Io's fox

• This is not a hate thread by any means I just would like some tips. How can I deal with Io's fox when I am a frontline? I know there is bulldozer and I try to make the best out of it but some tanks damage is still low to deal with that fox. I think the best way would be going straight for Io herself and take her out I would assume so that the fox will die.

I have tried to deal with the fox with bulldozer but Io's 25% dmg reduction talent combined with her healing still make that fox hard to kill, along with smart IOs knowing when to micro manage the fox.

In short, I would like to know how you all deal with the fox? Any tips would be appreciated 😄

• If you're talking about the stun Luna gives, it's a good idea you pick up Resilience if you struggle with it. Get another teammate to deal with Luna, or have a flanker or damage dealer kill Io as soon as she appears in the battlefield. If possible, have 2 guys pick on Io, as she can only stun one person at the time. Whilst one is stunned, the other can hit Io hard.

Playing with friends helps too. My friends and I generally all get Bulldozer at some point, and at that point, coupled with Caut, it makes Io pretty much obsolete towards mid-end game.

• As a Frontline you will want to focus and deny Io from getting a good angle for healing rather then have to destroy that deployable on your own, it takes to long for you to do brake that pet alone, Tank damage is for bruising utlity more then slaying.

Io will escape most of the time if attacked, but will often leave the deployable behind or deploy it to fight you, either way making Io move the deployable should be your objective to throw off Io's CD management.

Next step is pushing Io out of line of sight of her deployable so she cannot heal it, or make her want to redeploy it to fight you. If it does get used to fight you and Io has attacked you, it takes time deploy, if you can see it coming gtfo unless you have CC immune options to eat the stun.

If you want to slay it as a tank you will need to go with the high inhand attack tanks with CC armour or HP reset after sustaining big damage like Inara, Makoa, Atlas...

Moved to Gameplay & Strategy.

• Her fox is great ... it can capture alone, push the payload, just have to keep it healed. I always take bulldozer against IO ... speeds up killing Luna. Tyra’s fire bomb makes quick work of Luna too.

• Does cauterize work on the fox? Otherwise a tank has a dps of around 600. With 150% from bulldozer III this is 1500. Minus 25% damage reduction 1125. If Io heals for 1000 this will only take you 40 seconds. Io's moonlight will run out after a while though. So I'd say: whack the ugly critter!

• PC

@M3RC3N4RI0 said in Io's fox:

Does cauterize work on the fox? Otherwise a tank has a dps of around 600. With 150% from bulldozer III this is 1500. Minus 25% damage reduction 1125. If Io heals for 1000 this will only take you 40 seconds. Io's moonlight will run out after a while though. So I'd say: whack the ugly critter!

cauterize doesn't apply on Luna, she is immune to all CC
    then Bulldozer 3 is 225% increased damage, basically Luna dies in less than 5sec from a dmg and 10sec for a tank I think if you heal her all that time which isn't possible

of course with the 25% dmg reduce it's harder, but considering 300hp/sec from luna is way better and anyway a good Io will always try to stay near Luna so Luna doesn't die, heals Io, and replenish moonlight while helping with flanks thanks to the holy free stun and autoaim dmg, of course Luna can cap the point but aside when zoning Luna shouldn't be on point cause she dies too fast

• @TangAce said in Io's fox:

cauterize doesn't apply on Luna, she is immune to all CC
    then Bulldozer 3 is 225% increased damage, basically Luna dies in less than 5sec from a dmg and 10sec for a tank I think if you heal her all that time which isn't possible

That's what I also thought but wiki says different: https://paladins.gamepedia.com/Bulldozer