What to do about Healing? PTS Suggestions

• PC

#anchor(%(#221ffc)[Healing and Item Change Ideas])

%(#221ffc)[NOTE: the general idea of these changes is to make healing feel better, while not simultaneously making it broken. All of the healing nerfs are based on a combination of performance and a need to offset the Cauterize changes I'll suggest. There are also other changes affecting some supports, though I won't go into explaining them in detail, because, well, I tried to and it requires a bit of an essay. Buffs are in green, nerfs are in red, though the Items title is red for color diversity.]

%(#f50e0e)[ITEMS]

%(#000000)[Cauterize-]
    Cost and Duration changes %(#f50e0e)[reverted]. (X)

%(#000000)[Bulldozer-]
    Bonus damage to deployables %(#00f50c)[increased] from 20% to 25% per rank.

%(#000000)[Wrecker-]
    Bonus damage to shields %(#00f50c)[increased] from 20% to 25% per rank.

%(#000000)[Rejuvenate-]
    Bonus %(#00f50c)[increased] from 5% per rank to 8% per rank.

%(#00f50c)[CHAMPIONS]

%(#000000)[Furia-]
    Kindle Soul- Base Heal %(#f50e0e)[decreased] from 1000 to 940.
    Solar Blessing- Healing %(#f50e0e)[decreased] from 300 per .05 seconds to 300 per .1 seconds. %(#00f50c)[Pyre Strike's speed is no longer reduced].

%(#000000)[Grohk-]
    Lightning Staff- %(#f50e0e)[Damage no longer increases the longer you strike an enemy].
    Healing Totem- Base radius %(#00f50c)[increased] from 100 units to 160 units. Healing per second %(#00f50c)[increased] from 420 to 425 (from 105 per .25 seconds to 85 per .2 seconds). Cooldown %(#00f50c)[decreased] from 15 seconds to 8 seconds. %(#f50e0e)[Cooldown now begins when the totem is destroyed.]
    Ghost Walk- Base duration %(#00f50c)[increased] from 1 second to 1.5 seconds. Movement speed increase %(#00f50c)[increased] from 20% to 50%.
    Tempest- Healing %(#f50e0e)[decreased] from 500/.5s to 450/.5s.
    Totemic Ward- Crowd Control immunity duration %(#f50e0e)[decreased] from 2 seconds to 1 second. Healing bonus %(#00f50c)[increased] from 30% to 40%.
    Spirit's Domain- %(#00f50c)[Now the healing on affected allies increases by 10% for every 5 tics Grohk continuously hits on them, up to a 30% increase at 15 tics].
    Maelstrom- Shock Pulse cooldown reduction on Lightning Staff hit %(#f50e0e)[decreased] from .5s to .25s.
    Arc Lightning- Shock Pulse range increase %(#f50e0e)[decreased] from (12|12)% to (10|10)%.
    Astral Traveler- %(#f50e0e)[Current effect removed]. %(#00f50c)[Now heals you for (25|25) every .5 seconds during Ghost Walk] (Heals for (5|5) per tic every .1 seconds).
    Gale- Totem Cooldown Reduction upon the end of Ghost Walk %(#f50e0e)[decreased] from (1|1)s to (.8|.8)s.
    Healing Rain- %(#f50e0e)[Current effect removed]. %(#00f50c)[Now grants allies within the Totem's range a (20|20) shield every .5 seconds, each instance of shielding lasting 2.5 seconds].
    Monolith Totem- Totem health increase %(#f50e0e)[decreased] from (250|250) to (150|150).
    Outreach- Totem range increase %(#f50e0e)[decreased] from (25|25)% to (10|10)%.
    Shamanic Might- Health increase %(#f50e0e)[decreased] from (100|100) to (50|50).
    Thunderstruck- Ammo generation %(#00f50c)[changed] from (6|6)% ammo to (10|10) ammo. %(#f50e0e)[Applies only on the first enemy hit].
    Totemic Rescue- Shield %(#f50e0e)[decreased] from (200|200) to (90|90). Internal cooldown %(#00f50c)[decreased] from 45 seconds to 30 seconds.

%(#000000)[Grover-]
    Rampant Blooming- Healing change %(#00f50c)[reverted].
    Deep Roots- Radius increase %(#f50e0e)[reverted].
    Verdant Expanse- %(#00f50c)[Increased] radius boost from (4|4)% to (6|6)%.
    Fatalis- Blossom cooldown reduction on vine hit %(#f50e0e)[decreased] from (.6|.6)s to (.4|.4)s.

%(#000000)[Io-]
    Rush (Luna's Stun)- Cooldown reduction increase %(#00f50c)[reverted].
    Goddess' Blessing- Damage reduction %(#00f50c)[increased] from 15% to 20%.
    Life Link- Healing per second %(#00f50c)[increased] from 180 to 200.

%(#000000)[Jenos-]
    Astral Mark- Healing %(#00f50c)[increased] from 180 to 200 per second. Cooldown reduction change %(#f50e0e)[reverted].
    Luminary- (Should be reworked later) Damage increase %(#f50e0e)[decreased] from 15% to 10%.
    Binary Star- %(#f50e0e)[Now consumes 2 ammo per shot], drop-off %(#00f50c)[decreased slightly at short to medium range].

%(#000000)[Mal'Damba-]
    Reload Speed- %(#00f50c)[Reduced] by 20%.
    Mending Spirits- Healing per second %(#f50e0e)[decreased] from 250 to 240.
    Ripened Gourd- Healing boost %(#f50e0e)[decreased] from 100% to 40%.

%(#000000)[Pip-]
    Catalyst- Damage increase %(#00f50c)[increased] from 30% to 35%.

%(#000000)[Seris-]
    Restore Soul- Cooldown %(#f50e0e)[increased] from 2 seconds to 3 seconds. Healing over the duration %(#00f50c)[increased] from 1400 to 1500.

%(#000000)[Skye-]
    Healing Vapors- Buff %(#f50e0e)[reverted].

%(#000000)[Ying-]
    Healing per 1.6 seconds per illusion %(#f50e0e)[decreased] from 420 to 400.
    Illusory Rift healing over 6 seconds %(#f50e0e)[decreased] from 4800 to 4200.
    Resonance- %(#00f50c)[Illusion explosions now also heal allies.]

EDIT: They did the Caut changes in the recent update. Furia's beam got an unnoticeable and small buff, and Grover's Blossom got buffed a tiny bit when that wasn't really the issue, and that buff just further cements Hybrid Grover's position as being superior in every way to Rampant Blooming.

• PC

@Dusklicious

I think Resilience got nerfed too hard - I think it should be [25/50/75].

I thought Luna was already buffed to 200. I'll have to check it. Edit: I recall seeing it in game under advanced. As I said, I'll check it or maybe it's a doc error.

I like the Ying Resonance suggestion. Edit: What range, how many allies at once and heal value. Any reason not to also have it with Focusing Lens?

• PC

@DaddyOoker said in What to do about Healing? PTS Suggestions:

@Dusklicious

I think Resilience got nerfed too hard - I think it should be [25/50/75].

I thought Luna was already buffed to 200. I'll have to check it.

I like the Ying Resonance suggestion. Any reason not to also have it with Focusing Lens?

I'm not sure honestly how to feel on Resil.

I don't see it anywhere.

It wouldn't really work with Focusing Lens, but it combines rather well with Resonance. Plus Focusing Lens already has plenty of confirmable damage while still being able to heal decently enough as well.

• PC

@Dusklicious Agree with literally everything, except the mending spirits nerf, it’s very weak like this.

• PC

@DambaKing said in What to do about Healing? PTS Suggestions:

@Dusklicious Agree with literally everything, except the mending spirits nerf, it’s very weak like this.

It's mainly to account for Caut's duration increase and cost decrease getting reverted. It shouldn't really make that much of a difference with that in consideration. Like all of the other very small heal nerfs.

• PC

So Totemic Ward Grohk with:

Gale V, Astral Traveler II, Healing Rain III, Haunting IV, Outreach I...

🤔

• PC

@Dusklicious Confirmed... Luna does heal 200. It says 200 on the Talent selection screen and I confirmed it actually is healing 50 per tick where production is 75 per tick.

• PC

@DaddyOoker said in What to do about Healing? PTS Suggestions:

@Dusklicious Confirmed... Luna does heal 200. It says 200 on the Talent selection screen and I confirmed it actually is healing 50 per tick where production is 75 per tick.

Odd, I don't see it looking in the PTS Update notes they put up on here...

• PC

@Dusklicious > It wouldn't really work with Focusing Lens, but it combines rather well with Resonance. Plus Focusing Lens already has plenty of confirmable damage while still being able to heal decently enough as well.

FL heals suffer exactly the same as Resonance.

You can still shatter illusions with FL that explode. It might not work quite as well as Resonance but it would still be a decent heal buff that is missing with FL.

• PC

This post is deleted!

• I don't get the drastic damage Grohk changes. The buffs you proposed won't really make him broken. Although I do think that he would need even more to be viable. I think the two healing talents should be put together in a balanced way so that you don't loose the ability to heal flanks. Plus, then we get tank Grohk back with Wraith.

Rampant Blooming is such an unnecessary talent tbh. If anything he should gain a third source of healing like Ying. For example, hits with the Crippling Throw could heal allies close to the enemy that got hit by it. But then again you run the risk of deathball meta when it's a good talent.

• PC

@Problematist said in What to do about Healing? PTS Suggestions:

I don't get the drastic damage Grohk changes. The buffs you proposed won't really make him broken. Although I do think that he would need even more to be viable. I think the two healing talents should be put together in a balanced way so that you don't loose the ability to heal flanks. Plus, then we get tank Grohk back with Wraith.

Rampant Blooming is such an unnecessary talent tbh. If anything he should gain a third source of healing like Ying. For example, hits with the Crippling Throw could heal allies close to the enemy that got hit by it. But then again you run the risk of deathball meta when it's a good talent.

Wraith hasn't been in the game since Beta what are you talking about... The changes are highly necessary, so people will actually consider playing him as an actual healer again for the first time in actual years. The changes are geared towards that goal in mind. Plus, do you really think that Maelstrom should always be the only viable talent?

I'd rather run the risk of deathball comps once in a while popping up than run the risk of having a talent that actually has no reason to be picked whatsoever.