Inara New Tremors Talent

• PC

@Demigod

Even with destruct ability the CD would still be 12s.

I thought that was the idea behind the new form of the talent to be able to do something like that and you could do that with the old talent with the low cooldown. In reality there is nothing forcing anything since enemy can wait the 5s for the wall to self destruct or destroy it. Enemy has to decide how to proceed.

My thinking when testing it was that each wall charge would be on it's own independent CD cycle like this: (I'll ignore that the CD starts on destruction to keep it simpler.)

1s between wall charge activation.
    w1: 0s->12s->24s
    w2: 1s->13s->25s

5s between wall activation.
    w1: 0s->12s->24s
    w2: 5s->17s->29s

I don't see this as being OP and it's still around the same walling as the original talent.

• PC

does it really matter that much? won't change the fact that mother's grace is way way better and the only thing making inara so great, it's pointless to make new talents if they don't change the op talent :')

• PC

@TangAce Yeah it matters. The whole point of having three talents is for different play styles and/or situations. When I played Inara more often I didn't always use Mother's Grace - I found Treacherous Ground can be quite good. The old Tremors was quite useful in Onslaught too. I've also seen players make good use of the old Tremors talent - even in ranked.

I say make them all useful.

• PC

@DaddyOoker

I wish they'd be all great, but if you gotone talent better than the others, it will be the one used all the time
    so no it doesn't change much to have a decent talent if an other talent is downright op, and mother's grace is the thing making inara op, the same way raum's dr makes him good, or lian's eminence, and so on

• PC

@TangAce said in Inara New Tremors Talent:

I wish they'd be all great, but if you gotone talent better than the others, it will be the one used all the time
    so no it doesn't change much to have a decent talent if an other talent is downright op, and mother's grace is the thing making inara op, the same way raum's dr makes him good, or lian's eminence, and so on

Just because some champions have this issue doesn't mean we should settle and create more with the same issue or not fix them, does it?

• @DaddyOoker I agree, Drogoz has 3 talents and its hard for me to pick any over the other as they all are viable.

Lian presence is not the best talent because the talent is OP but because it has the best loudout cards to support that play style.

Mothers Grace is just OP though, it just does to much not to pick it. Its not even a fun talent just broken. Inara should be brought down to the level of the other tanks in survival and remove the stupid slow while firing. They should remove the CC immunity. Other champs get this during ult, it should not be a 5 second skill you just have up that often.

Being able to negate half the ults in the game.
    Negating all the knock backs
    Negating being pushed off cart to end over time

Ults that Inara Counters with Mothers Grace

Zhin
    Seris
    Bombking
    Ash
    Damba
    Khan
    Atlas
    Raum
    Tovald
    Strix
    IO
    Pip
    Moji

This is not even taking into account the massive DR she has that negates a large portion of damage ults 50% DR plus to top it off 40% rejuvenate

You can only get 15% from the item store

They should remove the 20% extra DR or the CC immunity... I think the CC should be removed so she does not have a get out of ult button she can press any time the other team wants to try and retake the point.

• PC

@shadowchess

This is why you pick Lian and/or Willo as counters. A joke but some truth. Quick play has no such thing though.

With this patch they probably should have nerfed that built in rejuv.

I don't mind the CC immunity. It just requires a little thought of when to use your abilities against her. I mean should she be an easy kill? She's a slow moving rock after all.

Anyway, this topic started because I was thought there might be a bug with the new Tremors. Maybe you can start a new topic for an Inara rework.

• Sorry didnt mean to derail your thread.... I only have like 50 matches with her so i do not have the play time to really call for reworks on her. I would need to put in at least another hundred games.

• PC

@shadowchess I don't really consider it a derailment since we are still talking about Inara. Just saying rework ideas to the extent you are talking about would be better served in it's own topic as opposed to being buried in here.

Another 100? Get playin then.

• @shadowchess said in Inara New Tremors Talent:

@DaddyOoker I agree, Drogoz has 3 talents and its hard for me to pick any over the other as they all are viable.

@TangAce said in Inara New Tremors Talent:

@DaddyOoker

Exactly why I made my talents guide... Which still has 0 votes btw... Why the fuck nobody gave it an upvote...

oops, i sound ranty.

On topic.

Inara's MG is busted as of season 3. I did expect EM to nerf out the built in reju, or remove it altogether. I can't play Barik that much anymore unfortunately, but Inara's so damn good that it makes her pretty tough (in fact, even tougher) nowadays.

Now, fun fact. If you change your talent after dropping two walls in spawn, both walls disappear immediately and your wall goes on cooldown.