Buffing Androxus

• Basically, the meta of Androxus has changed since the latest version and I feel he may not stack up in the same way he used to. He relies hard on Nether Step because he has nothing to boost his speed, and still doesn't deal much damage.

For his main weapon, His regular revolver should have a tighter spread. His talent Cursed Revolver helps this but changes his best strengths. While normally, when he is in range, he can slap the trigger and get good damage, it is risky and is balanced by the other talents. His damage with Cursed Revolver is serviceable but would be better if he had less damage falloff exclusively here. This talent would also be synergize better with a card that increases ammo capacity.

His Godslayer talent is underwhelming because the other talents mix in big chunks of damage into his main kit, while Reversal still has a huge cooldown. Godslayer would feel more worthwhile if:

1. Reversal has a bigger projectile size (or another change to help land the attack).
    2. Change Godslayer to this: Reversal starts off with 800 damage and always fires back, but absorbs less damage overall.

I think Defiant Fist holds its own but having some extra damage to charge, say 115% extra damage would be nice. This naturally influences the shots it takes to kill, so you have to prepare more before rushing in.

As for abilities and cards, not much needs to change.

Defiance: The ability works well, I just feel like the animation should play faster, or one of his cards could give you a short lasting speed boost when defiance hits.

Reversal: Make it easier to hit or change Godslayer. Reversal would also make Nether Step more useful if it made you move faster while it was active.

Nether Step: I think this is his biggest weakness as of now. A ten second cooldown is much, when you have to manage the 4 second usage time, also without any other form of speed boost besides Elusive. How I'd go about making it better is changing the speed boost of Elusive to 15% every level for 1.5 seconds. Change Featherweight to make it so every second Androxus is gliding, cooldowns are reduced by x amount. Giving Nether Step an alternate purpose could also work, such as making anyone you pass through take 300 damage, but retaining the 10 second cooldown.
    The easiest way to improve it is to reduce the cooldown to maybe about 8 seconds, and active time to 6 seconds, or make it charge based like Kinessa's mines.

• PC

@U538274618
    in my opinion androxus is fine and doesn't need to buff.
    just bring back the 700 damage defiant and he will be very fine.

EDIT: yes I agree with you about his nether step.
    How about making the nether step go on cooldown even if it's in use?

• psst, his new talent has worse dps, and no benefits

at least give it better drop off

• The new old Cursed revolver is definitely rather lackluster and out of place in the current spammy burst meta, though I use it because the slow methodical fire rate is just so good.

Imo the best way to buff him without having another Heads will roll/Defiant fist situation is to simply buff his nether step by giving it individual cooldowns like Rukus has, the problem he has now is being forced to decide whether he wants to use his mobility to engage or disengage because while the reversal reset build is good it's very predictable and easy to avoid. If he didn't have to risk losing all his dashes because the enemy stunned him or something then he'll be a lot more viable across the ranks

@OriginalEquinox said in Buffing Androxus:

The new old Cursed revolver is definitely rather lackluster and out of place in the current spammy burst meta, though I use it because the slow methodical fire rate is just so good.

buff his nether step by giving it individual cooldowns like Rukus has, the problem he has now is being forced to decide whether he wants to use his mobility to engage or disengage because while the reversal reset build is good it's very predictable and easy to avoid.

The old Dark Stalker talent did give separate dashes, but it was pretty overpowered and very infuriating. He was almost impossible to take down, and in the current state of the game that would be too much mobility. Even 2 years ago, it was too much mobility, having it now would be pretty bad imo

• @Peinzius add a separate cooldown for each dash, say 5 seconds, and slightly nerf his reset card as well if necessary. He still has one of the bigger hitboxes and can be hit during his dashes so I doubt he'll be as much as a nuisance as Koga was on release, but I have no idea how he performs on PC so idk maybe you're right

• What needs to be done to make him good is just make him like he was at late 2018, Punch to 700, and Abyssal Touch full dash reset, that's everything he needs: more mobility, and more damage, at the moment he can't beat a good Cassie or a Strix in a 1v1, and he has no mobility to get in and out of fights like Evie. They only nerfed him cuz weak players couldn't deal with him, not cuz he was op.

• @U538274618 its just too easy to exhaust his options in a 1v1 environment too.

• @U538274618

Andy Main here (or at least trying to be),

Androxus really needs some changes in his favor with how so much of his abilities are lackluster compared to new and even some old champions.

Reversal could some more reliability as to hitting targets and/or have it absorb damage from all directions. It's so easy to render it useless just by a quick dash or dodge and I've had it where people kill me before the charge is ever thrown at all, let alone living long enough to see it.

Nether Step should go back to having seperate charges or having the talent that makes it so with some champions (Koga, Maeve, etc.) able to use their dashes multiple times in rapid succession. I've never been more frustrated going up against a really good maeve that jumps multiple times and pounces all over the place.

Defiance to me is only a tad lackluster unless you use the talent for it which is what I've been using lately. I think a tad bit more extra damage per shot would be a real good change in his favor so he has the close quarters power needed to at least take a good chunk off Tankier champions.

I as well as others have been noticing hit registration and aim assist issues with Andy after this shore patrol update and I hope EvilMojo looks into it at least.

I hope he gets just a few buffs in any or all of these categories so he can still be a viable option in the current meta but one can dream I suppose. I've been really discerned playing lately with this new update and I may play a bit less for a while the way things are currently.

That's my rant. Carry on.