Removal of Killcam/Top play

• PC

Greetings,

it looks like HiRez will remove top play and the killcam in the next update, what are your thoughts about it?
    Frankly, I see it as unfortunate, top play and the killcam were fun features of the game in a team based setting.
    Of course if they cause bugs like black screens now, they need to be fixed, and the devs removing those
    features also fix the bugs with it, but I do really hope this feature will someday be returned.

Link to Twitter

• PC

@Averey WOW! If they remove enough features it will be cake to move to UE 4. lmao.

I suggested not long ago to remove POTG UNTIL it was fixed. Never thought they would do it permanently. I'm shocked.

I think the killcam should stay, regardless.

What game in this day doesn't have this stuff? Truly this is a lazy way out.

• This post is deleted!

• The "dick-cam" is in 9 of 10 cases a waste of time so I am glad if it is gone.

• PC

This post is deleted!

• POTG is garbage most of the time and when it is a good play it cuts off before its finished. They should add on computer recording of the last 30 seconds of play where we can click a button to do a perm save if something happens worth keeping.

Then have a discord or website where players can share a truly special plays and have players vote on weekly Plays of the week.

• PC

I really see both sides on this one, though I personally believe that this really is for the better, for a few reasons.

1. Killcam and Top Play are behind a LOT of the bugs in the game. Like the list is so long I think it's best I just post a link for the timestamp on JayFlare's recent video where he scrolls through it.

2. They are replacing it with something new, so it's not just a straight-up removal with no replacement. Have no idea what this replacement will be, just heard it mentioned in the linked JayFlare video. EDIT: Death Cards are not an adequate replacement (or one at all), so ignore this one for now... 😑

3. Killcams and Top Play were flawed, so badly in fact it actually drives away new players. It consistently would show things that actually weren't happening, like a Strix shooting somebody through a corner when he can't do that. With that in mind, they don't really end up serving their purpose. Also, seeing two of one person in top play is very, very disorienting.

4. Top Play was pretty much based on a sort of algorithm based on who got the most elims within that frame of time (though it prioritized kills over assists), and not even remotely based on the quality of the play itself.

• PC

@Dusklicious

I'm going to lmao if the same bugs are still there afterwards - IMO a high probability. I hope I'm wrong.

BTW, they forgot Cassie's weapon sound sometimes keeps playing after death. Imani has intermittent weapon lockout after death.

• With how it is right 98% of tilted matches who wants to see thare group obliterated with unfair match up? As of right now i see this as a good one for now bug bugs need fixed and match making is just trashand needs a full rework.

@Kiritoiga said in Removal of Killcam/Top play:

With how it is right 98% of tilted matches who wants to see thare group obliterated with unfair match up? As of right now i see this as a good one for now bug bugs need fixed and match making is just trashand needs a full rework.

Keep on topic please.

• @Peinzius i am on topic i say its good they get rid of killcam with the way the stat of the game is. All in all i stand by what i have stated in the last post.

• I like killcam though, it's often interesting to watch who killed me and how. Even with bugs it's easy to guess what really happened.

For Top Play there would be a good compromise if one can click it away or disable it.

• Those death cards... OMG... Just... OUCH... Really man? I mean, you're literally buying cosmetics to dick around someone who you killed recently..

• PC

I agree that fixing bugs must be a priority, and maybe it is true that removing it is the most efficient way to do so, still, with the kill cam goes away the funtionality of it being used for teamplay positioning purposes, or identifying if someone is a hacker, it was useful for that. Now, you won't be able to tell that.

Top play is bugged, sure, but apart from the black screen it was mostly visual bugs with, I think, could have been worked around, but I do not know how deep rooted in the code they are of course.

Still, a way of recording matches or top plays for the players, in game, would be a great addition and add content to the game.

• Hi-Rez's new policy. If you can't fix remove it. Hi-Rez is getting more and more lazy.

• @jocasela No they are getting more and more focused on what really matters.

• PC

@DaddyOoker new visual bugs I noticed is the "shrinking" of showed champions when the top play champion screen is on, and as before sometimes it shows the wrong POG, but other than that it has been pretty consistant. The most serious bug, I think, is the black screen, but we have no info if it the sole concern.

• PC

@Averey said in Removal of Killcam/Top play:

@DaddyOoker new visual bugs I noticed is the "shrinking" of showed champions when the top play champion screen is on, and as before sometimes it shows the wrong POG, but other than that it has been pretty consistant. The most serious bug, I think, is the black screen, but we have no info if it the sole concern.

Lian turns dwarf when selecting the champion - it's not just the POG. Easily reproduced as it happens every time. I reported seeing it on the PTS on this forum (I know this forum is not the bug reporting area... PTS is unclear where to report anyway). The issue still made it to live as well as some others. It's trivial so it may persist for quite some time. I haven't had the black screen problem for a long time. POG showing wrong player at start of replay happens randomly. It's weird to say the least.

• PC

@DaddyOoker ah yes, it is mainly Lian, though some random champions have been "shrinking" as far as I can remember as well. It making to live shows that the devs probably planned they will remove the feature in the end already, instead of fixing those bugs, which would probably have costed more time and resources.

• @DaddyOoker I totally agree I like to know my enamies and the killcam is great way to learn some things. The killcam should atleast stay although flexing with the top play feels awesome