Toxic community

• Almost in every game people are angry. That's why i tired to play this game. In EVERY match losing team starting to blame each other, every player think and say that he is "good", others are "bad". Some people have "bad" nicknames. They playing with it at least few months. Forum rules doesn't allow me to write that nicknames, but i reported at least one of them, and he is still playing.
    This is my feedback.

• PC

@Hz133 Toxic people, toxic people everywhere!

• @Hz133 ah yeah, those degenerate shits will likely never be punished because thr one guy in charge of checking reports at Hirez is probably too busy browsing Reddit or whatever.

They should change the report system so anyone who is reported multiple times will be moved to the top of the list (assuming our reports aren't being redirected to a spam folder or the recycle bin anyway) or If they're not bothered by our pleas for justice they should atleast improve the auto ban system so someone who gets reported a lot, like 5x a day will be automatically kicked and their details added to a blacklist or whatever, the more they're kicked the higher the time penalty until they're eventually perma banned after about 10 temp bans.

Whatever they choose to do it better be soon but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Tbh always when i report toxic person i have a notification that this person gets banned.
    If someone is really very toxic then you can record a video or make screens and send them in support ticket too.

• PC

@DambaKing said in Toxic community:

@Hz133 Toxic people, toxic people everywhere!

Exactly, they ARE everywhere, especially in NA. I can only deal with and report so many of them before it gets really, REALLY old.

@OriginalEquinox said in Toxic community:

@Hz133 ah yeah, those degenerate shits will likely never be punished because thr one guy in charge of checking reports at Hirez is probably too busy browsing Reddit or whatever.

They should change the report system so anyone who is reported multiple times will be moved to the top of the list (assuming our reports aren't being redirected to a spam folder or the recycle bin anyway) or If they're not bothered by our pleas for justice they should atleast improve the auto ban system so someone who gets reported a lot, like 5x a day will be automatically kicked and their details added to a blacklist or whatever, the more they're kicked the higher the time penalty until they're eventually perma banned after about 10 temp bans.

Whatever they choose to do it better be soon but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Pretty much... Plenty of reasons why one wouldn't. It almost seems like they don't really care at this point to be honest. I reported people for being toxic trolls pretty much every other game, and I swear I only ever saw any sort of notification something was being done about it at the most once a day, playing for 4 or 5 f***ing hours in a day (or for simplification, 25-30 f***ing matches). This is DEFINITELY inadequate, and really makes the game borderline unplayable.

But of course, they'll pretend like the problem doesn't exist and never fix it.

• @Lukash369 on PS4 I've never seen any confirmation that my reports are being seen or anything besides the "your report has been submitted" one we get right after reporting someone, after that I have to just assume something happens to the offenders but I usually see them in random matches a few days later.

I'd gladly take some underserved temp bans because some flank main got salty about me not pocket healing his kamikaze missions if the people who actually deserve it get punished for wasting hours of their teammates lives for no apparent reason other than just because they can

• PC

@OriginalEquinox I saw a conformation just one time, TODAY!

• @Lukash369 said in Toxic community:

If someone is really very toxic then you can record a video or make screens and send them in support ticket too.

That's the only way I ever get notifications. I second that method, but only in extreme cases (racial slurs / extreme harassment over whispers. btw why are whispers even a thing ?)

@Dusklicious said in Toxic community:

Exactly, they ARE everywhere, especially in NA.

I'm genuinely surprised ... I thought NA was more chill than EU. EU is definitely horrible.

@Dusklicious said in Toxic community:

It almost seems like they don't really care at this point to be honest.

I'm gonna gather all of my courage here and be a brave (but probably stupid) boy right here, right now.

I myself have been exactly that disgusting piece of lunatic nerd kind, who defaults to finding WHATEVER to blame as soon as the slightiest bad thing happens. Obviously, this doesn't have to be right or wrong, it's nothing but a sad coping mechanism.
    With time, it appears even crazier to me that I could possibly say the mean things I said for such a long time (for the sole reason that there was no police to shut me down when I crossed these borders) as it reflects the complete opposite of who I am IRL. I'm actually a very sensitive and empathetic person ... In Paladins, I used to transform into a mischievous sociopath, who tries his hardest in order to find the very words that will bring the most pain. Ew.

Thank god, I finally managed to get over myself ... I am far from being flawless yet, but the biggest part of dark is gone.

The point I'm getting to, with all the obvious risks it implies to openly share my shame, is that I have been deserving punishment over a hundred times (I'm genuinely not exaggerating. this tells you how much I abused that freedom of being a heartless douche)
    Yeah, you're guessing right. I was NEVER punished.
    And somehow, it seems blatant to me that the amount of money I've spent into the game ties strongly with that observation.

I personally don't feel like blaming Hi-Rez if that's what happens behind the curtain. Their community isn't that big, and a lot of their decisions regarding marketing further strengthen that theory. (i'm not trying to be diffamatory here, and really hope it's not considered as such !)
    There's also a "potentially consistent" link between players who are invested into the game, and toxicity levels.
    However, assuming all of this is true (they don't punish people who are worthwile) well there are still a thousand other ways they could deal with toxicity, without taking the risk to lose much players ...

• Implement chat restrict. Make it OBNOXIOUSLY REACTIVE.
      If being chat restricted is enough reason for someone to leave, maybe they weren't even here to play the game, deep inside.
    • Add an "In-game text chat" On/Off toggle.
      League had the balls to finally do it and it paid. It was no disaster or drama. Quit the excuse of "this is a strategical game, chat is important for strategizing bla bla bla" that's usually the first line every toxic player uses as an easy escape to the toxicity topic.
      +there is still VGS for that kind of communication.
      +correct me if I'm wrong, but console players can't text chat. IMO this further justifies the potential ability to simply hide it.
    • Disable whispers.
      They don't serve anything but make targeted harassment possible. I have very solid reasons to assert that.
    • Finally improve the obscenity filter ...
      It's not even capable of parsing spaces. That's a fu cking pity.
    • Auto-ban extreme cases.
      Again, racial slurs and so should easily be detected by an automated system. Why are they not ?

These are my few ideas.
    I'm hoping I don't get too many bad reactions to me saying out loud that I used to be a toxic asshole myself ... Regardless, it felt important to me to share that piece of info, as there's probably no other toxic player who would have the guts to face their insecurities.
    I'm no hypocrite, I truely feel bad when I ever think of everything I've said, and this is surely not something I would be able to show.
    However, what's done is done and I really wish to see improvement in the way Hi-Rez handles toxicity in this game.
    Hence why I wanted to share, how solid are my reasons to think the following:

They are scared to lose invested players.
    Which is understandable. But can still be addressed without much risk (c.f. above list)

Toxicity is a huge issue in Paladins and it feels good that it's being talked out loud ! Let's do that more !

• honestly, i would totally volunteer to be charged of checking reports on paladins without any payment. i mean it. this game is dying and the developers dont even care. even just an anti-bullying campaign would help, and it would just cost 10 minutes for editing a card to the main menu screen. it's ridiculously obvious that they are just lazy.

The right people check all reports and ban players if necessary.

Also please don't necro old posts.

Locked.