Buck, The Bulcky Flanker.

• @MegaEdu13 wow, I can see from how well you've written this thread your love for buck!
    Finally someone who likes this champion.
    First of all , I agree with everything you said, the suggestions are great. (Maybe too much DR)
    But I also want to say a few words about "OLD BUCK", the one with low damage but incredibly high sustain!
    I don't know you but personally, I loved the old buck, and I'd love to play him again.
    As we all know, flankers rn are in a bad spot, most of them have trash mobility (and sometimes sustain) which is always compensated with stupid high BURST.
    This dumb concept has turned the entire flank class into CLOSS RANGE DAMAGE DEALERS.
    And if this problem won't fixed as soon as possible we will end up having 3 classes instead of 4.
    Before mobility nerfs flankers had much more mobility and less easy dps.
    They were high risk high reward classes that needed good aim and gamesense to be effective...
    They were the flankers that we all want to comeback! Agile assassins with consistent close/medium range damage.
    But old buck was different.
    He had even lower dps but incredibly high mobility and sustain! 2800 HP, passive healing (recovery), 1 JUMP (2 with bounce house) with really short cooldown but lower damage (the fire rate was slightly faster) that however could be increased with ensnare and ultimate.
    In ob61 he was reworked and turned into the current buck. But ffs , why can old andro and lex be played again with talents and not BUCK, EVIE and TORVALD?
    I really want a talent that allows the player to play old buck again. Sure , it would change the entire kit, but it would be an awesome experience!
    But even if that's not going to happen , buck still needs buffs, 1 extra ammo doesn't change anything

• PC

@OriginalEquinox said in Buck, The Bulcky Flanker.:

@MegaEdu13 yeah he was nerfed hard but with good reason, though I wouldn't say the extra round they gave him was useless. I'm not a Buck main though I've played him enough to confirm his ult is by far the biggest problem he has now, the moment you use it the entire enemy team focuses you so maybe adding a 20% DR or some lifesteal to it might help him out

Exactly. A death sentence.

Usually, I save his ult only to help the team to finish the middle tank when there is no other enemy on the field. Not much other uses for it, when you play against experienced players.

• The one bullet made him playable again at least. What is great since he is the only flank I can play.

The ult is only useful in a one on one situation or to add some additional damage from safe distance. For an ult that is meant to have game changing qualities this is a bit measly.

@Driggydrug The "Old Buck" was the least played champion of all times though. One could play 20 matches back then without seeing a Buck. That was the reason after all why they reworked him.

• PC

@Driggydrug said in Buck, The Bulcky Flanker.:

@MegaEdu13 wow, I can see from how well you've written this thread your love for buck!
    Finally someone who likes this champion.

Thank you! I really love this champion!

I like to play bulcky characters, tanks, and Buck. That's my personal liking. Also, his personality is so cool to me. I just love it.

Although, he isn't a viable character at the moment, as he's been killed long ago and so he still, THEN, if no one plays him, Hi-Rez has it's excuses to do nothing about him. But that is a circle as it is! How could anyone care if this for a champion that no one plays for its not viable?! See the circle?! So...(!?) one less playable champion to choose on the grid!

Damn! This is so frustrating, man! Can't express enough it to you!!

Wanna know what? The silence about it kills me. Actually I'm not that interested on playing the game anymore, to be honest.

Note that I am not talking about bugs or anything related, what should give them problem to locate and solve. It's just about balancing a champion on the trash can. One that they put there and spit on it.

First of all , I agree with everything you said, the suggestions are great. (Maybe too much DR)

Totally understand. I just wanted to have a stating point for us here. I'm open to hear if people have some thing to say.

Very sad about somethings, tho. I've tried to reach them on a multitude of ways several times, and had no answer.

I had something to discuss, and that should may be the problem. I wasn't posting any gif on one of their tweet posts, or asking about a cute avatar that was to come.

My bad, Hi-Rez.

But I also want to say a few words about "OLD BUCK", the one with low damage but incredibly high sustain!
    I don't know you but personally, I loved the old buck, and I'd love to play him again.

Not sure if a flanker tank size, with less HP then a tank, and low damage output would so on this scenario. They alow damage dealers to do extremely powerful combos that melt tanks, what to say about a flanker.

As we all know, flankers rn are in a bad spot, most of them have trash mobility (and sometimes sustain) which is always compensated with stupid high BURST.
    This dumb concept has turned the entire flank class into CLOSS RANGE DAMAGE DEALERS.
    And if this problem won't fixed as soon as possible we will end up having 3 classes instead of 4.
    Before mobility nerfs flankers had much more mobility and less easy dps.
    They were high risk high reward classes that needed good aim and gamesense to be effective...
    They were the flankers that we all want to comeback! Agile assassins with consistent close/medium range damage.

That's just how I ever felt flankers should be: able to go in and out, but not able to solo a tank. They must be able to fight and run. Maybe Buck able to stand a fight, but not how it is now.

Again, I like him being a large guy, I am a tank main, but it's proven that he isn't doing well as they set the game now. Not the actual Buck. They pretend he is, tho.

The silence, man... bad_word_removed

But old buck was different.
    He had even lower dps but incredibly high mobility and sustain! 2800 HP, passive healing (recovery), 1 JUMP (2 with bounce house) with really short cooldown but lower damage (the fire rate was slightly faster) that however could be increased with ensnare and ultimate.
    In ob61 he was reworked and turned into the current buck. But ffs , why can old andro and lex be played again with talents and not BUCK, EVIE and TORVALD?

I feel you for Torvald.

I really want a talent that allows the player to play old buck again. Sure , it would change the entire kit, but it would be an awesome experience!
    But even if that's not going to happen , buck still needs buffs, 1 extra ammo doesn't change anything

Allow me to state it again for Hi-Rez: ONE BULLET DOESN'T FIX WHAT HAS BEEN DONE TO BUCK.

Thank you.

• @Driggydrug I prefer Buck a lot of times more than Maeve and I say Buck is waaay too underrated compared to Maeve, when it comes to fanbase and not meta.

• PC

@AstroidexAdam I don't think so.

Buck has problems for so long, and I see nothing but memes to speak for him. I could see Maeve been defended, tho. Many times.

Buck has always had nothing but memes to speak for him.

• @M3RC3N4RI0 remember that the ult doesn't even consume ammo so it isn't that bad 😛
    However I still dislike buck's new ult, it's rushed and they could have reworked
    it better.
    If you played the game before ob54 you would have noticed how popular was buck with bounce house (2 jumps talent), not only in casual, even in esports.
    When hirez decided to **** the entire flank concept, by adding too much damage and keep nerfing mobility, buck stopped being playable and fun.
    So to put him in line with the bursty flankers he was reworked in ob61 ... but guess what?? He's still unpopular , weak and very rare in casual (even more in ranked).
    I know that many players would like to play old buck again, please hirez 😞

• PC

@M3RC3N4RI0 said in Buck, The Bulcky Flanker.:

The one bullet made him playable again at least

In my opinion one extra bullet doesn't make a champ playable, this buff felt like nothing to me

• PC

Buck is ok for Hi-Rez: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRTpCHZWjOQ

I have a comment there. I hope you find it. User there is Eduardo Barros, if anyone is interested in.

Have a nice one.

A mod can close this thread.

I am done.

Locked on user request.