January Rage Thread

First Rage Thread in 2020!
    So.. why are you angry in New Year?

• the fact that strix is getting picked more and more every single game, and the fact that hes still remains OP.
    Listen up, im happy with 90% of the changes of season 3, but the one that bothered me the most is the fact that strix is still gonna have a frickin machine gun where the scoping in only takes 0.1s

• @Carlolrac555 said in January Rage Thread:

the fact that strix is getting picked more and more every single game, and the fact that hes still remains OP.
    Listen up, im happy with 90% of the changes of season 3, but the one that bothered me the most is the fact that strix is still gonna have a frickin machine gun where the scoping in only takes 0.1s

I can see why they are hesitant to listen to fan feedback. Fans literally got Io nerfed to shit because a few reckless flank mains got dealt with. Io didn't need a nerf to Luna, I thought she actually needed a few buffs. Like a cooldown reduction on the stun from 15s-->12s. Then a little thing on the side that tells when she'll next stun. Then a buff in the range of her healing from 125-->250 units. A nerf to Goddess Blessing, 25%-->20% damage reduction.

With stuff like that above, you can see why they hesitate to nerf things due to fan outrage. With Strix though, it's so easy to nerf him and keep him healthy. Just have him only do 1,000 damage up close with a 1,500 headshot, and 1,200 damage at range with an 1,800 headshot. Nerf Crackshot's bonus damage from 20%-->15% and decrease the bonus time from 4s-->3s. Nerf Unauthorized Use's bonus damage from 400% to 200%, and the cooldown reduction from 10s-->5s. That way the flare does only 400 with UU and the cooldown is 10s instead of 5s. That's 1900 overall damage with UU, which flanks can survive. Then replace the Nocturnal talent with a talent where his sniper rifle deals an extra 10% when you only use the rifle, stacking 2 times, so you can deal up to 30% damage per shot in his rifle if you stay in, and it'll last 5 seconds. That'll encourage more use of his sniper with that talent, and make it viable.

I don't want to nerf him to hard because you have Kinessa. I want both to be viable. Kinessa should have her mines slow as well to be honest. Strix would still be better against flankers with his burst, while she's better against tanks. But Kinessa wouldn't just be hopeless against flanks while Strix has the option of shredding tanks.

• @HeartQueen Srry to tell you this, but Io was really strong already, if you would play against an io with a damager or a flanker, you would know that the stun is extremely annoying and it got me killed several times. I have no problem with strix' damage, but I do with the fact that he shoots every litteral second, thats too fast for any sniper, plus scoping in doesnt take any time at all, and then you have those quickscopes that doesnt even need you to scope in fully, but give you an accurate shot, I dont want a nerf to anything of his kit, but I do want one for his sniper, whether its nerfing the scope in time or nerfing his firerate, its gonna fix it. But the way he plays rn is not healthy for the game, Ive seen every pro getting pissed off on strix mains, ive seen my friends get mad about it, and I do so too, pls just nerf strix

• Io's Dog is too beefy. You need to rush bulldozer immediately to deal with it. And the problem is, you also need other important items like Caut, Wrecker, Resil and stuff. Considering Bulldozer gets cut in half next patch, why isn't the dog's health cut in half as well, to 2250, why only from 4500 to 4000? It's too hard to kill. And the nerf on the DR is more than justified, 25% DR is just too much, it can't be cauterized away, it can't be countered at all. Adanas said that Io by far has the least amount of deaths among all support, so this is a clear sign that she's too strong. And when it comes Strix, I think he'll be fine next patch, but I still hate him and want him to be nerfed even more. I think his stealth needs to be removed. It's just unfair that he can win the sniper duels cuz he will always get the 1st shot off, without Kinessa being able to do anything against it.

• PC

Is it so friggin hard to let us login here? Hi-Rez login doesn't work. Now the PS4 login is intermittent. Having to resort to Steam login which I hate because I have to check my email for the stupid code. FIX THIS SHIT!

@HeartQueen Srry to tell you this, but Io was really strong already, if you would play against an io with a damager or a flanker, you would know that the stun is extremely annoying and it got me killed several times. I have no problem with strix' damage, but I do with the fact that he shoots every litteral second, thats too fast for any sniper, plus scoping in doesnt take any time at all, and then you have those quickscopes that doesnt even need you to scope in fully, but give you an accurate shot, I dont want a nerf to anything of his kit, but I do want one for his sniper, whether its nerfing the scope in time or nerfing his firerate, its gonna fix it. But the way he plays rn is not healthy for the game, Ive seen every pro getting pissed off on strix mains, ive seen my friends get mad about it, and I do so too, pls just nerf strix

The stun is literally every 15 seconds with not way to bring it down. I could see if she were able to bring it down to 10 seconds with a talent, or if she can chain her cooldown like Furia (moonlight to bring stun down, stun to restore moonlight, etc, etc.), but she isn't. You can't even tell when the dog is going to stun, which is why she needs that. Io is balanced by the fact that she has a flat cooldown, and she's made to counter flanks like Evie, Maeve, Moji, Buck, etc. She's also made to counter people like Cassie and Lian. Io still has a lot of counters. Evie can ice block. Moji can use magic barrier. Zhin and Koga are hard counters to her. Talus can teleport. Maeve is mobile enough to leave the stun area. She's not this broken champion, you just need to pick her counters or play it safe to kill her. That's not even including people like Grohk, Ash, Atlas, Seris, Willo, Bomb King, Fernando, etc. People who destroy Io. She's not OP.

@schachmaty said in January Rage Thread:

Io's Dog is too beefy. You need to rush bulldozer immediately to deal with it. And the problem is, you also need other important items like Caut, Wrecker, Resil and stuff. Considering Bulldozer gets cut in half next patch, why isn't the dog's health cut in half as well, to 2250, why only from 4500 to 4000? It's too hard to kill. And the nerf on the DR is more than justified, 25% DR is just too much, it can't be cauterized away, it can't be countered at all. Adanas said that Io by far has the least amount of deaths among all support, so this is a clear sign that she's too strong. And when it comes Strix, I think he'll be fine next patch, but I still hate him and want him to be nerfed even more. I think his stealth needs to be removed. It's just unfair that he can win the sniper duels cuz he will always get the 1st shot off, without Kinessa being able to do anything against it.

I was surprised they didn't nerf the dog's health either. 2250 HP is healthy for the dog, especially with bulldozer getting nerfed. I think Io has the least amount of deaths because people don't know how to counter her yet. Remember when people killed Imani because everyone complained about how OP she was, now they want her to have buffs. I don't want any other champion to face that.

• @HeartQueen have u heard of a fat cassie called Barik? Luna deals about the same damage as barik's two turrets, but do the turrets stun anyone? I dont think so. Her damage output is rlly good. She already had a stun counter when she was released, pls play the game instead of talking like u know it all. believe me shes good

• PUPPER does not look as durable as an armoured battle turtle or ironclad knight... AND being more durable then a dwarf... BAH....

NERF PUPPY TO 3000
    BUT return its stun CD to 15s.... Just reduce PUPPY Max Travel Range of... (whats it called?) Rundown, rushdown, 'get down boy'... So PUPPY disapates after.... 35 - 55 units or something... and reduces the CD to 10s if missed...
    REDUCE the redeploy CD time by 2s

Honestly I would just change the stun to a 2s banish... which deals damage over time and allows Luna to flex on being a mystical moon mongrel... but idk...
    Banish CC would just be... less of a secure pick... (that said... Mal-StunBAR can pick with stuns all day)

Problem with the stun CD was not the duration, but with luna HP... so... if you deal 400 damage a second... what hope do you have to destroy that thing alone in close quarters 1v1 if it takes you 10s to slay it alone... and it can get massive healing... trying to duel just takes too long and you will eat a stun...
    It just looks just a bit too much of an asset, this is very good deployable cover for allies when used around terrain.
    Reducing the HP of luna to be pressured sooner and upping its ability to redeploy would be a better way reducing the duration of the ...dogfight...
    PUPPY DOES NOT REALLY NEED FRONTLINE HP... it NEEDS Like...150% PLAYER HP...
    IT NEEDS TO BE AS DURABLE AND MOBLIE AS A PLAYER, NOT A TANK...
    It needs to reward good placement and positioning and not make as much space off its durability, rewarding placement behind player frame of vision, or baiting foes into its line of sight.

• Still can't login using hirez account... Pathetic -DaddyOoker

@Borvik when will there be a fix? 😄

Also @AYYDIMITRI Foxy's stun is called Luna's Rush.

• PC

I get Frog Isle and pick Tyra. Enemy had Skye, Raum, Seris, Moji, Bomb King. Guru not showing my matches from yesterday or I would post from there.

The Catalyst Pip was a complainer during most of the match.... Even before the match he calls Drogoz a noob. Initially I thought they were in a party and it was just a warning but no. End of match Pip claims he carried.

Does this look like Pip carried to you? Other than being top moron he has top nothing. What do you guys consider a carry?

tyra.png

@HeartQueen have u heard of a fat cassie called Barik? Luna deals about the same damage as barik's two turrets, but do the turrets stun anyone? I dont think so. Her damage output is rlly good. She already had a stun counter when she was released, pls play the game instead of talking like u know it all. believe me shes good

I honestly think Barik's turrets should provide a slow with his Architectonics talent.

I know her damage is good and her stun is good. That's why I'm glad it has a flat cooldown that can't be reduced. If she had a card that could reduce it to 10 seconds, or she could chain it like Furia (heal for moonlight to reduce stun, stun to restore moonlight, etc.), then she would be broken.

At this point, she's the only viable support along with Jenos and Furia that can protect themselves with cc, while also providing great healing and utility. I would say Mal'Damba, but he's more for PC than console. I think that's why flanks want her nerfed to the ground so much. Her Furia, and Jenos (Mal'Damba on PC) are the only support that aren't a free kill to flanks while still being able to top off their team with heals.

• PC

Soooooooo the update is now live, VGS SUCKS please fix your broken VGS!!

• What the hell happened to the forums. Cannot even login in on my main account.

However I am more irate at the fact that Ying's Encouragement Spray has been removed.
    I have owned that spray for the longest time and suddenly last patch it was no longer there.
    Actually upon further investigation it looks like any Loadout card spray was removed if you owned it previously.

I mean in The Damned Frontier Update it says "Non-Champion specific player accessories (Avatars, Title, Sprays, etc.) are now the default page on player profile." but where the hell are my sprays I owned?

It must have happened during that update because I was using the spray until then and only switched over for some Holiday themed sprays.

Damn EvilMojo

EDIT: Alright so they moved those sprays to the champion select screen while in a match which is retarded but better than my sprays vanishing altogether.

• Please bring back old VGS system!! It was much funnier to use. At least to me...

• PC

I won't be able to download let alone play until at least tomorrow evening but with everything I'm reading about this update here is my initial reaction.

mindblown300.gif

• Finally I can rage in January.

I would looooove to update my Seris guide... but its page is still broken and I can't. REEEEE---

Also, new patch kind of... sucks.

Items suck.
    Seris sucks.
    Healing sucks.
    VGS sucks.
    New spammy cancer-slow killmebehindcover champion sucks.
    Balance changes suck.
    Optimization sucks.

I give this patch 2/10. 1 point for Imani buffs and 1 for return of flanknando, the only balance changes I really find actually reasonable.

• Well, we can't vote for AOC candidates because the website is down. Come on Hi-Rez!

• PC

devs.png

• PC

@DaddyOoker You made this meme?