Skye The Confusion

• Okay everyone. Hello, my topic is Skye. I mained her since beta, alongside Evie, Maeve and Moji (which Moji will be another topic). I'm not going to talk about how invisibility is so underpowered or how she has no mobility as a flank etc, etc.

Evil Mojo made an update, A Tigron's Tale, which Skye's Smoke And Dagger talent got reworked, her Healing Vapors got increased healing. This made me very happy, and I was ready to play her. I played her, she was so much fun, did so much healing. But the problem starts here. I realized, Skye is not what she used to be. I realized, this reworked talent absolutely ruined Skye and shouldn't have made. Now, before telling me "It's creative and you should be creative with your builds." etc, I will say that I am already a creative person and open to everything.

The reason this ruined Skye isn't because it's a "healing" talent. It's not the first time a champion that isn't a support heals. Moji was the first, and I absolutely loved Support Moji, which is now kinda dead but it's not our topic right now. Skye should not be able to replace a support champion. While you might say "Pip can be a flank, why can't Skye be support?" the answer is, as stated in other official posts, Evil Mojo likes to make some champions as "hybrid", which one of them is Pip. "Okay then Skye is the new hybrid." no. You can still flank without the need of a talent. You must think this talentless. Pip in general has a high damage out-put and a lower healing rate compared to other supports. Skye is completely a flank. Poison, invisibility, her quick, short-ranged wrist crossbow... I think she completely fits being a flank. Her talents are also all centered on being more flanky, its just Smoke And Dagger.

I think Skye didn't need the rework on her talent that made the cards work on allies. What all that talent needed was "Smoke Screen also heals Skye (as well as teammates) for 400 health per second while inside it". I think that, non-support champions that can do healing should be supportive, not healer. (Supportive =/= Healer. Supportive means that the champion can provide utilities and help to other champion(s).) Supportive flank only Moji exists right now, she can provide minimal healing with either toot or leave health packs with snack attack for allies while doing the job what a flank does. BUT SHE DOES NOT REPLACE A SUPPORT, SHE CONTINUES TO BE FLANK AND FLANKS. Right now I can never see a flank Skye anymore, most of the flank Skye's I see are newbies.

Skye was in a critical time being a flank, and giving her the ability that support champions can do, just made her flank-self dissapear and ruin even more. I re-checked her abilities, and so much little things she could do is taken away... why? Why turn Skye into a support instead of trying to balance her flank-self? The support Skye isn't even fitting to the lore.

This next section is about changes that can make Skye restore her flank-self.

Wrist Crossbow: Deals really good damage, has enough ammos. It's very good for Skye. No changes needed.

Poison Bolts: Somewhat helps against tanks, but do not consider using it on squishies because it does absolutely nothing on them. If the enemy has 2000 hp each bolt deals 200 OVER 4 seconds, which you can kill an enemy before 4 seconds easily. Heck, your wrist crossbow deals 260 in 0.2 seconds. Although balancing this ability is very hard, so i'll let it slide. This ability is situational and doesn't need changes.

Smoke Screen: The stuff they removed on this ability absolutely makes no sense. Right now its only use is to look pretty on the floor. It gives 3 seconds invisibility which does not help at all. I suggest they bring the old effects of the smoke bomb, they were not that noticeable, but still useful, maybe even life-saving.
    -Before smoke screen used to hide allies inside, if they weren't shooting, enemies outside the smokes couldn't see the allies inside. If an enemy was inside the smokes, the enemy couldn't see any ally or enemy outside the smokes. PLEASE bring this back, it made so much sense and it was an awesome addition to have.

Hidden: Nothing needed tbh. Maybe the card Ninja could give increased movement speed, 6% or 7% at 1 point.

Ultimate: Nothing is needed, is good as it is.

--Talents

Debilitate: This is the currently only talent that is considered "flanky enough". Although while building a loadout for Debilitate, you get restricted too much and end up not having any hidden cards, and then complaining "Invisibility is underpowered.". I think this talent can be removed as a whole.

Preparation: For me, the only talent that still allows Skye to use her full potential. This is as good as it is. As needing eliminations instead of kills was pretty strong, so I accept the "only kills" nerf.

Smoke And Dagger: Revert this talent to its first state, or the second state. First State: Smoke Screen now instantly deals 600 damage to enemies in range upon deploying. This was so much fun to play, and gave Skye a whole new playstyle to work with. You can say, a creative talent. If everyone is still demanding Support Skye, revert it to its Second State: Smoke Screen heals allies inside 400 every second. But add the addition that Skye can also heal herself 400 per second.

Suprise Attack: Was one of my favourites. It was so much fun to play with. Instead of Debilitate you can add Suprise Attack back. For people who don't know, Suprise Attack: Deal 500 bonus damage on your first hit upon leaving hidden.

Preparation and Suprise Attack was my favourites because they required you to play around invisibility and smoke screen. It also required you to plan what you are going to do before revealing yourself. If you didn't really care how you played, you could get punished so much, but if you were careful, the match was easily yours.

Nowadays youre just a mini tyra that goes onto enemies face and just spams rmb, lmb, instantly gets killed in invisibility because it wasn't used smartly, then complain that Skye is bad. Or be a healbot and spam smoke screens on your allies. She became boring. Preparation and Suprise Attack were her best talents, and I bet most of the Skye mains also think this way. Those talents were so rewarding. This is my rant. This is what Skye needs, not a huge amount of heals. Skye has lost her identity.

• i don't like any of the revert ideas as she was just not played back then and none of what you are saying is going to make that change. She needed a change its just this was not the change she needed.

Its like Hi Rez would rather make a mistake then just admit that this champion is just designed badly. They have done everything under the sun to not rework her and every single time she goes from worthless to broken and back to worthless.

This will be no difference, they will put the nerf hammer down on her healing and back to total shit she will fly.....

SIMPLIFICATION
    Skye needs mobility Hi Rez PERIOD .............
    Skye needs less stealth Hi Rez PERIOD ..........

With these changes she would be able to be effectively balanced in the meta.
    Short burst of Stealth can be balanced in the game. No champ with 12.5 seconds of stealth time is going to be balanced....

Hidden changed to a multi directional dash like Lians.
    But activating the skill pops a smoke cloud around skye putting her in stealth where she is invulnerable for 1 second.
    Moving causes a 10 unit dash in that direction. If Skye is moving when this is activated the dash is instant...
    Stealth Last 3 seconds

Hidden is the only stealth ability with the 1 second immunity frame

Reduce Cloak card to 0.4 per point to max at +2.0 seconds of stealth
    Cloak is applied any time skye is in stealth this would apply to.

Hidden 
      Smoke Screen 
      Emergency Exit 

If smoke screen is active when hidden is activated the dash ends in the smoke screen

Remove Debilitate
    Remove Smoke and Daggers
    Remove Preparation

New Talents
    Eliminations activate smoke screen upon death

Movement Speed 25% during Stealth

Skye ult charges 15% faster and hovers in the air where skye was when she placed it..

This would give her the stealth misdirection she needs to be a fun stealth champ without being broken.
    It would also give her some map mobility so everyone is not positive where she is at all times.

• No, I definitely disagree with you. Skye doesn't need mobility ability and less stealth. She is created around stealth, an ability like lians or ultimate hovering will just not fit her. Her stealth is good as it is. The problem isnt stealth. As you see, one of your talents is one of the hidden cards. People dont invest in hidden cards and then complain. This is what I'm talking about. I really like her stealth and if they remove it then they would literally ruin Skye. Delete Skye then, same thing.

If you dont already use smoke bomb for misdirection- then I dont know what to say. Staying in the smoke screen is a HUGE mistake. Enemies cant see you throw it and it doesnt break hidden, so just throw it to confuse enemies and then retreat or attack. When you need smoke bomb to retreat, pop it on your feet and escape. Warning that not investing in healing and movement speed cards of smoke screen will make it close to useless. The old smoke bomb was even better.

I stay behind what I say. We dont need Skye with mobility. That idea is very bad.

Oh also, The cloak card is good as it is right now. The stealth smoke bomb gives is only for using it to retreat and is enough. Giving her a dash would be a huge mistake.

Skye does not need mobility.

• @puellamagi11 I pretty much agree with everything you said about Skye. I just want to add a couple of things I want to see happen ingame along with your changes. They should bring back her 15% dmg amp on poison bolts but have it not stack with debilitate. Since Preparation only reset CDs on kills, her dmg while being ok is just a tad bit underwhelming to try confirming the kill cuz losing the kill to an ally will just get you killed or deny you your resets which could have been useful to stalk another player while stealthed. The buff wouldnt be overkill cuz it would not stack with debilitate. They can also revert the nerf to Preparation so that she doesnt get punished for allies stealing her kills and snowball around the fight. Before Prep got nerfed her weapon did more dmg around 140-150 and now that it got nerfed reverting the nerf to elims and giving her dmg amp as well wouldnt be too much considering she has an item to counter her invisibility at closerange. Either one of these changes would do alot if both of the changes seem a bit op for other players altogether. Her Victory rush card could use a slight buff to duration or speed since its nerf hurt a part of her mobility in bigger maps.

• @puellamagi11 You miss understand everything i wrote... Her stealth is good... Stealth is OP in any game ... The amount of time that skye can stay in stealth is why it is not possible for her to be in a balanced state... Even the smallest buff can push her into OP status....

You nerf her and she is total shit....

If they retain the level of stealth time she currently has they will never be able to get her into a health state where she is not being changed all the time to try fix her....

My changes would reduce the amount or duration of her stealth and be using it more often.
    3 seconds is an eternity in paladins.....

The plus side is once they give her some mobility will allow her to escape or dodge big windup attacks.
    The 1 second immunity frame would also increase her survivability as she can ignore huge burst which is her major draw back.....

Koga has low health and a dash that can negate big burst skills... It makes just winding up a presence when you see him not a great idea... Its a mind game

Same with talus as he can teleport out at any time.

Evie can ice block

Andro can reversal

Moji can shield

Zhin can counter

Lex cant do shit and is why he sucks balls

Skye cant do shit and this is why she gets countered as well

All the flanks have ways of mitigating big burst damage and this is why they are all better than sky and lex... beacause players cant just fire everything they have at them as it likely it will all be wasted if they just fire it off as soon as they see a flank..

Skye this is not the case... there is no reason not to shoot any and everything at her as she has no quick mobility move to dodge anything and she has no way to negate damage...

My changes give her both but remove some of the stealth power from her kit so she more rounded....
    With these changes they could adjust her damage or health to balance her to a healthy state where she can exist an be learned and mastered without constant changing.

I really like skye as well but having a champ shifting from OP to SHIT over and over and over really detracts from the game.

• @shadowchess No. You misunderstand not me, the champion herself. People don't play Skye smartly and then just whine. SHE DOES NOT NEED ANY MOBILITY OR INVINCIBILITY FRAMES. If you make one mistake with Skye you are in a big risk. If you act smart, you get rewarded so much. She is a risky character, thats why she feels either under-powered or over-powered, but that is all about the player.

After Koga dashes, you have nothing left to escape, leaving him weak and open to any attack.

Talus needs to put the rune somewhere smart or he'll get camped up by a sniper or anyone literally, even a Jenos.

When Evie blocks, everyone instantly camps near her, not giving her a chance to escape properly.

Andro's reversal is literally one of the worst protective abilities. First you have to fill it up, and then he has to aim. If you're not a bot, you usually dont attack him in this state. He can only dash after that, which he still is vulnerable.

Moji's shield is one of the dangerous ones, as it gives her both offensive and defensive superiority. This ability has no weak points, except after it ends, moji lacks speed so she can still be easily hunted down if she doesnt burst you down first.

Lex can slide and auto-aim. While sliding isn't that super, he can attack during it, so he can utilize it defensively and offensively too. He has a talent where he takes 90% less dmg during it and he has card which literally in 4-5 hits resets his slide. His auto-aim is just an ability to kill any low-health enemy without any effort. Like Soaring Evie for example.

Skye, can smoke bomb or hidden. These aren't shit. I rescued myself uncountable times with smoke bomb. Of course if you stay in it and just go run right in the middle you're gonna die. You need to play smart. You can even make like youre running in a direction and then turn right back, while the enemy thinks you are still going in that direction. Sorry, this ability requires you to use your brain more than other abilities.

Skye, does NOT ABSOLUTELY NEED ANY MOBILITY NOR IMMUNITY. Just stop using Debilitate and utilize her properly.

• @puellamagi11 said in Skye The Confusion:

@shadowchess No. You misunderstand not me, the champion herself. People don't play Skye smartly and then just whine. SHE DOES NOT NEED ANY MOBILITY OR INVINCIBILITY FRAMES. If you make one mistake with Skye you are in a big risk. If you act smart, you get rewarded so much. She is a risky character, thats why she feels either under-powered or over-powered, but that is all about the player.

After Koga dashes, you have nothing left to escape, leaving him weak and open to any attack.

Talus needs to put the rune somewhere smart or he'll get camped up by a sniper or anyone literally, even a Jenos.

When Evie blocks, everyone instantly camps near her, not giving her a chance to escape properly.

Andro's reversal is literally one of the worst protective abilities. First you have to fill it up, and then he has to aim. If you're not a bot, you usually dont attack him in this state. He can only dash after that, which he still is vulnerable.

Moji's shield is one of the dangerous ones, as it gives her both offensive and defensive superiority. This ability has no weak points, except after it ends, moji lacks speed so she can still be easily hunted down if she doesnt burst you down first.

Lex can slide and auto-aim. While sliding isn't that super, he can attack during it, so he can utilize it defensively and offensively too. He has a talent where he takes 90% less dmg during it and he has card which literally in 4-5 hits resets his slide. His auto-aim is just an ability to kill any low-health enemy without any effort. Like Soaring Evie for example.

Skye, can smoke bomb or hidden. These aren't shit. I rescued myself uncountable times with smoke bomb. Of course if you stay in it and just go run right in the middle you're gonna die. You need to play smart. You can even make like youre running in a direction and then turn right back, while the enemy thinks you are still going in that direction. Sorry, this ability requires you to use your brain more than other abilities.

Skye, does NOT ABSOLUTELY NEED ANY MOBILITY NOR IMMUNITY. Just stop using Debilitate and utilize her properly.

Skye sucks and needs a buff dude. There is a reason she isn't seen in higher ranks, and it's not because pros can't utilize her properly. I still think she needs hidden in her kit, but replace smoke screen. Why does she need two abilities that make her invisible? That's redundant. Why not change it to a movement ability and then nerf her base damage and take away the percent damage of poison bolts. She'll be more viable because she has an escape, but she won't be broken at lower tiers of play.

• @HeartQueen Thats simply becuz the majority of Skye mains(including myself) dont want her kit to be reworked. Her smoke screen used to blind players
    which was pretty useful and the only form of counter-play she had to illuminate so it wasnt redundant before until it got reworked. Her poison bolts is a good form of utility that allows her to flank weakened tanks which is one of the redeeming factors of her lower mobility. It might be a different case with Debilitate but its a bad design of a talent anyways and should not exist. Poison bolts are perfectly balanced without that annoying talent. The best way to balance her without reworking her kit is to replace debilitate and bring back the old smoke and dagger Legendary(and bring back surprise attack or a new talent). It was a good flank playstyle for her and was well designed with her kit. Smoke screen should blind people again because, while it was not perfect, it allowed her to mitigate burst to a certain degree(e.g- Its a bad idea for Lian to waste her Q when Skye is in her smoke cuz she doesnt know where she EXACTLY is) and was situationally a decent escape option as well. Most other flanks had ways to mitigate burst like koga dash, evie ice block, maeve pounce/hyper-mobility etc. These changes will help restore her flank identity and encourage players to use her as a proper flank and not a dmg dealer. Its not perfect but its a good first step towards her balance WITHOUT needing a kit rework cuz most of us Skye mains dont want her to be balanced by a rework instead of looking for ways to make her viable with the kit she had for over 3 YEARS.

• @Bluesky said in Skye The Confusion:

@HeartQueen @shadowchess
    No guys, skye doesn't need any new ability or mobility and immunity, a champion based only on stealth is present in every fps game and generally works well.
    There are a lot of reasons why skye doesn't work in this game, and a lot of them are the terrible choises of the devs.
    Just watch skye's kit in the period when we had actual good devs that didn't balance only for new players, it used to be different back then. Ok, she didn't work anyway in that period, but that's because every flanker had good mobility back then, the kit was well designed tho.
    She didn't have "2 movement abilities" , smoke screen was used to blind people and teammates, it actually worked like a real smoke bomb, not like a 2 sec stealth.
    Her hidden was a lot faster, for some reasons now it's slow, so slow that you can predict where skye's going.
    She didn't have the melt tanks bullshit talent, delibitate used to be an ambush talent, more damage after hitting an enemy with poison bolt.
    There was the intention of designing a stealth flanker, she was bad anyway, but with some improvements she could have become a worthy pick.
    Now her kit seems to be made for a damage dealer, the flanky aspects were removed, em has probably forgot that skye is a flanker.
    Now that all flanker's mobility is a lot worse than what we had before, skye might actually be good if we get a great change revert, basically we need to bring back old skye in the new paladins with low mobility.
    I think that she would still have a lot of issues, but the change revert should be enough to make her at least playable.
    Probably the main problems with her are the small maps, huge hitboxes and the hidden cooldown, it's all written here tho :
    https://forums.hirezstudios.com/paladins/topic/1413/the-problems-with-skye/8

Didn't work back then but well designed. It's a no for dawg. She can have invisibility, but two invisibility moves is redundant. She needs a movement ability. It wouldn't change her kit too much. Something like she teleports to where you throw smoke bomb, or a wall grapple like Widowmaker. Then rework her talents. Percent damage is stupid, especially on a flank. She's a tank buster with no mobility, nothing like a flank. She needs to be a flank. And being a flank means have the mobility to escape a situation.

This community honestly makes me laugh. They defend the bad kits of champions, then wonders why Hi-Rez doesn't improve bad kits. Y'all want the bad kits in the game, therefore Hi-Rez is listening to the community by keeping the bad kits.

• @HeartQueen Looking at your post, it looks like as if you ignored half of what @Bluesky said. We are asking for hi-rez to let her smoke blind people again(which was situationally a decent escape option for her as a flank like i said in my previous post) and to replace that debilitate bullshit with smoke and dagger and a new talent/surprise attack. Her %HP dmg over 4s is perfectly balanced letting her flank low hp tanks instead of outright shredding their hp unless you are confusing Skye with Debilitate. As it seems he also said that flanks dont have as much mobility as they used to, so bringing back the entirety of old skye along with how much mobility she had in her cards will make her viable becuz of how lower mobility is right now with most of the champs in the current patch.

• @SNIper-poTAto

My only problem with the blind is its not a flank ability when its used like a damage ability..
    That blind could zone certain tanks off the point or a choke cause they just could not see shit, thus reducing their staying power, you could completely deny foes from getting a vantage at certain windows with good placement.

In my opionion... skye should just be a damage, if her stealth and speed get reduced as a trade for a few more damage over time dynamics or something...
    Its just her current design is too close to that of tyra/strix rather then the meta of flankers the game currently has.

I am fine with stealth on a champion... but a ranged area blind zoning tool that can pressure foes away without dealing damage... that is a damage utility ability.

In my eyes a well designed flank may have some stealth, but they should not have an area blind, or good area pressure abilities at range for that matter, they should have other kit elements to work around that.
    The blind would be cancer as a form of single target ability on a short CD without the delay and the restricted area of the smoke bomb.
    A damage however may have limited stealth, but it may have a area blind to force the enemy into an escape with the fear of potenial damage.

• @AYYDIMITRI Her smoke bomb and its blind effect fits pretty well with her invisibility as a flank in my eyes but now that I think about it your not wrong at all about it often being used as a damage ability but still it does fill a niche which flanks should have. Id suggest bringing back the old smoke bomb but with a drawback where if Skye is outside the smoke for over 2s the smoke will disappear unless she re-enters the ability within that time frame while having the ability last for upto 5s or a bit more at max. I think this would discourage players to use it as a damage ability instead of a flank ability. The healing version of smoke and dagger should just be replaced by either surprise attack or a new talent.

• @SNIper-poTAto said in Skye The Confusion:

@AYYDIMITRI Her smoke bomb and its blind effect fits pretty well with her invisibility as a flank in my eyes but now that I think about it your not wrong at all about it often being used as a damage ability but still it does fill a niche which flanks should have. Id suggest bringing back the old smoke bomb but with a drawback where if Skye is outside the smoke for over 2s the smoke will disappear unless she re-enters the ability within that time frame while having the ability last for upto 5s or a bit more at max. I think this would discourage players to use it as a damage ability instead of a flank ability. The healing version of smoke and dagger should just be replaced by either surprise attack or a new talent.

Or just give her a movement ability and cut down on her damage.

• Going to toss in my two cents here.

Whenever Skye is drafted in high MMR matches (peak GM hours, premades, and scrims), she's broken down into 2 possible roles/playstyles: Debilitate and Smoke n Dagger.

For debilitate, it focused on 1-3 second engagements and melting tanks/any unsuspecting players. Her loadout would be something along the lines of Poisoner 5, Victory Rush 5/4, Decrepify 3/2, Nimble Fingers or Confound for filler cards. Debilitate playstyle would fill the role of flank and supporting DPS behind her offtank for effective peel and kill secures, as well as ultimate to herd enemies in a desired area to improve the odds of winning the teamfight. This playstyle is THE way to play Skye in high MMR matches in the previous patch, 2.08 The Damned Frontier.

As for Smoke n Dagger, it focused on offsupporting the main tank and sometimes the offlane (offtank + DPS). Her loadout would have Healing Vapors 5, Confound 3/4, Poisoner 3/4, Dissipate and Decrepify as filler cards. She is a lot team-oriented in this playstyle and offers a lot of the same utilities from running debilitate (melting unsuspecting players, ultimate for area control). It is worth noting that she no longer heavily relies on her Hidden ability and more so on stealth from entering her Smoke Bomb. This is the prominent playstyle for Skye in the current patch, 2.10 A Tigron's Tale.

My problem with Skye isn't that she doesn't have enough mobility, doesn't have enough damage, nor her Smoke n Dagger being a pointless change to her kit. Her stealth mechanic is her main problem, in my opinion, followed by being outclassed by every other flank champions in the game when it comes to mobility and burst DPS.

Emergency Exit has never been a card that worked well. If you run this card regularly, you'd notice that a lot of times when this card does proc its effect, you're shooting at someone and thus cancelling the stealth it gives immediately. For a champion that heavily relies on the element of surprise, something you'd lose easily transitioning to mid and late-game, it doesn't make sense that Hidden is on a 15 second cooldown. Sure, if you invest in Shadow Affinity for the flat cooldown reduction on the ability, you're sacrificing other aspects of her that allows her to compete in the flank class (trading out Poisoner will heavily reduce your damage output and ability to re-engage in combat, trading out Victory Rush will remove the only escape you have after a duel/fight once you used your Smoke Bomb and Hidden).

Theoretically even if you are able to reduce the base cooldown on Hidden, other flank champions will always have the burst damage and mobility to chase you down. Every single flank class champions have a dash in their base kit as an ability, and Skye is the only one that does not.

If we take a look at Sha Lin and Strix, both champions don't necessarily rely on stealth as much as Skye as they share the same high burst damage (1k from Sha Lin and 1.2k from Strix with base weapon). Burst damage, crowd control, and mobility are what allows other champions in the realm to deal with flank class champions. Skye lacks all three of these in her base kit.

Would giving Skye a dash fix her mobility problem? Maybe, I wouldn't know. But I think a change to her stealth mechanic is needed to allow her to compete in the flank class. The current sustain and flank meta is very tough on this Skye by herself, and I'm sure other high MMR players who also main Skye would share the sentiment.

• The general problem about Skye is, that invisibility is almost useless in high skill matches but it works very well on low skill. A Skye that is playable at Master rank must be a monster at Silver rank where nobody listens to footsteps. I'd say a champ that mainly relies on being invisible is a concept that can only work on low ranks. If Skye is good at Diamond then because she can destroy tanks or heal, not because she can make herself invisible but this is not the idea behind the champion. Skye is a flank not a damage or support.

The best way to balance her would be to accept that she is useless at Diamond and above and make her a fun champ for medium and low ranks. That would also permit to re-balance the anti-Skye item illuminate.

• Skye is in the same spot as Torvald.... Any meta where she is good, blows for everyone else playing the game.

You cannot balance her with damage or healing because she just shifts from useless to over powered.
    They are going to be forced to rework Torvald to be a main tank and remove his bubble skill in order to make him fit in the meta.

The same thing is going to need to happen to skye if she is to find a home and stay there.
    They are constantly changing her to try and address the issue and it never works.

She needs a rework but they wont do it because there are so many people that like running around invis and they wont risk pissing all those people off so they will just do what they always do....

Buff her into the meta, wait for all the out rage of her ruining matches followed by.
    Nerfing her out of the meta followed by all the out rage of why do you always nerf skye.

Over and over the cycle continues...

• @shadowchess said in Skye The Confusion:

Skye is in the same spot as Torvald.... Any meta where she is good, blows for everyone else playing the game.

You cannot balance her with damage or healing because she just shifts from useless to over powered.
    They are going to be forced to rework Torvald to be a main tank and remove his bubble skill in order to make him fit in the meta.

The same thing is going to need to happen to skye if she is to find a home and stay there.
    They are constantly changing her to try and address the issue and it never works.

She needs a rework but they wont do it because there are so many people that like running around invis and they wont risk pissing all those people off so they will just do what they always do....

Buff her into the meta, wait for all the out rage of her ruining matches followed by.
    Nerfing her out of the meta followed by all the out rage of why do you always nerf skye.

Over and over the cycle continues...

I'm in full agreement with this statement. I pointed this out a while ago and JayFlare finally pointed it out. It's the bubble that makes Torvald a bad designed champion. If his bubbles provide good benefits, then he's broken. If they don't, then he's useless. Just make him a point tank, but have a talent to where he can provide 20% damage reduction to allies within 45-50 units of him. That'll make him more independent, while giving an optional support talent. Or just make him a strict point tank and leave that support nonsense alone.

Skye doesn't need to get rid of invisibility. Her name starts with an S, and all champions whose name begins with the letter S turn invisible. They need to tone down her damage and make smoke bomb and movement ability. That'll give her something good, while not making her broken, and she can still be invisible during hidden.

• @HeartQueen Shalin is a good example of how impactful stealth is...

4 seconds invis on withdraw... Broken as fuck

2 seconds perfectly fine

Its not the stealth, its the duration... Skyes amount of time she can be in stealth is just to long for anything else in her kit to be good and her still be balanced..

If they reduced the duration of stealth. But have it more often with shorter duration they could buff other parts of her kit to be viable.

Shifting of some of her power from stealth into mobility as mobility requires skill to use.

@HeartQueen Shalin is a good example of how impactful stealth is...

4 seconds invis on withdraw... Broken as fuck

2 seconds perfectly fine

Its not the stealth, its the duration... Skyes amount of time she can be in stealth is just to long for anything else in her kit to be good and her still be balanced..

If they reduced the duration of stealth. But have it more often with shorter duration they could buff other parts of her kit to be viable.

Shifting of some of her power from stealth into mobility as mobility requires skill to use.

I like this idea. In my thread I talk about how Hidden would have to be nerfed, but I didn't nerf it too hard. It would need a severe nerf if Skye were to teleport when she throws her smoke bomb.

But if the fun part of Skye is to be invisible then nerfing her stealth would make her no more fun to play. She'd be a Lex without slide then.