't know, I can't play the game at all right now.

About PTS:

Our Public Test Servers are currently down for maintenance.

The update coming to PTS will include a list of bug fixes and changes that we will give you further information on going forward.

Thank you!

https://twitter.com/PaladinsGame/status/1204487125070163974

• PC

I have to present you this peace of art provided by our beloved matchmaking
    this is a 10 seconds queue
    fair and balanced
    so I still won this match, but I can't help it, I'm pissed at this MM
    I'm not even sure there is a MM here tbh
    there is no logic no balance nothing, one gm one master 3 diamonds 2 plats 2 golds and an unranked, we only lacked a bronze and a silver to have a full rainbow, felt wonderful

• PC

@Dusklicious Did you do ANY kind of Windows/GPU update? Did you try reboot?

Not having the issue myself maybe this will help: https://support.fatshark.se/hc/en-us/articles/360034112814--PC-How-to-resolve-Launch-Error-Error-Code-23-

• @TangAce said in December Rage Thread:

I have to present you this peace of art provided by our beloved matchmaking
    this is a 10 seconds queue
    fair and balanced
    so I still won this match, but I can't help it, I'm pissed at this MM
    I'm not even sure there is a MM here tbh
    there is no logic no balance nothing, one gm one master 3 diamonds 2 plats 2 golds and an unranked, we only lacked a bronze and a silver to have a full rainbow, felt wonderful

They really need to up the requirements for ranked. At least level 50, Must own at least 4 champions from each class (including the free champions), and can only use a champion that's level 8 or above.

I'm tired of having that one person that's level 31 overall. Like I had to carry a level 31 Silver in a ranked game. Like dude, wtf? Imagine just downloading the game and thinking you need to play ranked.

• PC

@HeartQueen
    that's exactly it, you don't need to play ranked when you just started and don't know anything about the game, and gold/plat shouldn't play in master matches

@HeartQueen
    that's exactly it, you don't need to play ranked when you just started and don't know anything about the game, and gold/plat shouldn't play in master matches

I don't think they can do that last rule. Masters and diamonds are like less than 5% of the ranked Keyboard and Mouse crossplay player base. Silver 1, Gold 5, and Gold 4 alone make up 46% of the playerbase, and they're the largest playerbase.
    The best they can do to make the queue times not completely shit, but more balanced games are would be to have: Platinum and up be it's own group. Even then that's still a long wait because it's only around 14% of the playerbase, so if wait times are too much, they may have to add some Gold players.

If more people played ranked, the match making would be more balanced.

• PC

@HeartQueen

I don't believe this, simply cause my queues are taking around 5 to 10 seconds
    most masters don't mind 5-10min queue, but they mind having a gold or silver in their game
    any other game prevents huge rank difference in matches, and they don't have bigger playerbase
    it's quite simple to understand there is a big difference between lvl 27 gold and lvl 700 gm... no one wants a match mixing up these two

@HeartQueen

I don't believe this, simply cause my queues are taking around 5 to 10 seconds
    most masters don't mind 5-10min queue, but they mind having a gold or silver in their game
    any other game prevents huge rank difference in matches, and they don't have bigger playerbase
    it's quite simple to understand there is a big difference between lvl 27 gold and lvl 700 gm... no one wants a match mixing up these two

Most diamonds and masters complain about long queues. If queues aren't that long, mix like and like. If the queue times is longer than 10 minutes, then they may need to draw from the Platinum pool.

• PC

@HeartQueen

Obviously it's drawing from below plat at anytime. I could see this happening on some regions with lower player counts but this should not be happening on NA/EU servers.

It's true what TangAce is saying regarding the short Q times.

It seems the MM's acceptable player spread was widened at the same time as cross play or a bug was introduced.

I never saw Q times this short before cross play was implemented. Prior to cross play implementation it was almost always around 2 minutes - same for casual. Cross play didn't magically introduce a ton of new mouse players to justify the change in Q times. How often do you see console mouse players in a PC mouse match - not often - I check. Even in casual I don't see console mouse players that often - I always have cross input off.

Also the MM doesn't distribute "handicaps" well between both teams. If they were to at least fix this distribution problem at least it would have some fairness.

• PC

@DaddyOoker

you can just look my ranked history, plenty of exemples, just today in around an hour I managed to have a low lvl low rank no champ no deck bad items garbage stats in every one of my match

• PC

@TangAce

Guru is really pissing me off with that 500 error... Also how they're advertising OW2 - traitors..

I looked at the most recent 5 - only one had someone below plat.

At least the Plat Terminus had some ranked matches under his belt unlike the Khan qualifier who has the casual ELO of a silver. So much for the BS that casual ELO is used to seed for ranked.

I like the one with the level 39 Masters - lol.