Removing 3P mode - your opinion

• Yeah this needs upvotes

• Please please please please add the third person option back. It’s the only reason I buy skins, It makes the game much more enjoyable for me. I’m finding really difficult to play without it as I have always played in 3rd person. Please add it back

• My opinion is it doesn't affect gameplay for me personally, but it's a massive middle finger to those who played only in third person. The big issue that I see is there's literally no point in buying skins anymore, not at all. Why spend money on something you don't get to enjoy or see at all, I've never met anyone who gives a crap about someone else's skin.

I'll keep playing paladins but there's 0 reason to spend money on the game ever again, and I think a decent chunk of people more or less agree, so potentially hi-rez just cost themselves a huge chunk of paladins'' income because they're too lazy or too unwilling to fix minor 3rd person related bugs.

• @SHDPHyperion said in Removing 3P mode - your opinion:

My opinion is it doesn't affect gameplay for me personally, but it's a massive middle finger to those who played only in third person. The big issue that I see is there's literally no point in buying skins anymore, not at all. Why spend money on something you don't get to enjoy or see at all, I've never met anyone who gives a crap about someone else's skin.

I'll keep playing paladins but there's 0 reason to spend money on the game ever again, and I think a decent chunk of people more or less agree, so potentially hi-rez just cost themselves a huge chunk of paladins'' income because they're too lazy or too unwilling to fix minor 3rd person related bugs.

This made me laugh

• yes , please 3p old come back !

• please 3p come back

• @ZoroarkSLE you are SO right. I’ve been hunting skins since the beginning. I am currently lvl 150+ and I really don’t feel like playing the game anymore.
    I hate playing first person. I have a brain damage and find it an extremely confusing gameplay hence the reason I played paladins to begin with and kept on playing it even after all my friends left for other first person shooter games.
    I hate that they are doing this, it takes away many good hours for me.
    Guess it’s back to neverwinter for me 😳

• @Demigod you can still peek around corners using emotes, so removing 3rd person was unnecessary from this perspective.

• From the first post:

"The plain and simple truth is that having Third-Person introduced a variety of bugs and issues with each passing update we had to comb through and fix, taking valuable time away from our development on other aspects of the game. By removing 3P entirely from Paladins, we’ll be able to re-focus that energy on delivering a healthier, more polished experience across the entirely of our game."

Now, if you suffer from motion sickness and you are forced to quit the game, I can understand the issue here and good luck to you. But if someone is leaving because they didn't understand the above statement, adios. If the inclusion of third person causes issues for the game and it's removal will improve it, then I'm all for it. I'd rather have a smooth ride than a bumpy one.

And as I had mentioned before, I apply skins for others to see, not for me to see. Such as a favorite tee shirt, I may not be able to see the logo, but I hope that you can see and understand it's meaning.

Ten-four.

• I've been playing always almost 3p. That's the reason I stuck on Paladins. W/o 3P no reason to buy skins. Unfortunetly I spent some hours and a bit money in this game.

I would love to leave 3p as it is as a unsupported mode without warranty for not crashing. Let it be my decision if I want to run stable 1p or unstable 3p. I never experienced crashes in 3p.

• Please, get back the third person option, it's the soul of this game

• Removing 3p is just stupid. Instead of improving it, they are just removing it. Cuz they are lazy they dont want extra work. And again they are claiming it is good for players while players are saying "no".(just like OB64) Now Paladins gonna lose players just because Hi-Rez dont want to work. Like game isn't bleeding enuf players as it is.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Apart from alienating a lot of 3P players and making skins basically useless unless you emote (if I wanted to watch them in the main menu I wouldn't buy them), the reason given is really infuriating me. While third person creates bugs, if you can keep it in the shooting range, nothing stops you from keeping it as an alternative option to enable in the settings with a basic warning. At the same time, the game before this patch was at a state so balanced it was needed to break that balance so the game could be fun to play, and you are talking about polishing the experience. It's basically spending time finding a new balance. Reducing the bug fixing time won't get you more time for this, these are two entirely different jobs. Even if you're talking about fixing other bugs and developing new content, you should know that if we really cared so much about bugs we wouldn't play the game at all. The game was deemed to have bugs forever the moment it was developed so fast in the early years. Adding content always equals adding as many bugs to fix. It's good that you want to be faster at delivering quality content, but don't forget that the 3rd person is one of the main reasons I and many buy skins. I spend the whole time in the lobby between rounds in 3rd person. When the game is pretty idle and I'm capturing the point, I'm in third person...
    The whole point is, you can ignore the bugs and let us choose to take the risk of using the third person. Even using the same third person system than the riding camera is fine... Bugs were never a problem from the start, people love talking about bugs but they still like the game. However removing features they enjoy and from which your revenue stream comes is a mistake. We were many to make the mistake of learning of that removal after buying the battlepass, but we will be many to not make this kind of mistake again.

• @Conrad_Max It causes bugs for the people using it, 3rd person is a camera object, it won't cause problems to anyone but the ones using it and it only causes (graphic) bugs when you're using it. Letting people take the risk of having bugs in exchange for being able to watch their own skins is actually fine. While you do apply skins for others, a lot of people apply skins for themselves. I for once. I also wear t-shirts not for others to see but because I like wearing something I myself like looking at. You should be able to understand others can feel differently about something than you... It's not because you use skins for others and not yourself than everyone is like you.

• WHAT?! after a busy period I just got back on Paladins last month and I was really enjoying it. What I liked about the game was the possibility to switch from to 3rd view in any moment. I used to play some characters in first and some in third. But I LOVED the 3rd person, it was my favourite and made the game unique, made it different from all that FPS only games. This game has nice graphics that fits perfectly in 3rd person, and it was great to watch your character and your skins, and I was even thinking about getting the season pass (something I do VERY rarely). Now I have no more interest about the game, if i want to play a fps there's a lot more. I am sure A LOT of people feel the same, and It's so bad when devs decide to do something and don't care about what a lot of their players think. I hope the devs will understand us and bring it back. I've seen so many great games die for similiar reasons. Please make it be a great game again.

• Removing it was a good idea.
    Trying to get close enough to a damage to kill them when they can see you coming without having to turn around or listen is impossible.

Being able to look around corners at any time without any real danger should be a skill in the game not something anyone can do when ever they want.

And finally not that many people on the forums talking about it so its pretty obvious that not a large group of players where even using it at all.

The needs of the many !
    Live long and prosper

• What good does fixing bugs if it is going to make people drop your game entirely? For those who think it's a good thing, good luck finding matches.