New VGS

• @M3RC3N4RI0 laughter jokes and taunts have all been moved to the wheel where you choose between your sprays or emotes in-game. I think you bring it up with 'g' as default.

• @SHlipperySHlopedge Well, you get the same key combinations as before, or what do you mean?

@methylbenzen Oh, cool. I'll try that.

• I'm disappointed with the elimination of some voice line. I don't think they take a lot of memory or complexity in term of code. For me some voice lines, for exemple "Falling back", "Be careful left/right flank", "Return to base", "Quiet", "Enemies incoming" etc... were pretty useful

• I wonder why they did this. One can see here https://paladins.gamepedia.com/Voice_Guided_System_1.0 which options they removed. But why remove the option to joke/laugh/taunt by VGS, if the joke is still there? Or whats wrong with "please"? Why keep "Attack the middle" but remove "push the payload"?

Some are redundant like VBE and VVVB or VRR and VRS, but many are not.

• I wish they'd just bring the old VGS entirely for consoles/gamepad, along with the missing voicelines. VGS is about fun too, and "quiet" and "please" helped with that while "completed" adds nothing. Also, when the game ends you can't spell "nicely done" with Skye or "couldn't done better myself" with Vivian because there's no "nice job" anymore. All I can say is "yes" which sound the same for almost every champ.

Not to mention basic things like "enemies on the % flank" are harder to access on gamepad now, and having to press the same button twice is cumbersome and prone to errors.

It's just bad, why not simply revert it. It was a mistake. 😭

• New VGS is trash

• PC

@paulomunir said in New VGS:

I wish they'd just bring the old VGS entirely for consoles/gamepad, along with the missing voicelines. VGS is about fun too, and "quiet" and "please" helped with that while "completed" adds nothing. Also, when the game ends you can't spell "nicely done" with Skye or "couldn't done better myself" with Vivian because there's no "nice job" anymore. All I can say is "yes" which sound the same for almost every champ.

Not to mention basic things like "enemies on the % flank" are harder to access on gamepad now, and having to press the same button twice is cumbersome and prone to errors.

It's just bad, why not simply revert it. It was a mistake. 😭

My hat’s of to you

• Please give back all of the removed vocie commands! We need vvgq, vvgn, slef-commands, like vsa2, vsdg, vvgo, everything. All of them had the situation when we used. Now we can not. I don't know why was their's removal a good step at all.

• @M3RTG PLEASE!

• I wanna say Please and Follow Me... But I can't... XD

Raum's "Now" line is something I'm desperately missing...

• PC

At least get rid of Need Healing and put in Please...?

Raum: "NOW?"

• This post is deleted!

• @hellenwen Please don't be rude and be constructive instead.

• PC

This post is deleted!

• Too many lines were removed. Lines that are partly reason why people buy skins. Why remove things like 'Nice job', 'Please' or 'Bye' (which felt like the closest thing to 'I died' for healers)? The taunts, jokes, laughs, all losses of value of skins.
    If you want to make it accessible for console players it's one thing but why punish people that used this system for what, 5+ years from Smite? That step of this improvement seems highly unnecessary. Not to mention console players can surely plug in a keyboard if they want the full VGS (just like PC can choose which VGS system to use). That's something you can do since PS3.

VVT
    VVGB

• @Arisuneko Actually I never thought of plugging a keyboard in for the full VGS experience...

And now I have a feeling that they won't return it because they forgot to record those lines for Tiberius, the BP skins, and perhaps the Sands of Myth skins...

• @Demigod I don't know, Sweet shop Evie do have a "Please" voiceline, and Default Tiberius too (a double pretty-please).
    Come to think of it, now that Top plays are gone, we won't be able to listen to Tib's "Bonnapetite" anymore. 😞

I don't know why console players would want to plug a KB on their machines since things like VER and VES never meant anything to us. We want the old gamepad binds.

• PC

If you would just bring back some of the removed lines, like "Quiet", "Please", "Help left flank", etc...
    That's be great.

• I miss my jokes so much
    pls bring em back

• I have been playing Paladins for years going off and on again. Same with Smite. I have been playing Smite since Beta. I love the old VGS system. It's so intuitive I picked it up almost instantly to the point that I could guess what I was about to say without even having seen some commands before. Like someone else said previously, things like VA1 or VSD2, are much more intuitive than random keys on the keyboard that you need to memorize.
    V to open VGS
    A for Attack, D for Defend, S for Self, E for Emote.
    Old VGS was perfect and frankly one of the reasons I love Paladins and Smite more than other games.
    And as a person that also plays Smite to this day, I implore you to change it back to how it was. It's so confusing changing from one game to the other.
    But I have to say. I love that you still have ideas and try new things in your games. Gives me hope and reason to keep playing. I just think (me and thousand other players to be honest) that the VGS is not the feature you should be looking at when it comes to change.
    Keep up the good work!