Input on the Sha'Lin Rework

• PC

Okay, so to preface this, congrats on killing Sha'Lin EM. He does so little damage, contributes so little, and is just so counterable that he has no place in the meta if he stays as is, and yes I'm talking about this being the case if all the bugs with him were fixed. He simply does not bring enough to the table to warrant even playing, let alone to make him actually viable at this point.

But to the topic at hand, what do I think should be done to fix his glaring problems coming into Season 3? Of course, I won't go into immense detail (because really, there's a lot to be done here) but I'll just put down a few points with his abilities and talents.

• Recurve needs to be a part of his base kit (pre-buff Recurve obviously, because 25% increased fire rate might just break him).
    • Keep the 600 damage Rapid Shot as is, leave it unaffected by the increased fire rate (I'll get to why in a second). Bring the duration up to 2 seconds to account for this damage increase (in other words, the DPS would actually slightly decrease from the PTS version from ~1667 to 1500, but it would be a buff from the intended ~1389 DPS). It would be a buff of 111 from the intended version.
    • Get rid of Desert Silence. The talent is going to be extremely hard to balance and keep not frustrating to players going against the Sha, because silences in general are unfun for the players affected by them, especially if they can be used from long range like this.
    • Bring back old Desert Shadow (in Desert Silence's place), EXCEPT make it state "after going invisible" instead of "after using Withdraw." This would make it also include his ultimate. Nerf the damage boost to 20% to compensate if needed.
    • Give Rapid Shot a talent. My idea is a talent that increases he projectiles fired by 2, but makes it take .1 second longer to fire. This would increase the DPS of the ability to 2000 and give him a great option to deal with flankers or pressure shields. Don't know what exactly to call it though.

Just some thoughts.

• @Dusklicious said in Input on the Sha'Lin Rework:

• Recurve needs to be a part of his base kit (pre-buff Recurve obviously, because 25% increased fire rate might just break him).

• Get rid of Desert Silence. The talent is going to be extremely hard to balance and keep not frustrating to players going against the Sha, because silences in general are unfun for the players affected by them, especially if they can be used from long range like this.

• Bring back old Desert Shadow (in Desert Silence's place)

I agree with these points. Just put 15% recurve in his base kit (Recurve talent should make 25% out of it), he would feel a lot better with this, and add the 2 extra stealth seconds into Desert Shadow, and maybe some other minor buffs and he'd honestly be playable again. I hate the whole Silence and Cripple thing on him, that's kinda cancer, especially the silence is kinda busted. The old stun arrow was way more balanced and rewarding and satisfying if used corretly

Sha Lin is dead? Good good......

Now how do we cremate his corpse to make sure he doesn't reanimate?

Joking aside, well thought out suggestions, even if I despise Sha Lin with ever fibre of my body.

• @Peinzius I see sha lin only being picked up with recurve indeed, tho think about it, sha lin without recurve has a dps of 666, which is worse than imani's fire in every way, that aside, i feel like they should make him shoot faster and rework the other talents, i would rework desert shadow so that invis will last longer and you can shoot once without braking invis, i have idea about the other one tho, i was fine with the old 1300 burst shot