January Rage Thread

• Just finished my last ranked qualifier as Ying while getting one less kill than the COMBINED TOTAL OF EVERYONE ELSE ON MY TEAM!!! Why do you hate me universe? 😞

• PC

@TangAce - I repeat Moji troll!!!! Seriously, nothing wrong with it if you're good with her - console or not.

I agree that limiting the window would make the matches more fair. I don't think it's going to magically change your losses into wins since the other team will also be of theoretical similar skill.

I'm still prioritizing caut unless I'm support. Truth is any amount of enemy heal reduction is a benefit. They would have to make it like 10/20/30 to make caut less impactful. Even then with the self sustain that's built in to most champions it still would be useful at those levels.

@OriginalEquinox Paladins placements are actual hell.

• PC

@DaddyOoker

seriously, it would totally change losses into wins
    because right now my problem is that my team can be full gold/silver, enemy full plat/diam, and even tho I can play better than each player on enemy team, I can't win a 1v5 game, if both teams are on the same lvl, then players playing better than their rank would end up winning more thus ranking up, and with little time ranks would be more meaningful
    what's the point in being master if you still play with silvers really

also it would at least give better matches, be it a win or a lose

• PC

@TangAce

Maybe some of them would turn to wins. However some of your wins may now turn to losses since you know that sometimes you won because the enemy was the unlucky recipient of the "handicaps" instead of you.

If you play enough the number of "bad" matchups should become insignificant to your overall WR.

IDK about you but my Q times have increased since S2 - not excessive by any means but noticeable. IDK why.

• PC

How do you make a solo tank Raum that's countered by the entire enemy team and getting hit with stuns nearly non-stop deal top damage?

By having a bad BK (whose damage output was an utter joke considering I literally gave him free damage multiple times, most of which he just ignored) and an AFK Andro (didn't even actually leave the match, he just went AFK), that's how... 😡 Also had a Furia that should have just ran Cherish because they couldn't hit beams ON A RAUM, MIND YOU, worth a $#!+ (but still managed top healing, because they had nothing to heal on their team, BECAUSE THEY TOOK NO DAMAGE, plus they had two healers). Also didn't help the other DPS went Lex, literally the worst champion in the game at the moment with a completely useless ability and mostly downright bad talents (well, Death Hastens is OKAY, but still it's not great because it's on a bad character).

Also, pretty much every game I've played Kinessa this patch in a nutshell: Carries feeders and throwers

Wowo.png

Yeah, this comp had no tank, a Strix who shouldn't have picked him (not only because I already locked Kinessa in, but because he was terrible and dealt no damage), and a throwing Io who picked a support when we already had one. I mean the Grover was good, but other than that this team was trash.

And we almost won, because their Lian was feeding (but still doing absurd damage) and their Inara was bad. Like really bad.

• PC

@DaddyOoker

I play way more games with low lvl team vs average lvl team, simply because my acc lvl is over 600, and since dumb MM is trying to makes avg acc lvl on both team equivalent...well you can guess what happens right

for me Q times are anywhere between 1sec and 10sec, I almost never go past one min in Q

• PC

@TangAce Yeah, it does do that. It should treat anything over 150 as 150 - just picking a number for the discussion.

I mean a higher level means more experience (not necessarily good) but at some point it can't be used for MM purposes.

Q times: Really.. Well you are on EU still NA is busy enough. Casual yesterday was ~2 minutes. Some of my placements took that long as well. S2 was like you say it is now for me - casual or ranked - strange.

• Currently the Paladins forums have two Rage Threads.

This one (the one you're reading right now) and THAT one.

LMAO.

• @DaddyOoker Wish I could say it gets better, for some reason I'm ALWAYS at the bottom of the lobby while the top picks ban Vivian and instalock double flanks and Hirez expects us to put up with 200 of these shit shows for a skin? If only they would play their own game atleast once in a while before making these ridiculous challenges smh

• @OriginalEquinox does refusing to learn count as throwing?

do those players count as throwers?

• PC

@OriginalEquinox said in January Rage Thread:

@DaddyOoker Wish I could say it gets better, for some reason I'm ALWAYS at the bottom of the lobby while the top picks ban Vivian and instalock double flanks and Hirez expects us to put up with 200 of these shit shows for a skin? If only they would play their own game atleast once in a while before making these ridiculous challenges smh

It should be WIN 100 games... Nawww, stupid idea to motivate players to want to win. Disregard this.

• PC

Safecracker Khan waiting for the server to get it's $#!+ together: "YEE YEE YEE YEE HAWHAWHAWHAW!"

YEEYEEYEE.png

And after it does, I get a team that's non-existent, and a massive lag spike. Yay.

• Completing Login and Loading Vendors for ages FFS

Just trying to play Paladins and couldn't do that because fuck you errors and bugs!

(live chat spam)
    Started into Steam 8.43
    Getting to Completing Login 8.45
    Played this song 8.47
    Played this song 8.50
    Still in Completing Login 8.53
    Into this song now...

Fuck, I'm Lonely... started playing on YT

Paladins being closed and reopened again 8.57

In Loading Vendors now 9.00

I'm In!!! I guess I should listen to this song while I log in! (Even though I hate Julia Michaels)

• PC

I just got a toxic, lying Furia player that I hope never to see again, and I hope gets banned. That went 0/15/10 and somehow that's my fault, because their positioning was HORRIBLE... Like the Furia was where a flank should be most of the game. Constantly lied about their beams being close to me when the beams literally were slung ABSURDLY far away from me. Like we were playing on Brightmarsh, and I was standing to the side of the building in front of base (the round one), and the beam was straddling the edge of the map off the covered flank. This Furia deserves the name and shame for being such a toxic moron, but unfortunately that's against forum policy because these are the exact kinds of people who ruin this game for me. I hope I see a notification by tomorrow that says action's been taken... If I don't I'll be VERY mad, because this is pretty much a slam-dunk case of a toxic int feeder... Also claimed they didn't die to a Skye bomb, when I literally saw them run right into it with my own two eyes, and also saw them die.

Furia said I'm bad.png

Also, how am I bad when I fed the least deaths of the team, did 30k more than the stupid Willo, and I was the only one who made any attempt to cap? Because I know for a fact I shouldn't have to babysit my idiot healer that kills themselves and blames me for it? F***ing pathetic. Also, you're welcome for attempting to get into your bad beams, f***ing idiot.

This is why my winrate this patch is so low, despite my main being broken. I get teammates like these that make me feel like malignant tumors are growing on my back.

• Bugadins again

Honestly...

• PC

@Dusklicious I don't have a big problem with noobness/idiotness, I have a problem with toxicness!!

• PC

@DambaKing said in January Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious I don't have a big problem with noobness/idiotness, I have a problem with toxicness!!

Toxicity is a form of idiocy in my book...

• PC

Imagine playing Kinessa with a Tiberius, a Viktor, and a Maeve all flanking you nonstop with a team that has no awareness and STILL carrying and getting top damage in the match. 😠

Kinessa in 3.1.png

What I really don't understand is how my team's Viktor had more deaths than me, considering they rarely went after him...

• PC

@Dusklicious said in January Rage Thread:

Imagine playing Kinessa with a Tiberius, a Viktor, and a Maeve all flanking you nonstop with a team that has no awareness and STILL carrying and getting top damage in the match. 😠

Kinessa in 3.1.png

What I really don't understand is how my team's Viktor had more deaths than me, considering they rarely went after him...

Maybe he jumped off the map 🙂

@shadowchess I get around 140 ping on EU - SE US here. It's playable but better not to play flank. GL if you join them.

• PC

So I'm getting personally attacked because I know for a fact that Skye was garbage for most of the game's history... The people on YouTube that play this game are more toxic than what I encounter in the actual game I swear. "Somebody got to GM only playing Skye." Yeah and somebody got to GM only playing Maeve ON CONSOLE (Viktoryah) while she was considered one of the worst characters in the game. Your point idiot?

Also, apparently playing in NA makes you subhuman to this toxic $#!+ with an ego so big I doubt it would fit in the whole of EU (It's a toxic EU player who has no idea what they're talking about, of course, and just cherry picking to try to justify it). I'm pretty sure that people like JayFlare are not bad players. I've encountered him several times, and he's absurdly good...

Also, where did my rep go? I have a lot less rep right now than I had a few hours ago.