What Your Main Says About You

• PC

A dumb idea I got from Smash videos by Introspektive back when Ultimate still wasn't out yet, and recently from DukeSloth's Smite videos, I think it was about a time we started deliberating what our mains say about us.

I'll start:

Barik (Honesty about myself on this one)- You may be playing a character that's been at least mid tier for most of the game's lifespan (though there were times he had it rough, like early Season 1), but you don't succumb to the meta. You could care less whether Reddit takes a heaping $#!+ on your champion at every opportunity (they do by the way, and it's really annoying).

You probably will always think Architectonics is Barik's best talent no matter what others will tell you, and you'll even make the build work in the worst of times, and you'll go on boasting about your more than likely quite high win rate. You probably have your own interpretation of how to play the character.

You almost certainly complain at least once every other game about your team dealing no damage. You may even be more of a Damage player than a Tank player (I'm not but I digress), but you still respect your supports more than your average Damage main. You probably think you're a certified genius at the game as well, and feel like its cemented every time you escape with almost no health left, or pop off with that once in a lifetime play.

You also probably will go out of your way to point out how somebody, even at a high level is playing the character wrong and more than likely at least once in your words "just getting carried by their team". "You don't have enough OMT investment, you need more Forged Alloy, you're running Tinkerin and real Barik mains are all about Architectonics..." I could go on.

As for characters you hate, oh there's a few. You always rag on Drogoz mains, especially for whining about when their character is out of the meta when they can literally one shot you. You also find anyone who mains Inara boring and think they only play her for the Trump memes. You though will always hate Cassie mains the most for ruining your character, and also using THAT F***ING SUN KISSED SKIN. As for the character you have the most respect for, it's honestly your own.

Anyways, what do you think certain mains say about certain people? Do you feel like commenting on your own main like I have?

• PC

Apparently this thread gets views, but everybody just wants to see what I have to say? Okay. Of course, this is based on my own perceptions, some may be quite far from reality.

Drogoz: You're a horrible person, who thinks you should always be entitled to have one of the best champions in the game. There, I got that out of the way. You may also play him because he pretty much is the One Punch Man of this game.

Cassie: Do you really want to main Cassie over any other character? No? Is it because of the skins? No? Maybe it's because at one point she took enough skill to warrant maining and you felt like a bad@$$? I'm honestly not sure what to say about you other than you're probably a meta slave.

Fernando: You are probably either a really vain person that identifies with Fernando or you have some sort of attraction to his flamboyant personality. Or you just enjoy flanking with a tank. But I still stand on this: I think a good chunk of Fernando mains are probably either female, gay, or are Ash mains who'll main Fernando now that Ash is going to suck in 3.1.

Ash: You're probably into butch women, either that or you are one. You really enjoy knocking people off of maps, and you probably looked at 3.1's patch notes with the most absolute of disgust. You may consider just switching to Fernando.

Grohk: You just really, really don't give a f*** about the meta or what your team thinks. I know, because I used to be one of you. You also probably really enjoy the idea of carrying your team with a "support" champion.

Lex: Admit it, you secretly want to main Androxus, but feel like you aren't good enough at playing him to actually go through with it. Otherwise, why would you settle for a champion as uninteresting as Lex? You probably respect Androxus mains more than anyone else who plays the game, even actual Androxus mains.

Lian: Admit it, you don't main her because you like the way she plays, but because she's your waifu. Lian is on your mind probably all the time, and you probably look at a heck of a lot of rule 34. Also, you're almost definitely a pervert.

Pip: There's two kinds of you. The kinds that actually want to prove he can heal as good as the best of the meta (and brag about the time you got 220k heals with Pip), and the others who just always run Catalyst and treasure your Pip pentas. Either way, you probably have the character at least Mastery 50, if not 75.

Viktor: You're probably a troll who insists on feeding instead of playing the character well. Or you just play Cardio for the lulz. Either way, he may be my best flex damage pick, but I don't like you who main him. At all. Also, you played a LOT of Call of Duty before you played Paladins.

Strix: I'm not entirely sure what to think about you. I mean you probably have a thing for owls, and you probably played a lot of Call of Duty. You probably also like the idea of 360 or even 420 no-scoping your opponent. You're also probably obsessed with MLG memes.

Zhin: You definitely like watching anime, and when I mean like watching anime, I mean you probably watch it obsessively. You're also probably a selfish scumbag in real life, since you seem to be in-game.

• Switch

Io:
    あなたのくそです。
    WHY MUST YOU TAKE MY MMAAIINN!!!

• PC

@Dusklicious F you hit the mark with ash...

I'm honestly not creative enough and my english is poor to do a post like you did about barik, probably it happened to other people

• PC

@Dusklicious

lmao on some of this.

I don't really have what I consider a main and my preferences of which to play have changed over time. If you were to see the playtime from both my accounts you would see a significant change though Seris is up there on both accounts.

What's your beef against Cassie? IMO, She's fun to play, dodging and stuff.

I don't agree about your Ash stuff other than the knocking and disappointment over even further nerfs.

The last part of your Zhin comment applies to many Strix players I've run into.

• PC

Makoa:

• You don't like seeing things flying around, when you sees flies you are the one who smash them even if it gets you dirty.
    • You tell all your friends about how cool is dutchsman makoa skin and it's song but when it's time to work you use the plushy skins series.
    • You are dissapointed that you can't pick your champion in ranked so you decide to go to play casuals and stomp people and make them pay for your frustation.
    • When you saw the S3 patch notes you feel delighted knowing that makoa won't be a permaban altough you see people complaining that makoa got buffed and wonder if you will see the light again.
    • You feel twice as chad now that pluck will be meta in s3.
    • You laugh when your team is thinking that you are a tank but you don't say anything.

• PC

@DaddyOoker said in What Your Main Says About You:

What's your beef against Cassie? IMO, She's fun to play, dodging and stuff.
    I don't agree about your Ash stuff other than the knocking and disappointment over even further nerfs.

I think I went over what my beef with her was in my initial post. Combination of people maining her flexing Barik and turning Tinkerin into the meta, Sun Kissed being obnoxious, and just how cancer she is.

As I said, my perceptions may be far from reality. They're also generalizations.

• PC

@Dusklicious Having gone against Jayflare's Cassie the other day.. A true PITA. Luckily I don't run into too many Cassies at that level so it's all good. I'd rather fight a good Cassie than a good Maeve or even Evie.

That skin.. Whatever.. You must cringe over Skye or Carnival Ying. lol.

• PC

@Dusklicious Having gone against Jayflare's Cassie the other day.. A true PITA. Luckily I don't run into too many Cassies at that level so it's all good. I'd rather fight a good Cassie than a good Maeve or even Evie.

I don't. Skye's fine and Carnival Ying is a good skin. Sun Kissed's voice lines are literally the most obnoxious thing in the game though.

• PC

@Dusklicious said in What Your Main Says About You:

I don't. Skye's fine and Carnival Ying is a good skin. Sun Kissed's voice lines are literally the most obnoxious thing in the game though.

I like the Carnival Ying Skin. That's not what I meant. Apparently I misunderstand the exact issue you have with Cassie's Sun Kissed skin. I can think of much more annoying voices/sounds than anything Cassie says - Think Evie or the the BK Grumpy squeal from hell. Oh yeah, Willo.

• @Dusklicious said in What Your Main Says About You:

Apparently this thread gets views, but everybody just wants to see what I have to say? Okay. Of course, this is based on my own perceptions, some may be quite far from reality.

Fernando: You are probably either a really vain person that identifies with Fernando or you have some sort of attraction to his flamboyant personality. Or you just enjoy flanking with a tank. But I still stand on this: I think a good chunk of Fernando mains are probably either female, gay, or are Ash mains who'll main Fernando now that Ash is going to suck in 3.1.

Btw nobody take this seriously

HEY! I AM NOT GAY! VAIN... YES... But I am straight AF

Khan: You like throwing people off the map.

Lian: You think pressing more than one button to deal more than half of someone's hp as damage is overrated. Or you like her butt, and think aiming is overrated so you build a deck that enables you to deal 1200 damage to your LoS without any need to aim.

Cassie: (for real now, coming from an actual cassie player, not someone who hates it as much as @Dusklicious ) You main damage dealers. KEK

Strix: You are either a silent carry, or an idiotic VGS spammer

Kinessa: You are the original sniper. But you know, you die to a Strix in every Timber Mill game you very rarely get.

• PC

Since I'm bored I will do some for maeve as well even tough it will be less extensive than makoa's one (less meme material 😞 ...)

• You like destroying people 1 vs 1 but when you are losing you are fast to flee.

• Even if maeve gets 100 skins in your heart alley cat will be the best one.

• You only use merrymaker maeve to spam Awesome! and you have been reported for it.

• You may have considered switching to IO but you remain royal to your mistress.

• You love seeing kinessa in the enemy team but strix... that thing scares you...

• You cry inside when you see the S3 buff, thinking that old street justice times will be back

• PC

I'll do a couple more:

Inara: You really like Trump wall memes. Hopefully you'll realize that those memes died like almost 3 years ago, but you won't care of course. Also, you're a rare breed, considering how basic of a champion Inara really is. I honestly don't know why you don't main Barik or Terminus instead.

Raum: You probably have an obsession with demons. Also, may I point you to the TF2 Heavy? Raum and him aren't too dissimilar in playstyle. Of course, he's way more basic than Raum, but still. Also, hitting a Raum ult on multiple people may make something happen in your pants.

• This post is deleted!

• PC

This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• PC

This post is deleted!

• @Dusklicious dunno, havent been on forums for a while I do sound dumb

It is like I am now being a right wing supporter who justifies themselves to protect a certain opinion

God I need to play paladins again... XD

• PC

Im a man of culture and play flying inara with a buck cosplay, dont know what are you guys talking about playing inara on point I just kill their backline.

Jokes aside I've played her in ranked since original beta as point tank with good winrates and she is all about decision making and creativity because her only slightly difficult mechanics are her basic attacks and her wall. People seems to just stay on point and hit the barik but thats boring as hell...

Edit: I got the feeling that I did a post like this one before

• @ShogunPukin said in What Your Main Says About You:

She is all about decision making and creativity because her only slightly difficult mechanics are her basic attacks and her wall. People seems to just stay on point and hit the barik but thats boring as hell...

See @Dusklicious

Edit : Mercy me, I need to save my reputation since this is a new account don't downvote... pleaseee